Author Topic: Quevin Moises Castro  (Read 27681 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Quevin Moises Castro
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2021, 05:47:39 PM »
I don't think we had a choice. He refused to sign our offer.

So we did make him an offer then? I thought or assumed wrongly we made no offer.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2021, 05:54:04 PM »
Where is that from or just negativity?

Not negativity. I know a few things about the academy.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2021, 05:55:01 PM »
So we did make him an offer then? I thought or assumed wrongly we made no offer.

I am sure we made offers last Christmas. I think Masi reported it. They were making progress and it all went very quiet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 09:33:33 PM by cads_ap_albion »
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2021, 05:55:21 PM »
I am sure we made offers last Christmas. I think Madi reported it. They were making progress and it all went very quiet.

Ahh yes, rings a bell. Thanks mate.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2021, 05:56:51 PM »
Some of our fan base will be ecstatic with this signing  :D ;)

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 12:30:25 AM »
As long as he doesn't fidel about at the back.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2021, 11:55:14 AM »
As long as he doesn't fidel about at the back.

Ouch!

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2021, 12:04:42 PM »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2021, 12:21:05 PM »
Noticed Matheus liked it on Twitter. Good luck to the lad, not expecting much though could be like another Diaby signing -
Maybe it might make MP more settled at the Hawthorns.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2021, 12:40:48 PM »
Maybe it might make MP more settled at the Hawthorns.

There is nothing to suggest he's unsettled. To the best of my knowledge all Pereira's supposed behavioural issues at previous clubs have been due to lack of playing time. Something that is not an issue here. I'm not at all convinced he's actively looking for a move.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2021, 01:18:54 PM »
Exactly my feelings Jack

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2021, 01:50:44 PM »
There is nothing to suggest he's unsettled. To the best of my knowledge all Pereira's supposed behavioural issues at previous clubs have been due to lack of playing time. Something that is not an issue here. I'm not at all convinced he's actively looking for a move.
I really hope that you are right mate. Does not mean that the club does not want to sell him though. I would be gutted if we sold him when he was happy to stay.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2021, 02:01:51 PM »
I really hope that you are right mate. Does not mean that the club does not want to sell him though. I would be gutted if we sold him when he was happy to stay.
If the club were willing to cash in January they are almost certainly going to want to cash in now.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2021, 07:43:38 PM »
Welcome to the Good Ship Albion Quevin.

I wish you every success
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2021, 01:10:14 PM »
He doesn't lack confidence, sees us as a stepping stone to play for one of the best clubs in the world one day.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/07/16/west-brom-signing-quevin-castro-aiming-to-realise-his-footballing-ambitions/

The 19-year-old joined the Baggies after a successful trial period, signing a two-year-deal at The Hawthorns with an option of a further year, in Albion's favour.

The midfielder, also capable of playing in a wide position previously had trial spells with the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, says he always backed himself to succeed higher up the football pyramid.

"It took a long time but I always knew I was going to get there at some point." Castro said, speaking to Suffolk News.

"Having been at top teams such as Chelsea and Arsenal I knew that there was a place for me in the professional game somewhere. It was just about hard work and learning really, and I am obviously just delighted the club were able to give me an opportunity."

Ismael's style of play at previous clubs has seen him utilise an energetic high press, forcing opposing teams into mistakes and capitalising upon them.

Castro believes that will suit his style of play well, should he be given the opportunity to showcase his abilities for the club in the Championship, in spite of his young age.

"The way we want to play this year is going to bring the best out of me. "

"I’ve just got to be able to play to the expectations and hopefully I will get a chance to prove myself to everyone. I never doubt myself."

"For me this is a stepping stone really as my aim is to be one of the best players in the world. And I know I will be."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 01:16:51 PM by gazberg »

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2021, 01:22:42 PM »
Ha. Best of luck fella. Big talk from someone without a professional appearance to talk about stepping stones and being the best in the world. If he’s 10% as good as he thinks he might be then we’ve got the best midfielder in the league on our hands!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2021, 01:27:28 PM »
Ha. Best of luck fella. Big talk from someone without a professional appearance to talk about stepping stones and being the best in the world. If he’s 10% as good as he thinks he might be then we’ve got the best midfielder in the league on our hands!

We've already got the best midfielder in the league  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2021, 01:31:41 PM »
We've already got the best midfielder in the league  ;D

Nice to see you've changed your opinion on Livermore  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2021, 01:33:14 PM »
No issue with his comments - i hope he does become the best player in the world because we're in for some serious £££ if he does.

We would get more for him than Lai will get for the club  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2021, 01:59:37 PM »
No issue with his comments - i hope he does become the best player in the world because we're in for some serious £££ if he does.

We would get more for him than Lai will get for the club  ;D

I like ambition in a player but then I take some players comments a delusions of granger  - I remember when Bacuna was at Villa - stating he should be playing champions league football - he ended up playing championship football !

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2021, 02:01:05 PM »
Admire his confidence, but, I fear it may end like one of those boxers who bigs themselves up and dances around the ring preening before getting sparked in round 1! :)
Ambition almost certainly outweighs his ability but you never know.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:32 PM »
Okay son, walk the talk then 8) He is going to get brutally teased in the dressing room for that. Most footballers don't lack for self belief but most would be a little bit more careful about the comments they made with regard to their own abilities.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2021, 02:40:40 PM »
I'm all for confidence, but telling your club that they are a stepping stone in the week you have signed for them is not the best way to endear yourself to the stripes!!  :-\

Released by Arsenal and Chelsea, played for Bury, Mildenhall and Thetford and was only on trial with us (all by the age of 19) doesn't suggest Messi or Ronaldo will be sh!!tting themselves anytime soon, happy to be proven wrong though  ;D
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2021, 02:45:58 PM »
So long as he contributes to our overall plan this season he can say what he wants.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2021, 06:08:10 PM »
Fair play to him. I wouldn’t have said it personally but I don’t mind a bit of confidence. It’ll be interesting to see if our Quev plays tonight. He’s nearly 20 so over the next year or so he needs to make waves if he’s going to get anywhere near the level he seems to thinks he can.