Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184870 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8500 on: June 16, 2021, 05:43:21 PM »
I know what Fact Check confirms. I know my uni didn't break the law. I also know I wouldn't have gone on placement without the Hep B jab. Fact.

Don't blame you mate. That was to protect you and has been safely used for 40 years.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8501 on: June 16, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »
Don't blame you mate. That was to protect you and has been safely used for 40 years.

So should we wait forty years to see how the Covid jab goes? Not picking by the way as this could exceed the attention span of my drunken flea on speed of a mind  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8502 on: June 16, 2021, 06:26:28 PM »
So should we wait forty years to see how the Covid jab goes? Not picking by the way as this could exceed the attention span of my drunken flea on speed of a mind  ;D .

Well it's not currently mandated/compulsory so if people want to take it, so be it. Similarly if people are worried about catching COVID from a care worker then just get vaccinated yourself, if it's so important to be vaccinated then protect yourself, if that isn't enough then the vaccine doesn't work anyway. This idea anyone has any right to know your medical history/vaccine history for their own peace of mind is totally alien to me and hopefully it remains that way in law.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8503 on: June 16, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
Whoever would have predicted that surge testing would produce a surge in known cases 🤔

Are you among those who doubt what a truly terrible disease this is and how many lives it has totally devastated? We have been through an incredibly difficult time for 15 months plus now, what’s another 4 weeks in the scheme of things? More jabs in arms means more people safe.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8504 on: June 16, 2021, 07:35:32 PM »
Are you among those who doubt what a truly terrible disease this is and how many lives it has totally devastated? We have been through an incredibly difficult time for 15 months plus now, what’s another 4 weeks in the scheme of things? More jabs in arms means more people safe.

I'm one of those people that understands correlation.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8505 on: June 16, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »
It's an individual's right not to be vaccinated, but it's also the right in my opinion, to not employ someone who is not vaccinated where they pose a risk to that employer or their buisness.

I totally agree with this. In a democratic society an individual can choose not to be vaccinated. In that same society companies should be allowed to refuse employment to those not vaccinated if they deem it to pose a business risk.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8506 on: June 16, 2021, 10:45:14 PM »
I totally agree with this. In a democratic society an individual can choose not to be vaccinated. In that same society companies should be allowed to refuse employment to those not vaccinated if they deem it to pose a business risk.

What about natural immunity? Evidence of immunity in the unexposed? Why would you want a two tiered apartheid system based on vaccination status to a disease that has an infection fatality rate of 0.15‐0.20% (0.03‐0.04% in those <70yrs)

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8507 on: June 16, 2021, 10:58:18 PM »
What about natural immunity? Evidence of immunity in the unexposed? Why would you want a two tiered apartheid system based on vaccination status to a disease that has an infection fatality rate of 0.15‐0.20% (0.03‐0.04% in those <70yrs)

Fair comment.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8508 on: June 17, 2021, 07:58:58 AM »
According to ITV news, Covid cases are doubling every 11 days among the unvaccinated.
That would mean that they can pass on the illness too.
They are playing with our health and lives.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8509 on: June 17, 2021, 08:58:52 AM »
According to ITV news, Covid cases are doubling every 11 days among the unvaccinated.
That would mean that they can pass on the illness too.
They are playing with our health and lives.
People refusing the vaccine should be refused hospital treatment if they get covid.  And i know they can't but they should make it law that you have got to have it and if not then seggregate them from the one's who have been vaccinated like in a leper colony. I've had enough now of these selfish people who are putting people at risk and taking up hospital beds when people with other problems need those beds and putting the NHS back under pressure.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8510 on: June 17, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »
People refusing the vaccine should be refused hospital treatment if they get covid.  And i know they can't but they should make it law that you have got to have it and if not then seggregate them from the one's who have been vaccinated like in a leper colony. I've had enough now of these selfish people who are putting people at risk and taking up hospital beds when people with other problems need those beds and putting the NHS back under pressure.

Mate I genuinely don't know where to start with this. It's also very concerning this comment has been up for over an hour and hasn't been challenged.  :-X

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8511 on: June 17, 2021, 10:21:56 AM »
Im pro vaccines, have been supportive of lockdowns including the current extension, but the mandatory vaccine thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth, my nans in a care home and i still dont support it. Mix of brexit and this has/will cause a massive influx of people leaving the sector, and from working in the care sector myself previously, your average johnny english wont fill the gaps. I know i wouldnt go back and i have the skills and the passion for it, so you average person definatley wouldnt join the sector. There is going to be "trouble at the mill" in the next few years in elderly care. Big trouble in little care homes  :(

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8512 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:14 AM »
Mate I genuinely don't know where to start with this. It's also very concerning this comment has been up for over an hour and hasn't been challenged.  :-X
Perhaps a lot more people think the same but are to worried to agree. I have had enough of living the way we have been for the last 16 months and it is time to make some decisions.  What difference will it make if anyone challenges it? It's my thoughts and my feelings and it doesn't matter what people on here say that won't change how i feel.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8513 on: June 17, 2021, 10:25:55 AM »

What about the relatives of the tuskgee syphillis experiments living in this country? What about the decendts of the windrush generation who were pumped full of mystery drugs in trials? Id understand why they wouldnt want to get a vaccine...do you? The people in society whove been traditionally mistreated and lied to by medical services and govererment?

Very easy for me in my ivory tower to get a vaccine, but those whove been mistreated historically, there is understandable distrust. We need to work together to educate and make people feel safe enough to have it, not turn people into a colony of lepers.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8514 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:02 AM »
What about the relatives of the tuskgee syphillis experiments living in this country? What about the decendts of the windrush generation who were pumped full of mystery drugs in trials? Id understand why they wouldnt want to get a vaccine...do you? The people in society whove been traditionally mistreated and lied to by medical services and govererment?

Very easy for me in my ivory tower to get a vaccine, but those whove been mistreated historically, there is understandable distrust. We need to work together to educate and make people feel safe enough to have it, not turn people into a colony of lepers.
I'm living in the here and now and the only thing i am bothered about is the covid vaccine.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8515 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »
I'm living in the here and now and the only thing i am bothered about is the covid vaccine.

Thats great, but other people dont have that privilege. You cant just dismiss other peoples views and experience, just because they dont have the same ones as you. We need to work more on educating and showing its safe before some people will take it. Over the goverement...

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8516 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:47 AM »

The only people who use this “what’s another 4 weeks” are generally those who are not losing out..

What’s another 4 weeks if you’re business cannot open and you’re receiving no income?

What’s another 4 weeks if your business cannot open and you’re receiving no income yet will be expected to pay business rates from the end of this month?

What’s another 4 weeks if you’ve been unable to seek any employment support because you did not have at least 12 months of previous trading history

What’s another 4 weeks to those who are absolutely riddled with debt without the income means to satisfy their creditors

What’s another 4 weeks to the mental health of this nation

What’s another 4 weeks to that ever growing backlog of hospital appointments that’s been caused through covid

8 people sadly lost their lives yesterday.

Simon Stevens has stated that Covid accounts for 1% of hospital capacity

72m vaccinations carried out

But another 4 weeks wow hurt ... and then another 4 weeks...  ::)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8517 on: June 17, 2021, 10:44:18 AM »
Perhaps a lot more people think the same but are to worried to agree. I have had enough of living the way we have been for the last 16 months and it is time to make some decisions.  What difference will it make if anyone challenges it? It's my thoughts and my feelings and it doesn't matter what people on here say that won't change how i feel.

That's the worry, that other people think the same (hence no posts challenging you). You've been fully indoctrinated by project fear, yes it's a nasty illness in the very elderly but people have to die of something, eventually. Unvaccinated people aren't keeping the country locked down. Mental zero-Covid scientific advisers are via the government.

You are literally suggesting internment camps for perfectly healthy people with a 0.03% chance of a bad outcome from an illness where the most vulnerable have all been given as much protection as is available.

Do you know what would really ease the burden on the NHS? Refusing treatment to the obese, smokers and people who drink alcohol or take recreational drugs. But no one in their right mind actually thinks that should happen.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8518 on: June 17, 2021, 10:47:52 AM »
That's the worry, that other people think the same (hence no posts challenging you). You've been fully indoctrinated by project fear, yes it's a nasty illness in the very elderly but people have to die of something, eventually. Unvaccinated people aren't keeping the country locked down. Mental zero-Covid scientific advisers are via the government.

You are literally suggesting internment camps for perfectly healthy people with a 0.03% chance of a bad outcome from an illness where the most vulnerable have all been given as much protection as is available.

Do you know what would really ease the burden on the NHS? Refusing treatment to the obese, smokers and people who drink alcohol or take recreational drugs. But no one in their right mind actually thinks that should happen.

Letting elderly people go natrually, rather than keeping them alive for years with a seriously poor quality of life. But that's eugenics and no civilised society should be going down that route. We have different views on lockdowns, but im totally with you here jacko.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8519 on: June 17, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
The only people who use this “what’s another 4 weeks” are generally those who are not losing out..

What’s another 4 weeks if you’re business cannot open and you’re receiving no income?

What’s another 4 weeks if your business cannot open and you’re receiving no income yet will be expected to pay business rates from the end of this month?

What’s another 4 weeks if you’ve been unable to seek any employment support because you did not have at least 12 months of previous trading history

What’s another 4 weeks to those who are absolutely riddled with debt without the income means to satisfy their creditors

What’s another 4 weeks to the mental health of this nation

What’s another 4 weeks to that ever growing backlog of hospital appointments that’s been caused through covid

8 people sadly lost their lives yesterday.

Simon Stevens has stated that Covid accounts for 1% of hospital capacity

72m vaccinations carried out

But another 4 weeks wow hurt ... and then another 4 weeks...  ::)
Very well said Liam. You should stand for election next year  ;D  ;)

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8520 on: June 17, 2021, 11:06:17 AM »

Awful stance to have considering you’re completely ignoring natural immunity from exposure and evidence of pre existing immunity in a % of unexposed...

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8521 on: June 17, 2021, 11:07:51 AM »
Very well said Liam. You should stand for election next year  ;D  ;)

Not sure my employer would be happy with that  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8522 on: June 17, 2021, 11:09:02 AM »
Letting elderly people go natrually, rather than keeping them alive for years with a seriously poor quality of life. But that's eugenics and no civilised society should be going down that route. We have different views on lockdowns, but im totally with you here jacko.

Listening to some elderly people in the coffee shop the other day and they were complaining no one cares how they feel. Trapped inside their homes virtually for a year or so, no physical contact with family or friends for most of it. They were complaining that people are assuming they want to be locked down in their last days. They were saying they wanted to enjoy their final time. Not spend it like a prisoner but far more isolated. Who wants to live forever?

Someone said to me the other day "take me back to 2019 when everyone was immortal" and it was spot on.

The comment about non-vaccinated 'leper colonies' is extremely worrying. I may have underestimated the effects of the propaganda the government and MSM have had on people. It's been a brutal campaign they have waged but i didnt think it had worked this well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 11:10:43 AM by gazberg »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8523 on: June 17, 2021, 02:01:03 PM »

This is an awful stance to take I feel.

Don’t agree with it at all.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8524 on: June 17, 2021, 02:31:37 PM »
This is an awful stance to take I feel.

Don’t agree with it at all.
I don't expect you to agree with me,I don't expect anyone to agree with me but that's life. It's my thoughts and i have my reasons for those thoughts no-one on here knows anyone else's situation and what as gone on in there lives through this pandemic so i will just leave it there.