Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1754956 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #4825 on: December 03, 2014, 08:07:12 AM »
In the Premiership you have to have players to be able to break teams down, we dont set up to do that. We focus far too much on the opposition rather than what we can do. I couldn't bear to watch the second half last night as I knew how bad it could get watching us play under Irvine.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4826 on: December 03, 2014, 08:22:39 AM »
Dick Advocaat is available now, give him a 2 year deal and bring his staff in, will be expensive but worth it. Would love to see the players try and moan to him!

Ste1987

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4827 on: December 03, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
Dick Advocaat is available now, give him a 2 year deal and bring his staff in, will be expensive but worth it. Would love to see the players try and moan to him!

Said exactly the same last night.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4828 on: December 03, 2014, 08:34:37 AM »
Nice spin  ;) Usually we get asked when was the last time we scored from a set piece and criticise thecoaches.  ;)
Spin?! I think you'll find it's an indisputable fact mate, and a frightening one at that. I'm pointing out our weaknesses under Irvine. One of them is whenever the ball is in play...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:14:50 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4829 on: December 03, 2014, 08:42:40 AM »
If by an alarming November you mean defeats to two sides consistently in the top 16 in Europe,  the form team in the Premier league and a victory against our relegation rivals, if he does get sacked I pity the next bloke coming in as the bar of expectation is set pretty high.

I think the abuse AI has received from some of the "fans" has been appalling, & totally disrespectful, & up to last night at 9Oclock, I would probable have agreed with you. In the second half, it was as though he'd "tipped up" a sack of players & left them to it, all methodology & planning went out of the window, that tipped it for me.
I think he has to go, it's unlikely that he'll resign, because he would lose a lot of money, but IMO, JP has to move him on now.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Ste1987

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4830 on: December 03, 2014, 08:45:17 AM »

08:43am. He's still here.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4831 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »
Interesting to see Steve Madeley's support of Irvine seems to have dropped an awful lot on Twitter .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4832 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
i cannot believe hes still in a job.I cannot see us winning another game with him in charge. nobody will stomach this in the championship if we go down so get rid now

i cant stomach it now - really regretting the season ticket! I will go against the villa just in the very very unlikely event we win and i could not bear to miss it. Any other game and i would not go - we simply do not set out to win the game, the selections are all over the place, substitutions laughable and the football is dire. While AI is there im staying in the pub!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4833 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
Embarrasing that he was due to give Samaras a go and changed his mind with the chants. Weak, no mark gaffer. I'm also glad that Varela proved what he can do as well, but never mind he probably still wont be 'ready' for Saturday, Irvine probably push him down the stairs at training today.

I'm sorry but I don't understand the people that 'feel sorry' for him. The guy did what anyone would do, and took a job way out of his depth. He should feel sorry for us fans, paying to watch the garbage he dishes up. Last night from what I can gather displayed any sort of tactical awareness, sat back at 1-0 in a home game when we should have been pushing for a second.

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4834 on: December 03, 2014, 08:53:31 AM »
If he isn't gone by the end of the day we can assume he will be here for the next game.

I'm hopeful something will happen today, however expect I will be left disapointed.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4835 on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
Interesting to see Steve Madeley's support of Irvine seems to have dropped an awful lot on Twitter .

that may be because he doesn't have to tow the party line anymore and risk being cut off by the club.

the new media team are his friends so his own views are starting to come through

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4836 on: December 03, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »
Cant honestly see him being sacked anytime soon, JP still likes him as does TB. If results are the same at the end of December then it could be a different story.
If he does get the boot Downing will get the job, so i wouldnt get too excited.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4837 on: December 03, 2014, 09:09:41 AM »
Cant honestly see him being sacked anytime soon, JP still likes him as does TB. If results are the same at the end of December then it could be a different story.
If he does get the boot Downing will get the job, so i wouldnt get too excited.

Too late then. Downing is a better option
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4838 on: December 03, 2014, 09:10:55 AM »
Last nights summary for me:

We started the better team, got the early goal, then either by instructions or confidence, we sat back far too deep and allowed West Ham to get in the game.

Could sense we were going to concede before half time, although I wasnt expecting to go in at half time losing.

