Author Topic: Time wasting  (Read 1891 times)

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

Time wasting
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:06:43 AM »
For the last two matches I have had to watch the opposing keeper dawdle to the corner flag and back to fetch the ball .Time is important in home matches which usually favour the home team.
Why haven't we got ball boys?
It is not likely to be due to Covid because there were two ball boys in front of the East stand.
the above has occurred many times and is not good for the team or the home fans so I hope it is soon sorted.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Time wasting
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 07:59:21 AM »
And then the keeper decides to take the goal kick from the opposite side from where the ball went out,
Also I noticed our defenders trying to win pointless headers where if they leave it the ball goes out for our throw, instead 9 times out of 10 we head it out for a throw to them and takes around 45 seconds for the opposition to take it, we seem very thick in this regard

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »
Something we will have to deal with. We had enough time to over the ninety plus minutes to despatch such limited sides as Millwall and Derby but failed to show the quality and, at times, match their desire.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 08:46:59 AM »
Tactical ? to give players breathers from the intensity ??  Makes no sense to me either frankly.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 08:52:34 AM »
The cheek of us to moan about time wasting when literally every throw in we have takes nigh on 30 seconds.

There is no issue at all with an opposing goalkeeper killing time out the game. Fair play.

Perhaps if we didn’t waste so much time ourselves we’d have more time to grab a goal.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 09:00:04 AM »
The cheek of us to moan about time wasting when literally every throw in we have takes nigh on 30 seconds.

There is no issue at all with an opposing goalkeeper killing time out the game. Fair play.

Perhaps if we didn’t waste so much time ourselves we’d have more time to grab a goal.

Completely agree, it would also help if our own goalkeeper could keep the ball within the confines of the pitch markings. Where our players are preferably.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 09:05:07 AM »

Really finding all this time wasting with towelling the ball very tedious especially now all teams see pretty wise to it. That really is time wasting !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 12:31:33 PM »

The opposition throw ins are our own fault, how many times ajayi just hacks it out of play is ridiculous and stupid, if you want to play at high tempo and intensity you have to keep the ball in play and pen them back, not give pointless throws midway in our own half that kills all of that and the flow of the game, would be interesting to know how long the ball was in play yesterday throughout the 90 mins

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 01:20:50 PM »
The opposition throw ins are our own fault, how many times ajayi just hacks it out of play is ridiculous and stupid, if you want to play at high tempo and intensity you have to keep the ball in play and pen them back, not give pointless throws midway in our own half that kills all of that and the flow of the game, would be interesting to know how long the ball was in play yesterday throughout the 90 mins
You make a good point, but said Ajayi almost conceded 3 goals v Millwall due to faffing around with poorly weighted passes near our goal.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:48:09 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 02:07:13 PM »

Beat me to it
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 03:06:57 PM »
I hate time wasting, but as Liam pointed out, we can’t complain.

It’s a major change but doesn’t strictly change the game… I’d be happy to see the game go to a clock that stopped when the ball was out of play. Find out the Normal ball in play time and whether that’s 60mins, 65mins or whatever, play to that. Technically the game length shouldn’t change if injury time is accurate (we all know it’s not).

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 03:54:33 PM »
I hate time wasting, but as Liam pointed out, we can’t complain.

It’s a major change but doesn’t strictly change the game… I’d be happy to see the game go to a clock that stopped when the ball was out of play. Find out the Normal ball in play time and whether that’s 60mins, 65mins or whatever, play to that. Technically the game length shouldn’t change if injury time is accurate (we all know it’s not).

Blimey Tony Pulis would still be in 1974 !! 

maybe you have hit on something here  :D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 05:04:05 PM »
Frustrating when it happens to us.... but I applauded royally when Ben Foster used to wind up away supporters by moving the ball from one side of the box to the other to waste a few session... the way he used to knock imaginary mud of his shoes before kicking the ball etc....all part of the game.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
We did the same for years in the Prem…

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 12:51:08 PM »
We did the same for years in the Prem…