Author Topic: 3 Apr 2021 Chelsea 2 Albion 5  (Read 31940 times)

the other AJ

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2021, 09:39:56 AM »
And not a whiff of VAR !!!
Thought one was coming though. In the end Ivanovich did himself and the subs worked and won us the game...
Baggie Down Under 🙃

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: April 05, 2021, 10:04:21 AM »
And not a whiff of VAR !!!

Thought the last goal was checked by VAR for possible offside (Robinson wasn't).

anyway onto the game:

Amazing performance and rightly praised by the pundits. Shame some of our fans can't do the same, but never mind.

I was surprised when Robinson came on for Ivanovic, I thought it was going to be Peltier. Maybe Allardyce realised how poor Chelsea were playing and decided to go for the jugular.
It does show how Pereira needs to be played centrally and that Robinson can do a job.

It was great to see us having so many players joining the attacks, we often had 6 or 7 in and around the box. 14 shots, 7 on target, 5 goals and one off the bar!

I'd definitely be starting with the team that played from the 37th minute to the 89th minute, against Southampton.

Hard to pick a man of the match, everyone played their part. Townsend, Pereira, Robinson were all superb in particular. Pereira shades it for me.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #377 on: April 05, 2021, 03:40:27 PM »
Each one of them were cracking goals and apart from Pereira’s 1st, involved several team members.

1. Robinson’s 1st.   Fabulous team goal, great cross, what a volley finish!
2. Robinson’s 2nd.  Great skill and composure to chip keeper at an angle like he did
3. Diagne.              Another fabulous team build up and cleanly placed finish.
4. Pereira’s 1st.      Illustrated his skill taking down ball and exquisite chip
5. Pereira’s 2nd.     Team effort again and great vision and control by Pereira

You know, thinking about it, it’s virtually impossible to separate the quality of those goals - all were effin’ brilliant!  I cannot recall ever watching a game when ALL the five or more goals were as good as they were against Chelsea.

Lineker on Match of the Day called us “West Brazil”  - he wasn’t far wrong on that Baggie performance!

i think I agree with your listing, to think Perieras 2nd could be the worst goal we scored is MENTAL
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2021, 01:55:44 PM »
I'd definitely be starting with the team that played from the 37th minute to the 89th minute, against Southampton.

This is the key for me. I am a massive Gallagher fan and he really shone when he was alongside Livermore or Sawyers who, at this level, are just awful but since the quality of the midfield has improved he is not as pivotal and it will help the balance of the side not to bring him back straight away so wet Pereira central where he is most effective.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2021, 02:54:20 PM »
All 5 goals were excellent but here's how I would rank them.

1. Robinson's first. Great anticipation from Robbo to make his run at the right moment
2. Robinson's 2nd. Having composure to chip keeper when many would have blasted it
3. Pereira 1st. Technique in chipping keeper.
4. Diagne. Team goal.
5. Pereira 2nd. Also great composure in front of goal.

Extra word for Pereira who I think was involved in all the goals.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #380 on: April 07, 2021, 09:51:44 AM »
This is the key for me. I am a massive Gallagher fan and he really shone when he was alongside Livermore or Sawyers who, at this level, are just awful but since the quality of the midfield has improved he is not as pivotal and it will help the balance of the side not to bring him back straight away so wet Pereira central where he is most effective.

100%
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music