Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2550074 times)

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1850 on: January 05, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »
I agree, everyone moans we never produce any of our own talent and when we do he is treated like s**t.

I'm not even aware of where this 'attitude' problem theory has come from, he had a bust up in the dressing room which I'd say 90% of players have in their career except unfortunatley his got out in public which should never of happened. Then obviously the speeding is just plain stupid but again I'd hazard a guess lots of people on here have either been caught speeding or drove above the limit, if there is drink involved then that is a lot worse but I have my doubts about that as he would have already been charged and I haven't read anywhere that he has.

Most kids/young adults would be a little arrogant if they were banging goals in in the Premiership its probably that confidence that got him where he is.

Lay off the lad.
A lad who  works in our London office who is a Brentford fan told me when he was on loan at Brentford the players hated his arrogance and he use to say things like I'm a premiership player and I shouldn't be playing here it was common knowledge at the time and all the Brentford players thought he was a bell.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1851 on: January 05, 2015, 08:19:15 PM »
Sky saying we'll let him go for £20m.
Sounds like they inviting offers so either want shot or need cash.
Only good business if we can replace his goals, even if he is a bell!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1852 on: January 05, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »
Sky or his agent through Sky  ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1853 on: January 05, 2015, 08:41:47 PM »
Why is it professional not to celebrate?
He certainly celebrated his 1st hatrick for us, I remember it well, maybe more than he does.

I doubt it very much. I don't know about you but I prefer to celebrate in an environment where I know I am appreciated for who I am. Either he is an object of value to cash in whenever suitable or he is a part of the club. Who should he show his emotions to? He is paid to score goals and he does his job and I am sure that brings him a lot of satisfaction. Making you personally happy is not in his contact. 
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1854 on: January 05, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
I doubt it very much. I don't know about you but I prefer to celebrate in an environment where I know I am appreciated for who I am. Either he is an object of value to cash in whenever suitable or he is a part of the club. Who should he show his emotions to? He is paid to score goals and he does his job and I am sure that brings him a lot of satisfaction. Making you personally happy is not in his contact.

seems quite an astute appraisal of how his mind might be working. Do you know Saido by any chance?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1855 on: January 05, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

More a case I think of if he's going to go then let's get it done and dusted quickly so that we've got time to replace him

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1856 on: January 05, 2015, 08:53:07 PM »
Priceless.
If players are no longer in the job of making fans happy, then it really is no longer our game.
He has been part of this club since he was 10 and has been supported throughout, so no he is not a cash cow in my eyes.
He is aggrieved that his contract talks have broken down so it is him making it about money not the club.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1857 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:50 PM »
He's certainly not a Jeff Astle or Tony Brown, to name but a few, in many, many, many ways
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1858 on: January 05, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »
I agree, everyone moans we never produce any of our own talent and when we do he is treated like s**t.

I'm not even aware of where this 'attitude' problem theory has come from, he had a bust up in the dressing room which I'd say 90% of players have in their career except unfortunatley his got out in public which should never of happened. Then obviously the speeding is just plain stupid but again I'd hazard a guess lots of people on here have either been caught speeding or drove above the limit, if there is drink involved then that is a lot worse but I have my doubts about that as he would have already been charged and I haven't read anywhere that he has.

Most kids/young adults would be a little arrogant if they were banging goals in in the Premiership its probably that confidence that got him where he is.

Lay off the lad.

Bit of a head in the sand moment old chap.
He's treated poorly because of the shenanigans he gets up to away from the club, and the daft things he posts on twitter and face book, he thinks he's made it already. He hasn't.
He was on loan at Brantford and Northampton, sent back from both clubs due to attitude are they wrong as well?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1859 on: January 05, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »
Situations like this end in tears . Take the 25 million if it comes add another 10 off our generous chairman swap ideye for fletcher another decent striker and 2 good midfielders . Hey I might be the next head coach .

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1860 on: January 05, 2015, 09:12:11 PM »
He's treated poorly because of the shenanigans he gets up to away from the club, and the daft things he posts on twitter and face book, he thinks he's made it already. He hasn't.
He was on loan at Brantford and Northampton, sent back from both clubs due to attitude are they wrong as well?

He wasn't sent back from Northampton but hey ho. He can put anything he wants on twitter as long as he doesn't abuse the club surely? And sorry to say, he has made it. He's a regular Premier League goalscorer and is in and around the England squad.

It is a crying shame Albion fans refuse to embrace quality when we see it, over a quiet, hardworking yet talentless player.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1861 on: January 05, 2015, 09:12:46 PM »

Exactly right, like I said in a previous post on this thread, some players are more trouble than they are worth. If Pulis thinks along the same lines and feels there is a danger of disruption to the squad and club as a whole, he should be moved on regardless of how good he is. No one individual is bigger than the club. We cant be in a position of having an immature 21 year old kid calling the shots and sulking when someone says something that he doesn't like.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1862 on: January 05, 2015, 09:24:39 PM »
It's a very long time since I was 21, but if I'd got the national press and fans dissecting my every gesture after scoring a goal, I'm not sure I could hack it.
If this drink/drive accusation proves to be founded, then the lad's a fool to himself, & deserves everything he gets, until that's proved, he's one of us & should be supported.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1863 on: January 05, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
seems quite an astute appraisal of how his mind might be working. Do you know Saido by any chance?

