Author Topic: Jason Davidson Released by Albion  (Read 64572 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Jason Davidson Signs Official
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2014, 09:07:06 PM »
Solid signing this is, offers us plenty of options at left back and can play centre half.

Good day for the club this has been
Dexy : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2014, 09:10:25 PM »
Solid signing this is, offers us plenty of options at left back and can play centre half.
So could Ridgewell, but it wasn't useful to us that he could!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #177 on: August 05, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »

Eh? Thought that phrase was reserved for Premier League journey men... Baird, Gardner etc.  ;D

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #178 on: August 05, 2014, 11:47:12 PM »

Well, assuming his talent level is genuine prem quality of course... Otherwise we are in trouble. Not convinced by Poco yet.

Sappa

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #179 on: August 06, 2014, 02:35:22 AM »
So happy as an Aussie Baggie that we have signed a Australian player. Now we need a winger and another striker.

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #180 on: August 06, 2014, 10:35:27 AM »
If we've signed Jason, can we sign Kylie...........I'd give her a go in any position !! :P

Wasn't she having a medical in Glasgow last weekend  :P

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/soccer/socceroo-jason-davidson-goes-offscript-to-sign-for-west-bromwich-albion-in-the-premier-league-20140806-1015bf.html?

Socceroo Jason Davidson goes off-script to sign for West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League

August 6, 2014 - 5:49PM - Liam Mannix

Jason Davidson’s move to West Bromwich Albion in England’s Premier League was never part of the plan. The tyro left-back, 23, has been working to a strategy laid down by his father, Socceroos legend Alan Davidson, since he was young.

After two successful seasons in Holland and a breakthrough at international level, the plan was to head not to England but to Germany, where the youngster’s toughness and resilience would be forged.

At least, that was Alan Davidson’s plan. ''Up until a month ago the Germans were still on the cards,'' the elder Davidson told Fairfax Media. ''I pretty much had total control of everything till now, and Jason’s made a point to me – he’s said Dad I want to go to the Premier League. So we sat down and talked about it, and it was his call and I agree with him.''

When Jason was named by coach Ange Postecoglou as Australia’s first-choice left-back last year, he could say only that ''it's been a long time coming''. That gives you some sense of the long-term planning that has gone into his career – everything he achieves now built on a foundation that begun to be laid when he left Australia, aged 14, for Japan.

Alan, who is based in Melbourne, is extensively involved in Australia’s youth development programs, and used to operate his own soccer school. But he chose to send Jason abroad, a decision which is now paying handsome dividends.

''I’d been following world football with youth development, and FIFA had recognised four nations of leading the world in junior development – Brazil, Argentina, Holland and France,'' Alan said. ''About 10 years ago they’d just elevated Japan into the same category.'' Japan achieved its elevated ranking after recruiting Brazilian coaches into its development academies. Japan’s national team is now ranked No. 45 in the world by FIFA, while Australia languishes at No. 76.

''What was appealing to me [about the Japanese system] was the Brazilian flair in a very structured, regimented and hard-working program,'' Alan said. ''One of the most important things for us was his development in touch and skill. That was one of the reasons he went to Portugal. Then he moved over to Holland which was the next stage – skill and structure. The third stage of that was going to be going to Germany. Into the hard work with discipline and structure.''

The elder Davidson forged a career largely in Australia as a dashing left-back – but his son came through the junior ranks as a striker. That’s a position crowded with the world’s most talented footballers, and Davidson senior feared his son would struggle to forge a career up front, recalls Ezel Hikmet, director of football operations at Hume City FC in Melbourne’s north. ''As a junior he was a striker, but Alan Davidson actually thought Australia and the world lacks quality left-backs and Jason’s got the stamina as an athlete. He pretty much taught him,'' he said.

Hikmet remembers an intensely talented – and intensely driven – youngster who was always surrounded by a team of his own support staff. ''Kids would rock up to training and play and go out with their mates after the game, Jason would rock up to the game and afterwards have an analysis done with his dad. He was destined to make it. They’d take down personal statistics of his game, how many effective passes, how many efficient runs, it was pretty full on.''
5 wins and 1 draw to go! (or 4 wins and 3 draws)

On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2014, 10:52:47 PM »
Sounds good ^^^

Hopefully we have signed two excellent players in Davidson and Gamboa.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2014, 11:10:54 PM »
Good article thanks Aixelsyd. Will be interesting to see how this pans out but he seems to have the right attitude. Sense it could be a good signing.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »
Wasn't she having a medical in Glasgow last weekend  :P
Yep, tests came back ALL CLEAR !! :P
He's a lad from the Wrenna

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:37 AM »
Good article thanks Aixelsyd. Will be interesting to see how this pans out but he seems to have the right attitude. Sense it could be a good signing.

