Author Topic: Alan Irvine  (Read 1766343 times)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Alan Irvine sacked by Albion
« Reply #3700 on: November 10, 2014, 10:00:52 PM »
I wonder how many of our players and coaches understand the cost of attending that rubbish that was dished up sunday at £90 with travel costs from north wales was soul destroying. I expect people who earn 10s of thousands of pounds a week to show a bit of craft. not in an hurry to spend those sums every other week to get such a poor return,loosing I accept but to watch your side show little or no skill to try and win is unacceptable.

Why did you highlight my post & then reply with something not remotely like a response to that post?

We all pay what we pay to watch the Albion, if you don't like the product, don't go, there's no obligation.
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3701 on: November 10, 2014, 10:09:46 PM »
Why did you highlight my post & then reply with something not remotely like a response to that post?

We all pay what we pay to watch the Albion, if you don't like the product, don't go, there's no obligation.

And if you don't like what you see in the pitch, you are free to say so.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3702 on: November 10, 2014, 10:10:14 PM »
Excuse me? my post was meant to be neither smug or condescending, you don't know me, so I would appreciate you having a bit more respect & don't behave like a keyboard warrior.

I was merely trying to point out that a lot of 'experts' on here would fail to see the irony of what you posted, obviously you yourself missed it too.
It is disrespectful to insinuate that both myself and most posters are not smart enough to see your perceived irony. Whether you meant it that way or not that is how it came across.
I am no keyboard warrior, you don't know me either but saw fit to pick out and highlight a section of my post, so I responded.
I think that's fair.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3703 on: November 10, 2014, 10:12:47 PM »
None whatsoever and it shows  ;)

I have no problem with opinions,  just ask for them to be backed up with an ounce of evidence. If people keep trying to create Internet myths with no basis in fact then expect for it to be highlighted.

For example,  in someones opinion, in another forum we apparently have the least attacking side in the league but only 11 sides have scored more goals than us?

In My opinion our midfield lacks creativity and pace, would you disagree?

Irvine tries to set up a side that is difficult to break down, however when at home against the likes of Crystal Palace and Newcastle we should take the game to them from the off.

We only seem to open upon once we go a goal down.

We allow teams to become to comfortable.

It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3704 on: November 10, 2014, 10:15:53 PM »
Hes playing 4 midfielders who cannot go past a player. Not any player in the team apart from Sess has that quality of running at players. Berahino cannot do it ethier hes only good with grass infront of him, but a defender there and he offers nothing!

We have no width or pace or flair in all areas and look at the better teams they have players who can!

Sissoko yesterday was brilliant at driving forward, you look at Downing at West Ham and he drives the team forward by running with the ball!

Not ONE albion player did that yesterday!

Totally agree with your analysis, unfortunately :(

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3705 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
In My opinion our midfield lacks creativity and pace, would you disagree?

Irvine tries to set up a side that is difficult to break down, however when at home against the likes of Crystal Palace and Newcastle we should take the game to them from the off.

We only seem to open upon once we go a goal down.

We allow teams to become to comfortable.
Our current favoured midfield I would be inclined to agree with pace but not creativity. Some of our passing is exquisite and all have put defence splitting passes through this season and the goals for column would suggest we are more creative than some teams. They are not more creative than some players in the league but that is why they are at West Brom and not Chelsea or Man City,  people have to be realistic and accept that.

There was a spell in the Premier League when all clubs seemed set up to attack and it was refreshing but most sides of our stature seem to have gone back to not losing before attacking. Sadly symptomatic of the need to stay in the greed league.

Have you seen Newcastles current form? To expect a result against them is slightly disrespectful.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3706 on: November 10, 2014, 10:36:43 PM »
Our current favoured midfield I would be inclined to agree with pace but not creativity. Some of our passing is exquisite and all have put defence splitting passes through this season and the goals for column would suggest we are more creative than some teams. They are not more creative than some players in the league but that is why they are at West Brom and not Chelsea or Man City,  people have to be realistic and accept that.

