Author Topic: 2021/22 Kit  (Read 47657 times)

baggieboy79

• Junior Baggie

Re: 2021/22 Kit
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2021, 12:38:12 PM »
I actually quite like the look of these if the Twitter mock-ups are anything close to what they will be.  The dark/black one is nice and the home although not a traditional WBA kit, is nice with the thick stripe down the middle and blue sleeves.  The yellow is very much like the 'Arsenal bruised banana' kit of the 80's/90's and probably my least fave of the three.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »
The black one reminds me of a Villa kit and the yellow one Arsenal. I hope the actual kits are far better than them. The home one is actually decent, not exactly Albion, but if you class the big navy bit in the middle as a stripe it sort of works, .... sort of.

BaggiePhil

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »
From what Ive seen I think it is a disgrace. It shows whoever thought this was the right design has no idea what the Albion are and has no regard or feelings for the supporters. Whats next a gold and black or claret and blue kit. Its a joke on the back of the lack of investment its another slap in the face as far as Im concerned. Its the same as Cardiff when the owner changed their kit from blue to red. What's next a change from the hawthorns to the Lai stadium or changing the badge to a chinese proverb.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »
Good or bad it ain't Albion so its a NO.

Every time I look at that I see Kenny Burns and Trevor flaming Francis - Disgraceful,

would the Noses wear stripes ??? Thought not
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2021, 01:31:21 PM »
From what Ive seen I think it is a disgrace. It shows whoever thought this was the right design has no idea what the Albion are and has no regard or feelings for the supporters. Whats next a gold and black or claret and blue kit. Its a joke on the back of the lack of investment its another slap in the face as far as Im concerned. Its the same as Cardiff when the owner changed their kit from blue to red. What's next a change from the hawthorns to the Lai stadium or changing the badge to a chinese proverb.

A bit O.T.T.

It's still navy and white (home). That I think is the the most important thing.

Controversial, maybe, but I prefer it to the bloody barcode.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2021, 01:33:32 PM »

Every time I look at that I see Kenny Burns and Trevor flaming Francis - Disgraceful,

yes they would, they wore stripes back in 99-2000

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:12 PM »

Shirt No 1 :  Ok understood that they have to ring the changes to sucker us into buying a new shirt each season - our fault if we do.

Shirt No 2:  Does this make it difficult to pick out your own players on a dark winter's afternoon with lots of supporters wearing dark clothes in the bottom 10 rows?

Shirt No 3:  Fussy, messy  and showy, no link with the Albion.  Why not yellow with very thin green stripes?

Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »
yes they would, they wore stripes back in 99-2000

Bugger !  :-(

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2021, 01:38:53 PM »
For those who haven't seen this, here are out historical kits.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/West_Bromwich_Albion/West_Bromwich_Albion.htm

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2021, 01:39:23 PM »
A bit O.T.T.

This in bold is the most important thing.

Personally I would like a late 60's kit with narrow stripes white arms, white shorts white socks. Looks class.
Allllllll aboard

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »

This Blues thing is actually starting to annoy me. Keep it up and you and me going to be stepping outside.  ;D.

First point Blues have a completely different shade of blue that completely transforms any kit.

Second point, Blues wouldnt wear stripes. Well, that have, Villa have, Southampton, Coventry, Stoke etc all have interchanged between stripes and non stripes.

Third point, we havent worn stripes right throughout our history, we've worn a variety of kits including all white with red socks during the 68 cup run.

As long as we are navy and white, at home, I can live with it although obviously I'd prefer stripes.

I'm actually more annoyed that the yellow / green has gone.

Told you lot before, I need to run the club. We'd have none of these problems then.  8)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2021, 01:53:56 PM »
Shirt No 1 :  Ok understood that they have to ring the changes to sucker us into buying a new shirt each season - our fault if we do.

Shirt No 2:  Does this make it difficult to pick out your own players on a dark winter's afternoon with lots of supporters wearing dark clothes in the bottom 10 rows?

Shirt No 3:  Fussy, messy  and showy, no link with the Albion.  Why not yellow with very thin green stripes?

We’d struggle with that even if we played in luminous yellow with flashing lights sewed on. 😂
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2021, 01:58:13 PM »
That black kit looks fantastic.

One of my favourite kits was the black away shirt under Mowbray.  Wonderful shirt.

Totally agree...I love black kits. And that one under Mowbray was one of my all time favourite kits
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BaggiePhil

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2021, 02:01:02 PM »
A bit O.T.T.

Why is it OTT? Its our identity. Were fans even consulted- No. We are just the suckers who have to eat whatever rubbish is served up to us. What changes are too much for you? Are the stripes as fundamental as our name or where the ground is?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2021, 02:08:28 PM »
Why is it OTT? Its our identity. Were fans even consulted- No. We are just the suckers who have to eat whatever rubbish is served up to us. What changes are too much for you? Are the stripes as fundamental as our name or where the ground is?

Our name is paramount. Our ground hmm different issue and I suspect a toxic one amongst the fan base, should a new stadium be proposed.

The design of the kit isnt nearly as important but I do agree with you that fans should be considered and consulted.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2021, 02:09:19 PM »
The black one reminds me of a Villa kit and the yellow one Arsenal. I hope the actual kits are far better than them. The home one is actually decent, not exactly Albion, but if you class the big navy bit in the middle as a stripe it sort of works, .... sort of.
Where have you seen these mate? I can see the blue and white one in the thread but not the black or yellow.

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »
The colours on the yellow match what we've used before at least,
82-84, 84-86, 99-01 and 08/09.
If that helps anyone in anyway come to grips with it

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2021, 02:11:12 PM »
Where have you seen these mate? I can see the blue and white one in the thread but not the black or yellow.

Go to page 3 of this topic mate.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2021, 02:12:47 PM »
Go to page 3 of this topic mate.
I've been all the way through about 976 times and can't see it, am i gooin mad?

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2021, 02:18:34 PM »
Talking of good/bad seasons with blue socks got me thinking how we normally fare with a black kit.

We did pretty well in it last time from what I remember?

4-1 at Everton springing to mind, any other good results in that kit people can recall?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2021, 02:19:08 PM »
if stripes truly matter, how many do there need to be before they can be considered in line with our identity, is there a fixed thickness? The much loved thick stripes of the 70’s were a complete departure from the 100-odd years of kits that went before it, yet to some it’s quintessential.

Its not about what it is, its about what it represents.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2021, 02:21:59 PM »
I've been all the way through about 976 times and can't see it, am i gooin mad?

It's near the top of the page. If you cant see it, I dont understand why mate.

Maybe try googling it?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2021, 02:23:35 PM »
found this on Twitter, cant vouch for authenticity:-

Fao Settee
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
I'd been focusing on the kit design until someone mentioned the badge earlier in the thread. Doesn't look the best to be honest. As for black away kits I'm generally a fan. Can't be doing with that Villa type chequered bum rag...... still, I probably won't be parting with cash for any of them anyway.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »
I'd been focusing on the kit design until someone mentioned the badge earlier in the thread. Doesn't look the best to be honest. As for black away kits I'm generally a fan. Can't be doing with that Villa type chequered bum rag...... still, I probably won't be parting with cash for any of them anyway.

I'd buy the home one.

The other pair I wouldn't wipe my xxxx on. Amongst our worst kits ever, except anything red.