The second half I think everyone in the ground knew what was going to happen, West Ham would sit back and allow us to 'try' break them down.

The main concern for me was Irvines allowance to let the fans pressure him into the subs. I think he thought by bringing Valera and Brown on he has given the fans what they want to get off his back, but all it has done is made him look weak.

Samaras was warming up to be the last substitution before continous Brown Ideye songs, and Rob Kelly saying something in Irvines ear, convinced him to 'give in.'

I watched Irvine quite alot last night and to me he looks a defeated man, constantly looking at his watch, constantly having Kelly/Downing in his ear, constantly hands in pockets looking like the worlds against him.

Varela showed more in 20 minutes than any other 'winger' we have played in that position has done all season, how he doesnt warrant a start is beyond belief.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4839 on: December 03, 2014, 09:11:44 AM »
ironically Verela might keep him in a job
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:14:15 AM by WBAinDEVON »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4840 on: December 03, 2014, 09:16:55 AM »

Too late then. Downing is a better option
He is in the short term , his record over Xmas last year was decent . Personally I'd be pulling him to one side and asking him whether he would include the newer players , if it's a yes then i'd give him a few weeks.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4841 on: December 03, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »
that may be because he doesn't have to tow the party line anymore and risk being cut off by the club.

the new media team are his friends so his own views are starting to come through
Until last night he has been 110% behind Irvine , overly really with nothing to back it up.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:19:46 AM by Dexy »

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4842 on: December 03, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
He is in the short term , his record over Xmas last year was decent . Personally I'd be pulling him to one side and asking him whether he would include the newer players , if it's a yes then i'd give him a few weeks.

am completely bemused by the number of people who think Downing is anything other than part of the problem. Would be bemused by one person - more than one leaves me speechless!

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4843 on: December 03, 2014, 09:23:12 AM »
Surely Saturday is make or break for Irvine - he needs to take some risks start with Varela and Ideye (I am convinced we need to give Saido a rest) - play more aggressively we will forgive almost anything if we look like we want to play open, exciting football. My problem is the drudge we have been playing for nearly three years (Pepe Mel's short tenure apart) is just sucking the life out of the supporters. Goodness knows why Jeremy seems to be attracted to this style. Successful sides recently like Swansea, Southampton etc are trying to do something different. Deep down we have the look of Norwich written all over us.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4844 on: December 03, 2014, 09:23:36 AM »
am completely bemused by the number of people who think Downing is anything other than part of the problem. Would be bemused by one person - more than one leaves me speechless!

This 1 million %

Downing and kiely are a massive part of the problem. We need brand new manager and backroom

johnwilliamso20

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4845 on: December 03, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
The whole point of our setup of keeping the same coaches when a head coach changes is for consistency when things are going well. With that theory then they have to also be part responsible when things are going wrong, especially when it has lasted for 3 head coaches.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4846 on: December 03, 2014, 09:39:05 AM »
How is this guy still in charge. His post match analysis is an insult to all us fans. West Ham ran the first half and then sat back and asked if we could break them down, we couldn't, simple as that.

How Irvine sees that as a dominating second half display is beyond me, over 90 minutes we were second best by a mile and a midfield, missing Noble and Song, ran the game yesterday. It's simply not good enough and the man has to go.

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4847 on: December 03, 2014, 09:39:14 AM »
The whole point of our setup of keeping the same coaches when a head coach changes is for consistency when things are going well. With that theory then they have to also be part responsible when things are going wrong, especially when it has lasted for 3 head coaches.

Agreed.

The next manager will be one of the most important investments JP has ever made in the club. He needs to pick the right bloke, one with a track record of keeping teams in the Prem, and one who he can trust to deliver. And if that bloke wants to call the shots over who he has working with him, and what sort of input into player recruitment he has, then so be it.

You can't stick with the same structure the Club had over the past few years, because it hasn't been working properly since Dan Ashworth left. I'd keep Terry Burton, but we need a shake up on the first team coaching staff. The same mistakes keep being made too many times.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4848 on: December 03, 2014, 09:43:25 AM »
Whens the vote of confidence coming then

Rheneas

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4849 on: December 03, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
Whens the vote of confidence coming then

You're asking too much! That'd mean JP coming out of his ivory tower and addressing the great unwashed.