Author Topic: Under 23's / Academy Thread  (Read 649606 times)

Blandy

• Baby Baggie

Re: Under 23's / Academy Thread
« Reply #2875 on: June 22, 2022, 11:47:28 PM »

Sorry to hear your lad is leaving Blandy. Can i ask who it is or should i keep my nose out  ;D

Haha. No problem mate, you won’t have heard of him but his name’s Jonathan (or Jono) Bland. He wasn’t offered a scholarship at Albion, had a few offers and has decided to sign for Barnsley.

He’ll obviously still be in touch with most of the lads in the 18s & I’m still in touch with the Dads so if I hear anything juicy I’ll keep you posted  ;)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2876 on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:55 AM »
Haha. No problem mate, you won’t have heard of him but his name’s Jonathan (or Jono) Bland. He wasn’t offered a scholarship at Albion, had a few offers and has decided to sign for Barnsley.

He’ll obviously still be in touch with most of the lads in the 18s & I’m still in touch with the Dads so if I hear anything juicy I’ll keep you posted  ;)

Thanks for that mate. Again, sorry to hear he is leaving but glad he's got fixed up with Barnsley. Hopefully he fulfils his dream of going pro!

Does he get his footy skills off you or best not answered 😂

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2877 on: June 24, 2022, 10:39:05 PM »

Thanks for the insight. I’ve reffed Jono in Albion academy games over the last few years and I’m not just saying this as a token gesture but I thought he was one of the standout players in that age group alongside the players you mentioned in a previous post.

Anyway, good luck to him at Barnsley, hope it goes well for him, I’m sure he’ll know who I am.

Blandy

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2878 on: June 29, 2022, 10:44:35 AM »
Thanks for the insight. I’ve reffed Jono in Albion academy games over the last few years and I’m not just saying this as a token gesture but I thought he was one of the standout players in that age group alongside the players you mentioned in a previous post.

Anyway, good luck to him at Barnsley, hope it goes well for him, I’m sure he’ll know who I am.

That's nice of you to say so, thank you. Especially seeing as I'm pretty sure, Jono being Jono, you will have had some "forthright discussions" with him during the course of his Albion career  ;D

I'll pass that on to him, thank you.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2879 on: June 29, 2022, 11:37:07 PM »
That's nice of you to say so, thank you. Especially seeing as I'm pretty sure, Jono being Jono, you will have had some "forthright discussions" with him during the course of his Albion career  ;D

I'll pass that on to him, thank you.

No, in all honesty, I don’t think I ever had any major disagreements with him.

I do remember one time though against Bristol City on the main pitch where he wiped someone out. I said to him “you know as well as I do if this game wasn’t on the main pitch I’d have yellow carded you for that all day” and he was like “yeah fair enough” 👏

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2880 on: June 30, 2022, 11:14:21 PM »
I notice that Finley Thorndike has signed for Blues, always seemed promising for our younger squads.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2881 on: July 01, 2022, 08:42:56 AM »
I notice that Finley Thorndike has signed for Blues, always seemed promising for our younger squads.
Hadn't he just been at Villa as well? Done the ha-trick of clubs in less than 12 months. Good luck to him

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2882 on: July 01, 2022, 11:41:19 AM »
Ted Cann, Josh Hall and Reece Shaw have all signed new deals. Cann for another year, and the other two for 2 years. All good, but the club really need to decide who their best 3 goalkeepers are in the near future.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2883 on: July 01, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
Curious to see Reyes Cleary hasn't signed up anywhere yet and there doesn't seem to be any news linking  him elsewhere. You'd have thought he'd have had his next club done by the return of pre-season training.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2885 on: July 01, 2022, 03:14:16 PM »
New signing for the U23's.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2022/07/01/west-brom-seal-signing-of-former-southampton-youngster-ramello-mitchell/

Southampton paid £500k for him him when he was 15/16, they bought him from Birmingham in 2019 I think it was.
Gera, Gera, Gera

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2886 on: July 02, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »
The real star of the England U19 cup final victory yesterday was Tim Iroegbunam.  He came in and settled the midfield which immediately allowed Chukwuemeka and even Quansah to move forward.  He spread the ball well.

Pity we haven't got someone like that in our academy ::).  Wonder if we could loan him for a season.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2887 on: July 02, 2022, 09:51:31 AM »
Ted Cann, Josh Hall and Reece Shaw have all signed new deals. Cann for another year, and the other two for 2 years. All good, but the club really need to decide who their best 3 goalkeepers are in the near future.
Believe i read Shaw was being hunted by big clubs and was almost certain to go.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2888 on: July 02, 2022, 10:05:15 AM »

In further good news so have Josh Shaw and Reece Hall.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2889 on: July 02, 2022, 05:48:41 PM »
In further good news so have Josh Shaw and Reece Hall.
Haha, yes, that's even better news  ;D

BournvilleBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2890 on: July 02, 2022, 10:33:44 PM »
Fair play to the club tying down Shaw and Hall. I thought shaw was a going to. Albion have some decent youngsters at the moment.
They need a break somewhere.
Interesting what will happen to Richards and Tulloch.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2891 on: July 06, 2022, 04:18:18 PM »
Albion have confirmed that Zac Ashworth and Caleb Taylor have signed new deals running to the summer of 2025. Great news ✍️ #wba

I suspect they will be going out on season long lones as a result
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2892 on: July 06, 2022, 04:43:36 PM »
Excellent news. Both players could have a huge future

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2893 on: July 06, 2022, 04:58:24 PM »
Excellent news. Tie down the better ones and let the dross go. Nice to see some decision making finally happening with the young uns.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2894 on: July 06, 2022, 05:24:16 PM »
More good news on the youngsters. Need to get O'Shea sorted asap now

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2895 on: July 06, 2022, 06:05:21 PM »
Albion have confirmed that Zac Ashworth and Caleb Taylor have signed new deals running to the summer of 2025. Great news ✍️ #wba

I suspect they will be going out on season long lones as a result

I think Taylor will but I can see Ashworth staying and challenging for the LB spot.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2896 on: July 09, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »
Cleary played for u23’s today and scored  :-\

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2897 on: July 09, 2022, 06:39:45 PM »
Cleary played for u23’s today and scored  :-\

He did say it was time to get back on the goal trail on his Instagram a few days ago and then today he said "game time" or similar. Weird situation if we are letting him play for us to keep fit

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2898 on: July 09, 2022, 06:48:50 PM »
He did say it was time to get back on the goal trail on his Instagram a few days ago and then today he said "game time" or similar. Weird situation if we are letting him play for us to keep fit

Must have signed a contract. We didn’t let him play for u23’s at end of last season so can’t see why we would now.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2899 on: July 09, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
Must have signed a contract. We didn’t let him play for u23’s at end of last season so can’t see why we would now.

Was today a friendly?

EDIT - I posted this in ex-players thread

"Looks like Cleary has got himself somewhere now, on Insta he's just put "cant wait to get back to that scoring feeling ;)  "

Interesting to see where he ends up and if anyones daft enough to pay 20k"
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 07:15:39 PM by gazberg »