Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)  (Read 177285 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Filip Krovinovic (back at Benfica)
« Reply #725 on: September 25, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
Krov is technically very good and improved no end as the season went on. Lets not forget he was playing in a new country having come back from injury. I think he'll be well suited to the Prem. He also seems very popular around the team and most importantly it may well keep Pereira happy too.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #726 on: September 25, 2020, 11:13:43 AM »
Krov is technically very good and improved no end as the season went on. Lets not forget he was playing in a new country having come back from injury. I think he'll be well suited to the Prem. He also seems very popular around the team and most importantly it may well keep Pereira happy too.

I keep seeing this injury mentioned. He did it in January 18. He was back involved in Benfica squads by early Nov 18. Yes it’s a bad one and yes it a long time out, but it’s another 9 months on he signs for us. Im not sure how much the injury would still have been affecting him. 

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #727 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »
I keep seeing this injury mentioned. He did it in January 18. He was back involved in Benfica squads by early Nov 18. Yes it’s a bad one and yes it a long time out, but it’s another 9 months on he signs for us. Im not sure how much the injury would still have been affecting him.

And if it is we shouldn't have been using a loan deal up on a player struggling to get back into the game.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #728 on: September 25, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
And if it is we shouldn't have been using a loan deal up on a player struggling to get back into the game.

Last year, not this one
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #729 on: September 25, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

When Krov first played for us, I wasn’t that impressed BUT as time and games went by, his performances improved and improved to the extent that I believe he will be a good Premier quality for us.

Welcome back Felip!

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #730 on: September 25, 2020, 08:28:32 PM »
The forum has moved on....once it was just full of experts on which players we should / shouldn’t get....now we have been invaded by some investment bankers that have a huge knowledge on the structuring of large financial transactions in the sporting world...I’m looking forward to next year already where each potential purchase has they’re daily calorie intake scrutinised by “Bob from Bilston” 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: September 25, 2020, 09:46:13 PM »
The forum has moved on....once it was just full of experts on which players we should / shouldn’t get....now we have been invaded by some investment bankers that have a huge knowledge on the structuring of large financial transactions in the sporting world...I’m looking forward to next year already where each potential purchase has they’re daily calorie intake scrutinised by “Bob from Bilston” 😀

Think you are being unfair, there are a number of forum members who have a good understanding of accounting processes, and some who are professional traders.

Of those, there are some who also have an understanding of the political implication of our ownership.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #732 on: September 25, 2020, 09:58:56 PM »

Think you are being unfair, there are a number of forum members who have a good understanding of accounting processes, and some who are professional traders.

Of those, there are some who also have an understanding of the political implication of our ownership.
Oh I totally get there are some that know finance, but not the ones that just pop up with their own views on how to spend somebody else’s money, when and in what instalments
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #733 on: September 26, 2020, 02:39:06 AM »
Am I bothered about him coming back? No but the head coach wants him and thats enough for me. Slav clearly thinks he is good enough for this league with how desperate he is to bring him in.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #734 on: September 26, 2020, 08:16:30 AM »

Presumably, speaking the same native language (Serbo-Croation) helps and one of  the attractions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_57jlqnXXc

🤣

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #735 on: September 26, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »
I find the debate around Krovinovic amusing. And let me say at the outset I'm not sure about the right answer although I like the player and I think he is going to be at least okay in the Premier League.

First of all I have no idea why Bilic has invested so much political and emotional capital in getting Krovinovic back to the club. As has been pointed out Bilic didn't play him every week in the Championship. The addition of Gallagher makes it less clear as to where the player fits into the line up but then again moving to a back 3 has thrown a lot of the tactical assumptions into the air.

Then there is the debate about loan or loan with the option to buy or obligation to buy. Which option you feel comfortable with rather depends on how you feel about the player. There is a the fear of missing out compared to the fear of being saddled with an expensive misfit.

On balance I don't know and as such probably edging toward committing as little as possible to get him through the door.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #736 on: September 26, 2020, 10:23:03 AM »
And still we wait.

Surely there cannot be another club like Albion for dragging on potential signings. The re-signing of Krovinovic has been "getting closer" reportedly for about three weeks.

Personally I'd rather we signed him outright or if that's not possible, with an obligation to buy.

I'm not really keen on loans it means you have to spend just to stand still next summer, as we have demonstrated through this particular window.

We have one loan in Gallagher, I can live with that. The only other loan that would rest well is a do a job striker. By next summer though Zohore, Austin and Kanu ALL need to have been moved on.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #737 on: September 26, 2020, 10:39:19 AM »
First half of the season he flattered to deceive. Second have he was getting into the swing in a midfield three but the dropped back out. The West Ham and Newcastle games, together with his increase in confidence post injury and happiness to return makes at worth a shot. He will undoubtedly add depth to our midfield and gives us some flexibility. He can help us retain the ball at the end of games if we need to hang on to a result too.

His return will seemingly be a big boost for everyone, and post Chelsea, going into a run of important games where the season arguably starts for us could prove invaluable.

We know him and I reckon he can only get better so it’s a calculated gamble.

A lot also depends on what Gallagher is here to do and how he will cope in the premier league. I hope he will be outstanding but arguably he is a bigger gamble than Krov, but at least both players, together with the return of Field, give us some more tenacity and technical ability in our midfield to help Sawyers do his stuff and start running the game.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #738 on: September 26, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »
If you’d asked me for 10 words to describe Krovinovic, Field and Gallagher, tenacity wouldn’t have been one of them.

In fact a tenacious, dogged midfield is something we still lack in my opinion. 

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #739 on: September 26, 2020, 11:33:47 AM »
Tenacity can be learnt by those willing to learn.  Skill on teh ball is a different proposition.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #740 on: September 26, 2020, 08:12:27 PM »
Tenacity can be learnt by those willing to learn.  Skill on teh ball is a different proposition.
If he had been available to Bilic , then Phillips does not get on the pitch, waste of space.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #741 on: September 27, 2020, 06:25:29 PM »
Deal should be done by the end of today according to Slav

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1048457988?-11200:789:most_read_top

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #742 on: September 27, 2020, 09:51:08 PM »
Tick tock

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #743 on: September 27, 2020, 10:04:25 PM »
Tick tock
when was the last time a player was announced on a Sunday?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #744 on: September 28, 2020, 01:14:36 AM »

Jesus ???  Or was it Aguero??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #745 on: September 28, 2020, 06:58:28 AM »

Doesn't say it would be announced on Sunday, just that it should be completed!

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/09/27/bilic-confirms-new-west-brom-signing-should-be-done-by-end-of-play-sunday/
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #746 on: September 28, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
Masi just retweeted something that said "Filip Krovinovic is due to complete his loan return to West Brom from Benfica today."

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #747 on: September 28, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
Keeps Bilic happy and gives him options. With Gallagher here, i'm not really sure where he fits in, but we will see. I just hope he doesn't block Gallagher too much.
Boing Boing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #748 on: September 28, 2020, 09:41:51 AM »
Keeps Bilic happy and gives him options. With Gallagher here, i'm not really sure where he fits in, but we will see. I just hope he doesn't block Gallagher too much.
Agreed or take up too much of the wage bill.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #749 on: September 28, 2020, 09:48:07 AM »

Think Krovinovoc comes in as an option in a 433 either central or wide. If he does play wide he will need to be more direct for sure.