There was a spell in the Premier League when all clubs seemed set up to attack and it was refreshing but most sides of our stature seem to have gone back to not losing before attacking. Sadly symptomatic of the need to stay in the greed league.

Have you seen Newcastles current form? To expect a result against them is slightly disrespectful.

I never said I expect a result against anyone, what I said is we should be on the front foot from the off when at home.

We simply allow most teams to much time to settle and seem to try and grind out a result.

Personally I come away from games having not been entertained.

You may not think I am qualified to give an opinion however I am not enjoying the match day experience with Irvine in charge.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3707 on: November 10, 2014, 10:46:05 PM »
I never said I expect a result against anyone, what I said is we should be on the front foot from the off when at home.

We simply allow most teams to much time to settle and seem to try and grind out a result.

You may not think I am qualified to give an opinion however I am not enjoying the match day experience with Irvine in charge.

Strange that Peace harps on at every close season that works will get underway at the stadium to 'improve the match day experience'. Some good fancy flooring and lovely painted walls is are fans are falling asleep in the stands! The biggest way to improve the match day experience is playing a good brand of football and we are far from doing so.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3708 on: November 10, 2014, 10:54:23 PM »

At no point have I said anything about your qualification to give an opinion just pointed out that there is no need for qualification to have an opinion and in some posters it shows (And I wouldn't suggest that you were in that category).

I have said previously that I do not on occasion enjoy the match day experience but do not necessarily put that down to Alan Irvine but the direction that football has been heading for a number of years.

Out of interest, when did you last enjoy the match day experience?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3709 on: November 10, 2014, 11:01:23 PM »
It is disrespectful to insinuate that both myself and most posters are not smart enough to see your perceived irony. Whether you meant it that way or not that is how it came across.
I am no keyboard warrior, you don't know me either but saw fit to pick out and highlight a section of my post, so I responded.
I think that's fair.

Read it again, it was a rhetorical question & please don't put words into my mouth, I used the word 'many' not most & I didn't suggest you are not smart enough so sorry if you chose to be offended by it but it still doesn't give you the right to respond in such an aggressive manner.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3710 on: November 10, 2014, 11:02:21 PM »

because I can.
I agree.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3711 on: November 10, 2014, 11:04:35 PM »
And if you don't like what you see in the pitch, you are free to say so.

Oh dear............ please read previous posts to the ones you respond to & that way you (hopefully) wont take them out of context. 

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3712 on: November 10, 2014, 11:06:42 PM »
At no point have I said anything about your qualification to give an opinion just pointed out that there is no need for qualification to have an opinion and in some posters it shows (And I wouldn't suggest that you were in that category).

I have said previously that I do not on occasion enjoy the match day experience but do not necessarily put that down to Alan Irvine but the direction that football has been heading for a number of years.

Out of interest, when did you last enjoy the match day experience?

I think it was 1982!   :P

The style of football is important to me.

I run an under 16 team and play with two out and out wingers / wing backs, I get more enjoyment out of watching them than I do watching us simply trying to survive every season playing as we do.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3713 on: November 10, 2014, 11:33:35 PM »
Wow You boys are hormonal tonight  :D is it that time of the month again ?, seriously though while we play this style of football our fanbase will always be split in favour and against, Its dull but I'm hoping he's learnt alot from yesterday.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3714 on: November 11, 2014, 01:16:22 AM »
Oh dear............ please read previous posts to the ones you respond to & that way you (hopefully) wont take them out of context.

My comment was a protest against how you always argue against people who dare criticize the team, rather than argue against the argument put forward. You never involve yourself in discussions. All you do is snipe at people daring to voice an opinion. You never argue against the arguments, you argue, indirectly, that others are inherently wrong to put forward their opinion in the first place (presumably because you don't agree with it). I never see you make a counter argument so people can compare your reasoning to the argument put forward, I see you insinuating and undermining in general rather than being clear and specific. If you disagree, say so and explain why. That would be much more interesting. Then we could have an interesting discussion and learn how the other person sees things and why.