Great artical Aixelsyd - thanks for posting.

It sounds like he has the right work ethic to develop as a player which is great news.

It reminds me of similar stories about players like Beckham and Lampard when they were training as kids\teens.

I want to see more intelligent footballers who can adapt to different formations etc when needed.

Often, you only seem to find those players at clubs like Arsenal and to a certain extent Swansea.

Looking forward to seeing how he settles in here - he will definitely be made to feel welcome by the fans.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #186 on: August 30, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »
How did he look today? From what I was reading it seemed as though Dyer was getting the better of him at every opportunity. Many fans were calling for pocognoli to return to full fitness as quick as possible.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #187 on: August 30, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »
I thought he did well in very difficult circumstances, had no help from Brunt or Berahino when they swapped second half. Dyer is a bloody good winger and not scared to have a go at defenders. Davidson not scared to get stuck in. Probably right that he plays understudy to Pocognoli for now.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #188 on: August 30, 2014, 10:27:45 PM »
I thought he did well in very difficult circumstances, had no help from Brunt or Berahino when they swapped second half. Dyer is a bloody good winger and not scared to have a go at defenders. Davidson not scared to get stuck in. Probably right that he plays understudy to Pocognoli for now.

It should be clear by now that no full back gets any cover from Brunt - the common denominator for poor full backs  is having Brunt in front of them :(

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #189 on: August 30, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »

I though he did well first half, was partially at fault for the third goal, but, he received no help from Olsson. He has done okay overall.
Baggie in Southampton

wba606

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #190 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:09 PM »
yeah did well against dyer never got out done by dyers pace

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #191 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:49 PM »
Up against a decent player BUT his man scored twice. Not a patch on Pocognoli.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #192 on: August 30, 2014, 11:37:30 PM »
Sorry, but the game I watched today Dyer constantly outpaced Davidson down that wing. Keep hearing about fitness....why is he in the team if he isn't match fit?

And that raises another question: why are so many of our players 'not match fit'? I have an idea - let's start preparing for the season EARLIER in order to be match fit by the first game....not catching up when we're three games in.

Aussie Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2014, 10:19:29 AM »
As an Aussie I had to put a post here on Jason Davidson. I've seen so many negative comments on here about him.

I think you need to give him some time to settle in. Yes he's not in the first team squad but he can be a good fill in while he learns all about the EPL.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:26 AM »
Totally agree with you Aussie Baggie, he has got to be given time.

His first start he got taken apart by a good player but we also played rubbish as a team that day, he played v Hull and we won, and he played Tuesday, first game for 5 weeks and it wasnt even coming into a settled team, it was 10 changes and thats why most looked rubbish.

Its a big step up from the Dutch league as not only defenders find but also strikers who have cost millions of pounds, some make it, some dont but the bloke needs to be given a fair chance.

I said it previous i dont see him getting that chance at the moment due to Poco but with Baird / Gamboa / Brunt able to cover the left back slot if Poco gets injured during the game, why not send Davidson out on loan on a month by month basis, get him regular games and if we do have a long term problem with Poco whether Injury, Suspension, loss of form, recall Davidson straight back for a run of games.

I would do exactly the same with Ideye and Blanco too, loan with a view to an instant recall.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #195 on: October 30, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »
Not impressed so far, to be honest I was expecting a bit more from him than what I have seen.

On the evidence of Tuesday he should be nowhere near the first team, infact id rather Garmston was given games

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jason Davidson
« Reply #196 on: October 30, 2014, 11:30:48 AM »
Can't see Davidson making much impact if I'm honest. Will be a Carling Cup/FA Cup player and I reckon he will be on loan at a Championship club come Easter.

Looks like my prediction is going the right way. Any one want this Saturdays lotto numbers?  :P

Ste1987

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2014, 11:40:41 AM »

He's desperate.

else

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #198 on: October 30, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
Not impressed so far, to be honest I was expecting a bit more from him than what I have seen.

On the evidence of Tuesday he should be nowhere near the first team, infact id rather Garmston was given games

I agree 100% with this. I haven't been impressed so far either. Tuesday he looked well and truly out of his depth.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #199 on: October 30, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
I agree 100% with this. I haven't been impressed so far either. Tuesday he looked well and truly out of his depth.

Exactly, and that was against Bournemouth reserves
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'