No  :) but I am aware that talent comes at a price. I'm not advocating that we should be in the business of developing prima donnas just understanding that this youngster has a lot on his plate and needs support.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:40:12 PM by Yamaka »

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1864 on: January 05, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
He wasn't sent back from Northampton but hey ho. He can put anything he wants on twitter as long as he doesn't abuse the club surely? And sorry to say, he has made it. He's a regular Premier League goalscorer and is in and around the England squad.

It is a crying shame Albion fans refuse to embrace quality when we see it, over a quiet, hardworking yet talentless player.

Totally agree. Odemwingie used to get some unjust stick too. I bet the majority of our fans would rather see a Sean Flynn type than players with quality but a few flaws.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1865 on: January 05, 2015, 09:44:33 PM »
Totally agree. Odemwingie used to get some unjust stick too. I bet the majority of our fans would rather see a Sean Flynn type than players with quality but a few flaws.

Borja Valero!  ;D
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1866 on: January 05, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »
Priceless.
If players are no longer in the job of making fans happy, then it really is no longer our game.
He has been part of this club since he was 10 and has been supported throughout, so no he is not a cash cow in my eyes.
He is aggrieved that his contract talks have broken down so it is him making it about money not the club.

I guess you know more about what goes on behind the scenes than me. I just see someone trying to make sense of a mercenary world where not only are you expected to do your job but also fein loyalty and play the crowd like a seasoned thespian. Some ask - I know I'm not up to it...

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1867 on: January 05, 2015, 09:49:01 PM »
Borja Valero!  ;D

I'll give you that one. :D Some players just don't work over here. He was one of them. Too cold for him I think!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1868 on: January 05, 2015, 09:54:10 PM »

Agree mate, it seems lately that anything half decent at the club a lot of our fans try to create a negative out of it. Since our three mid table finishes the mindset of some fans has weirdly changed.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1869 on: January 05, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »
It's a very long time since I was 21, but if I'd got the national press and fans dissecting my every gesture after scoring a goal, I'm not sure I could hack it.
If this drink/drive accusation proves to be founded, then the lad's a fool to himself, & deserves everything he gets, until that's proved, he's one of us & should be supported.

I totally agree he needs supporting and man managing. While he is an Albion player, we should all be behind him and supportive of him. As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, Berahino seems to be the type of character who needs a constant arm around the shoulder and man managing. He has obviously had issues in his life that I couldn't even begin to imagine. This is where Pulis could come into his own. Berahino is a perfect example of someone who will benefit from working with more of a MANAGER rather than a head coach. I hope TP can get to the bottom of any potential problems that may or may not be brewing. TP has already said that if Berahino has got any issues, he wouldn't be the first footballer to have them. I believe TP is confident he can get to the bottom of it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1870 on: January 05, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »
I guess you know more about what goes on behind the scenes than me. I just see someone trying to make sense of a mercenary world where not only are you expected to do your job but also fein loyalty and play the crowd like a seasoned thespian. Some ask - I know I'm not up to it...

He will have advisors & agents who have a vested interest in SAido generating transfer fees whispering in his ear constantly. they will use any ammunition they can find and Baggies fans "dissing" the lad is free fuel for them.
We the fans should be more savvy and make him feel "loved"
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1871 on: January 05, 2015, 09:59:52 PM »
Berahino has been through more than most of us will ever go through and for him to be scoring goals and in the england squad after going through everything says more about his attitude than anything else in my opinion.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1872 on: January 05, 2015, 10:03:30 PM »
he is the best natural goal scorer since super kev,with decent service and more starts he would have had more goals,and us more points,against Gateshead in the first half when they were on top,he constantly worked there back line,big vic hardly moved,considering we paid 16mil for big vic and edeye brown,20m for berahino is a steal ,so he did not celebrate much,neither did we in the stands as it was against Gateshead,also 10,000 couldn't even be bothered to turn up anyway as it was against Gateshead,the time to worry is if he scores against hull on Saturday and doesn't celebrate

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1873 on: January 05, 2015, 11:08:36 PM »
I'm shocked at how sensitive some fan are when it comes to players personalities and actions. When you see fans getting upset about goal celebrations or lack there of against a side like Gateshead I can't help but see how picky and fickle some fans have become because after the money we dished out on the last two "strikers" we bought and seeing the results of those purchases I just don't see how anyone can logically conclude were better off selling Saido. Saido for me at least has not done anything that makes me think we should sell him and are better off without him in the locker room or better yet the pitch. Yea the kid and that is what he is a kid has done and said some stupid things who didn't at that age it's just no one took notice because were not footballers. It's not as if he has handed in transfer requests or threatened to sit out unless certain demands are met like starting every game or playing him out of position and I haven't seen him drive up to another clubs grounds to have talks. Saido has come through our youth system and has turned out to be a good striker who can find the back of the net, better than any other striker we currently have by far!! Why sell him and bring in another Brown for instance? We got someone we know can score goals!! The old regime where I'm sure he felt he could get away with more is gone now so with TP and company coming in I think this will only help him. Why get rid of someone you know can do the job you need him to do? He is too valuable to us right now to be selling off for in my view petty reasons. As so many of us have said spending money on a player doesn't guarantee certain performances.

howard62baby

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1874 on: January 05, 2015, 11:25:58 PM »
Well put, he didn't do a flick flack Arab spring with a triple pike spotting with a backwards moon walk whilst machine gunning the crowd ending with a salute.he did what he's paid to do putting the ball into the net simples.
No body moves no body gets hurt put your hands on your head and your faces in the dirt al capone's guns don't argue !!!