Author Topic: Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace  (Read 202337 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Nathan Ferguson Joins Crystal Palace
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:10:54 PM »
Deserves his own thread after todays game, excellent debut performance

Anyone remember this  :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157730308676100096
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:22:47 AM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan

• WBA Coach

Re: Nathan Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 10:12:39 PM »
Might be the next contract issue we have, I believe his current deal expires in 2020 (I think Edwards as well). No doubt the performance today would have turned a few heads.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »
Deserves his own thread after todays game, excellent debut performance

Anyone remember this  :D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1157730308676100096
Look forward to his first goal celebration then :) Impressive debut.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 10:14:27 PM »
Superb today, amazing transition to full back in a very short period of time. Furlong must be very unhappy after moving for more minutes, he won't get a look in if Nathan continues in that vain.

Thoroughly deserved his MOTM award.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »
Had to scroll down disappointingly far to find his thread.

Thought he was superb today against a hostile Luton crowd getting on his back.  The Luton players also seemed to target him.  Easy to forget he's only 18. 

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 10:12:24 AM »

Thought he was superb today against a hostile Luton crowd getting on his back.  The Luton players also seemed to target him.  Easy to forget he's only 18.
I thought he was poor in the league game against Millwall and furlong looked decent in the cup game. Glad Slaven Bilic gave him another chance here rather than bombing him at the first sign of an off day. Will do the kid wonders to know the manager has that faith in him.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 10:18:13 AM »

Any one know if there was a particular reason for this?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »
I think there was clash with Mcmanaman that went against them and from that point they turned on him.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2019, 10:50:54 AM »
Yeah, there was nothing nasty as such.  Just a case where he got a couple of decisions in his favour that the crowd disagreed with.  Then suddenly they're screaming for a foul any time he was involved in a challenge.  He handled it perfectly though.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2019, 12:23:46 PM »

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/08/18/luton-1-west-brom-2-player-ratings/

Callum McManaman tried to ruffle his feathers, and ended up fouling him three times, which caused the home fans to earmark him as the boo-boy. Considering he’s 18, he could have wilted under pressure, but he stood his ground and McManaman was eventually subbed off.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »
Yeah, there was nothing nasty as such.  Just a case where he got a couple of decisions in his favour that the crowd disagreed with.  Then suddenly they're screaming for a foul any time he was involved in a challenge.  He handled it perfectly though.
Something that irritates me with football fans, also our own. I don't boo opposition players unless they've gone in very crude on one of our players or obviously been cheating.
Neither of which Ferguson was guilty of. He showed alot of character. 

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 02:00:25 PM »
After the Forest game Bilic said he was very mature for his age, more like a 25 year old. Bilic also said our other youngsters weren't as mature as him.

Anyway, the Luton fans had it in for him, he did nothing wrong and played well.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »
This lad is the real deal. Needs to be managed carefully , and fortunately for a change , we have just the man for the job.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »
Something that irritates me with football fans, also our own. I don't boo opposition players unless they've gone in very crude on one of our players or obviously been cheating.
Neither of which Ferguson was guilty of. He showed alot of character.

What irritates me with fans is when they scream the worst abuse at a player throughout a game then as soon as that player holds his hand to his ear or something after scoring they're completely offended.  I mean, come on.  If you dish out abuse surely you should take a bit back.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 12:57:14 PM »
What irritates me with fans is when they scream the worst abuse at a player throughout a game then as soon as that player holds his hand to his ear or something after scoring they're completely offended.  I mean, come on.  If you dish out abuse surely you should take a bit back.

All part of soccer man !!
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2019, 05:14:10 PM »
Calling it soccer also irritates me. :)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2019, 06:35:36 PM »
Calling it soccer also irritates me. :)

Agree, but if you type nonspecific things about football in Google Search you end up with info about the Dallas Cowboys  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2019, 04:25:41 PM »
Excellent performance again even at left back and played against Knockaert.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 06:49:47 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 04:37:37 PM »
Breath of fresh air.  So calm for a young lad especially played out of position. Plays with a smile on his face and can actually defend whereas most modern full backs are more like wingers.

Important to get him and Edwards on new long term deals.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »
Defensively outstanding. Even at Left back he did a fantastic job. It's great having two really competent right backs, after some of the dross in that position that we've had over the last few years.

He also seems a really positive, switched on guy, so keep it up, Nathan.

My concern is that - and I might be wrong here - but is he out of contract at the end of the season?

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2019, 07:27:42 PM »
Handled the dangerous Knockaert with ease today, he had to switch sides to get any influence. Seems a very positive guy with a bright future, get hin tied down asap.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2019, 07:53:18 PM »
Handled the dangerous Knockaert with ease today, he had to switch sides to get any influence. Seems a very positive guy with a bright future, get hin tied down asap.

Bang on- need a new long term deal
O Albion we love you

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 10:35:45 AM »
Quest reckon he should've conceded a penalty yesterday. I don't agree with them for what it's worth.

I like Ferguson, defensively he is very sound but he's very basic on the ball and won't give you anything going forward which for a modern day full back is a bit of  a drawback depending on how you play as a team. For this reason I prefer Furlong in most cases.

I can see him converting to a holding midfielder long term.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2019, 11:44:51 AM »
Quest reckon he should've conceded a penalty yesterday. I don't agree with them for what it's worth.

I like Ferguson, defensively he is very sound but he's very basic on the ball and won't give you anything going forward which for a modern day full back is a bit of  a drawback depending on how you play as a team. For this reason I prefer Furlong in most cases.

I'm staggered you think him as limited. He showed how adept he can be on the ball during yesterday's  game, including a couple of composed dribbles.
The kid, and that is what he is, has spent the last five years playing as a centre half. Give him a break!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2019, 11:56:28 AM »

He often goes forward and made some great run when he plays at right back in the first few games.
The PRIDE of midlands