Author Topic: Josh Griffiths  (Read 35159 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Josh Griffiths
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2023, 08:53:27 AM »
Thought he was much better yesterday. I'd stick with him over Button based on that performance

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2023, 09:40:19 AM »
Thought he was much better yesterday. I'd stick with him over Button based on that performance

Broadly agree, albeit he went with his wrong hand for their first goal, which was a shame. Still a rookie, but seems marginally less frail than Button and he has already made a few fine saves. Watford went through us like a knife in butter yesterday, our defence can't deal with that level of pace & power.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2023, 10:36:41 AM »
For what it's worth I don't blame Griffiths for any of the goals yesterday. I feel its harsh to put any blame on him for the first one he was scrambling and not really in a position to do much.

Agree with this

Blowee

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
I’m sure he’ll get better the more he plays. Button won’t. If it’s either Button or Griffiths I’d rather Griffiths.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2023, 10:58:15 AM »
I’m sure he’ll get better the more he plays. Button won’t. If it’s either Button or Griffiths I’d rather Griffiths.

Button has no future really. Griffiths potentially does

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2023, 11:54:42 AM »
Wrists were painfully weak against Blackburn to cost us the win in that one, and didn't cover himself in glory with the first Watford goal, but certainly worth persisting with over Button who has had 15-20 games this season and has looked awful in the majority of them. The lad clearly has potential, best to expose him to first team football now so he can learn at the deep end until Palmer is back

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2023, 12:18:31 PM »
Plan to watch the highlights later but from memory I was more concerned with Townsend for the first goal from my position in the back row to the centre of Block V1. Personally thought Griffiths did himself no harm last night. We were far too easy to play against as a team at times though.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
It’s very easy to stop the criticism of Josh…just put button in for the 0-6 pasting from Boro ..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2023, 01:16:15 PM »
Plan to watch the highlights later but from memory I was more concerned with Townsend for the first goal from my position in the back row to the centre of Block V1. Personally thought Griffiths did himself no harm last night. We were far too easy to play against as a team at times though.

We all know the serious limitations of CT, Atomic aside, and last night, despite his goal, he was fairly awful again.

I felt, other than the first goal where it started with a poor kick from Griffiths and ended with a weak attempt at a palm away, he played quite well last night so I was not as concerned moving forward as I was after Blackburn where he looked extremely nervy and cost us the equaliser.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2023, 01:24:16 PM »
Would like a goal keepers opinion on the first one, I find it hard to comment too much other than my gut instinct said he could have maybe done a bit better. He was however wrong footed.

The defence gave Griffiths too much to do last night for him to avoid the rest, he made 3 decent saves and still let 3 in, ehich shows the defence ultimately failed.
Boing Boing

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2023, 05:10:25 PM »
First clean sheet of many. He’s one of England’s best young keepers and he should remain in the team even when Palmer is back. Give him 30 games and there’ll be clubs from the PL offering big money for him. He’s that good.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2023, 05:11:06 PM »
HAppy for the lad to get his first clean sheet for us! Well done Josh.

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2023, 05:43:28 PM »
Two fabulous saves today.  Well done Josh!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2023, 05:48:24 PM »
Forgot about his save in the 9th minute or whatever it was. Fantastic.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2023, 06:21:34 PM »
Well done young Joshua, your first baggies clean sheet was very welcome.

Keep up the good work.

The decision to give Button 2 years was absolutely lazy mistake.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2023, 06:31:17 PM »
Having a keeper the defence feel confidence in is huge. Looking more assured with each game.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2023, 06:46:40 PM »
Having a keeper the defence feel confidence in is huge. Looking more assured with each game.
Definitely.
You can see his confidence growing and the defence feels more at ease. I hope Palmer struggles to get back in. Not because I don't rate him, i absolutely do, but I think we have 2 of the best young keepers in the league and if Josh does well he deserves to make Alex fight for his place.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2023, 07:21:07 PM »
First clean sheet of many. He’s one of England’s best young keepers and he should remain in the team even when Palmer is back. Give him 30 games and there’ll be clubs from the PL offering big money for him. He’s that good.

Good performance from Josh today, two fine saves, pleased for him that he got his first clean sheet, but I have to say that Alex Palmer for me is straight back into the team when he is fit again.

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2023, 07:27:44 PM »
Looking from the Brummie road I was certain they were going to score late on. It looked like the goal was wide open for their player to slot it in, but Griffiths made an absolutely wonderful save.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2023, 07:40:27 PM »
Good performance from Josh today, two fine saves, pleased for him that he got his first clean sheet, but I have to say that Alex Palmer for me is straight back into the team when he is fit again.

I agree with you. It’s great to see Josh doing so well now though.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2023, 07:48:05 PM »

Really? One is a future England number 1 and the other will stay as a decent championship keeper. Griffiths is our only hope of getting out of this financial mess we’re in. He’ll be sold for big money at some point within the next 24 months, providing we continue to give him game time.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2023, 07:53:17 PM »
Really? One is a future England number 1 and the other will stay as a decent championship keeper. Griffiths is our only hope of getting out of this financial mess we’re in. He’ll be sold for big money at some point within the next 24 months, providing we continue to give him game time.

Yes really  :D
I think you are getting carried away. Palmer was excellent for us.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2023, 07:57:57 PM »
Yes really  :D
I think you are getting carried away. Palmer was excellent for us.

He was poor in games against Luton and Burnley.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »

. Its only 3 games since he cost us 2 points, and he was at fault for the first Watford goal. See ease up on the complete hyperbole.
Fantastic to see him keep his first clean sheet.....more of the same please, Josh
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 12:53:00 AM by Dexy »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2023, 08:29:39 PM »
Excellent today. Not much to do but an important save first half and a magnificent stop right at the end.