Now all I get from you is that you don't seem to like these discussions, but I don't know why really. You have said in the past that you have some football background and you don't like to discuss these things, which is fine. But then please don't insinuate without putting forward a clear context for your thinking, because as Seteefeet said, it just makes you come across as smug and condescending. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:20:24 AM by GrGr »

AlbionDaz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3715 on: November 11, 2014, 01:22:10 AM »
Only yesterday Bob,what about last week,by now he should be realising that we aint very good at stopping teams breaking us down,we have conceded at least 2 goals in quite a few games now.
Sitting back is creating more problems and stopping the players getting some confidence from playing more positive football in my opinion.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3716 on: November 11, 2014, 01:53:33 AM »
My comment was a protest against how you always argue against people who dare criticize the team, rather than argue against the argument put forward. You never involve yourself in discussions. All you do is snipe at people daring to voice an opinion. You never argue against the arguments, you argue, indirectly, that others are inherently wrong to put forward their opinion in the first place (presumably because you don't agree with it). I never see you make a counter argument so people can compare your reasoning to the argument put forward, I see you insinuating and undermining in general rather than being clear and specific. If you disagree, say so and explain why. That would be much more interesting. Then we could have an interesting discussion and learn how the other person sees things and why.

Now all I get from you is that you don't seem to like these discussions, but I don't know why really. You have said in the past that you have some football background and you don't like to discuss these things, which is fine. But then please don't insinuate without putting forward a clear context for your thinking, because as Seteefeet said, it just makes you come across as smug and condescending.

Thanks for your instructions on how I should post, I've made a mental note of it (sorry if that came across as condescending) for the record, I tend to get involved in debate with members who I feel have a similar appreciation of all things West Bromwich Albion but more importantly football in general.

I don't read your post's as I feel a lot of the time they are just full of sound bites & jargon I don't comprehend as a football fan, please don't feel the need to reply, oh & you'll probably find that seteefeet is big enough to stick up for himself.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3717 on: November 11, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »
Thanks for your instructions on how I should post, I've made a mental note of it (sorry if that came across as condescending) for the record, I tend to get involved in debate with members who I feel have a similar appreciation of all things West Bromwich Albion but more importantly football in general.

I don't read your post's as I feel a lot of the time they are just full of sound bites & jargon I don't comprehend as a football fan, please don't feel the need to reply, oh & you'll probably find that seteefeet is big enough to stick up for himself.

Well there you go again.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3718 on: November 11, 2014, 07:37:36 AM »
The most amazing thing to me is that Irvine was a winger, yet he sets his teams up to play narrow with no natural width.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3719 on: November 11, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »
The most amazing thing to me is that Irvine was a winger, yet he sets his teams up to play narrow with no natural width.

i suppose similar could be said about Tony Mowbray.
I dearly hope we see some football in the coming weeks, if it dont improve i might just stick to away games because home games is like watching paint dry
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3720 on: November 11, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »

i suppose similar could be said about Tony Mowbray.
I dearly hope we see some football in the coming weeks, if it dont improve i might just stick to away games because home games is like watching paint dry
Know quite a few that do that now and can't blame them even before Irvine came, Cracking dayout vocal support and seeing a different part of the country I don't blame them at all, I still enjoy home games however if we saw a pattern of Sunday's performances I might rethink.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3721 on: November 11, 2014, 10:42:27 AM »
the most amazing thing to me is that Irvine is our manager!!! :( :( >:( >:( :(
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3722 on: November 11, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »

Tony Mowbray was a centre half yet his teams could't defend for toffee
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3723 on: November 11, 2014, 12:30:38 PM »
Mowbray always admitted though that he was a frustrated forward and that was the reason for his playing style.
Irvine keeps talking about a need for width, but does not back it up. Maybe Varela will be our saviour.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3724 on: November 11, 2014, 03:05:31 PM »

Same as Denis Smith
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill