Author Topic: 9 Jan 2021 Blackpool 2 Albion 2 (FA Cup 3 - Blackpool win on pens)  (Read 75573 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #750 on: January 10, 2021, 11:32:08 PM »
I agree excoseleykid. In the interviews after the game he said he'd seen enough the squad now and wants as many out as possible to get funds in for new players.

I won't miss 90% of these so called professionals.

Try 100%. I added "so called"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #751 on: January 10, 2021, 11:42:22 PM »

Try 100%. I added "so called"

Wouldn't disagree with either of what you changed to be fair.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #752 on: January 11, 2021, 10:35:50 AM »
I think the team need a boost so I have decided to give them all an A.

Button - Acceptable
Gibbs - Abysmal
Furlong - Awful
Ivanovic - Aged
Peltier - Abominable
OShea - Average
Bartley - Ailing
Kipre - Amateurish
Livermore - Abject
Sawyers - Apathetic
Edwards - Anonymous
Krovinovic - Abhorrent
Gallagher - Awkward
Grosicki - Acceptable
Pereira - Alone

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #753 on: January 11, 2021, 11:48:05 AM »

Button - Acceptable
Gibbs - Abysmal
Furlong - Awful
Ivanovic - Aged
Peltier - Abominable
OShea - Average
Bartley - Ailing
Kipre - Amateurish
Livermore - Abject
Sawyers - Apathetic
Edwards - Anonymous
Krovinovic - Abhorrent
Gallagher - Awkward
Grosicki - Acceptable
Pereira - Alone

Nice one mate
The whole team on Saturday *********
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 01:24:42 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #754 on: January 11, 2021, 11:58:23 AM »
Some good points raised and talked about on Goldberg’s podcast
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #755 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:56 AM »

Button - Acceptable
Gibbs - Abysmal
Furlong - Awful
Ivanovic - Aged
Peltier - Abominable
OShea - Average
Bartley - Ailing
Kipre - Amateurish
Livermore - Abject
Sawyers - Apathetic
Edwards - Anonymous
Krovinovic - Abhorrent
Gallagher - Awkward
Grosicki - Acceptable
Pereira - Alone

You have missed out 1 A...Ajayi
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #756 on: January 11, 2021, 12:05:54 PM »
Two for the manager ..addled and adrift

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #757 on: January 11, 2021, 12:10:48 PM »
You have missed out 1 A...Ajayi
Ajayi - Appalling

Cheers Hull, would hate for him to read this and feel left out  :)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #758 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:57 PM »
So that's 3 who have Edwards as anonymous  ::), yet he featured in 2 of our best moments which were shown on MOTD brief highlights (I did see the whole game also).

He produced the cutback for Krovinovic to blaze over in extra time. He worked space for a shot and produced a good save from their keeper with a low cross shot. He played Grosicki in with a little pass which led to another chance.

You don't necessarily have to score a Harvey Barnes special starting from the half way line to be making a contribution...maybe we don't appreciate simple things being done well sometimes, especially from one of our own products.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2021, 01:24:51 PM »
So that's 3 who have Edwards as anonymous  ::), yet he featured in 2 of our best moments which were shown on MOTD brief highlights (I did see the whole game also).

He produced the cutback for Krovinovic to blaze over in extra time. He worked space for a shot and produced a good save from their keeper with a low cross shot. He played Grosicki in with a little pass which led to another chance.

You don't necessarily have to score a Harvey Barnes special starting from the half way line to be making a contribution...maybe we don't appreciate simple things being done well sometimes, especially from one of our own products.

He was quiet when he came on initially, but you're right, he produced those three moments which are encouraging.

I was surprised him and Grosicki didn't look to swap flanks, given Edwards prefers to cut inside onto his right foot. There were a couple of times when Edwards could have headed to the byline but checked back, only to not trust his left foot, and so the move stalled.

He/him

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »

So he starts Saturday for you then?
We were playing against a League 1 side and should have been going for the jugular and he just didn't have enough of an impact. He was on the pitch for an hour and he produced 3 moments of note, that's pretty anonymous for me.
Was he the worst? Absolutely not, but he had very little impact in a game where he had a chance to shine and be a hero. He fell flat as did all the subs.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2021, 03:34:13 PM »
So he starts Saturday for you then?
We were playing against a League 1 side and should have been going for the jugular and he just didn't have enough of an impact. He was on the pitch for an hour and he produced 3 moments of note, that's pretty anonymous for me.
Was he the worst? Absolutely not, but he had very little impact in a game where he had a chance to shine and be a hero. He fell flat as did all the subs.
I didn't say that did I ? I also haven't said he was outstanding but he wasn't anonymous. He showed awareness of players in space around him which may sound basic but it's not. League 1 opposition is pretty irrelevant, he came into our misfunctioning unit with no strikers to hit with any crosses.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2021, 03:49:25 PM »
I didn't say that did I ? I also haven't said he was outstanding but he wasn't anonymous. He showed awareness of players in space around him which may sound basic but it's not. League 1 opposition is pretty irrelevant, he came into our misfunctioning unit with no strikers to hit with any crosses.
I didn't say you did, did !?  :D
I didn't mean it as a dig either, it was a genuine question. Did he do enough to be in contention? Certainly wasn't as bad as most of them but would you fancy him against the Dingles?
If you look at my other ratings, anonymous was one of the least damning assessments but, "Did 3 things well but was largely ineffective" doesn't begin with A. ;)

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2021, 04:22:52 PM »
There's been a lot of slating of the players for last Saturday's defeat.  I don't see how it can be said that all them them were lazy and lacked commitment.  True, there were glaring examples of poor or non-existent tackling (Sawyers) and lack of movement (Ivanovitch).

Some of the players were tiring after 70 minutes and that could be due to lack of fitness due to Covid occurrences.  But I get the impression that those putting a blanket of condemnation over the team are trying to exonerate Allardyce's tactics of any fault.

If BS's plan was to run the rule of the forces available why didn't he give Harper and/or Field a run-out?  He's had a few games, I look forward to something better on the 16th.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2021, 04:43:13 PM »
I didn't say you did, did !?  :D
I didn't mean it as a dig either, it was a genuine question. Did he do enough to be in contention? Certainly wasn't as bad as most of them but would you fancy him against the Dingles?
If you look at my other ratings, anonymous was one of the least damning assessments but, "Did 3 things well but was largely ineffective" doesn't begin with A. ;)
I see so anonymous is relatively good on your scale  :) He has some attributes like being able to find space to get shots off in tight situations. Ajayi also said he was the quickest member of the squad which may have been pre Grosicki, though he may still be quicker than Grosicki I don't know. I wouldn't worry about him against the Dingles, he has as good a chance of causing them problems as any of our other wide players.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2021, 04:45:41 PM »
He was quiet when he came on initially, but you're right, he produced those three moments which are encouraging.

I was surprised him and Grosicki didn't look to swap flanks, given Edwards prefers to cut inside onto his right foot. There were a couple of times when Edwards could have headed to the byline but checked back, only to not trust his left foot, and so the move stalled.
He may have realised there were no strikers in the box. Glad you noticed those moments anyway  :)