1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 446232 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3175 on: June 15, 2021, 06:17:38 PM »
Jesus, the way some react on here is just beyond belief. Some nugget on Twitter mentions Pulis and straight away it’s a stick to beat the club with. There’s no substance to it whatsoever.
To be honest I’m sick to the back teeth of some of the derogatory comments on here. Yes we are going through a tough time but some are just too quick to jump on the anti Albion bandwagon.
Why don’t some of you start a thread saying what you think we SHOULD do, instead of waiting for another rumour to wet your pants about?

A lot say managers would look at the club and say no thanks, we’ll, if they read some of your comments they would definitely run a mile.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3176 on: June 15, 2021, 06:18:26 PM »
Rumour Pereira the coach not the player being mentioned, has been working in China and is on Fulhams radar. Don't no him think he's Spanish.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3177 on: June 15, 2021, 06:25:00 PM »
Sooty just Tweeted

Whilst I know Pulis has been considered and its not out the question..if you ask me do I think that he will be re-joining Albion as Head Coach my answer is No... Although as I understand are keen on Spaniard Javier Pereira #WBA #Baggies
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3178 on: June 15, 2021, 06:31:37 PM »
Javier Pereria has had a few clubs in his time, mainly as assistant manager

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Pereira_(football_manager)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3179 on: June 15, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
Sooty just Tweeted

Whilst I know Pulis has been considered and its not out the question..if you ask me do I think that he will be re-joining Albion as Head Coach my answer is No... Although as I understand are keen on Spaniard Javier Pereira #WBA #Baggies

One of many tweets that get posted after some info gets leaked by other media outlets. Yet fans cling to his every word   ;D

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3180 on: June 15, 2021, 06:35:36 PM »
Javier Pereria has had a few clubs in his time, mainly as assistant manager

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javier_Pereira_(football_manager)
Almost as many clubs as Jack Nicklaus! It's interesting to see that he worked with Jokanovic for 3 years at 3 different clubs (Watford, Maccabi Tel Aviv and Fulham).

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3181 on: June 15, 2021, 06:40:18 PM »
Sooty just Tweeted

Personally until Sweep* confirms it I'm disinclined to give the rumour house room. Pereira has mainly had assistant roles and none recently in a teir 1 league I would be shocked if he was given a work permit unless he qualifies under residency rules pre changes and that does not seem likely. 

*other glove puppets available.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3182 on: June 15, 2021, 06:49:36 PM »
Personally until Sweep* confirms it I'm disinclined to give the rumour house room. Pereira has mainly had assistant roles and none recently in a teir 1 league I would be shocked if he was given a work permit unless he qualifies under residency rules pre changes and that does not seem likely. 

Emu reckons we after some bloke called Rod from Hull.
0% ITK

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3183 on: June 15, 2021, 06:54:13 PM »
I can absolutely see Pulis coming back. He is well liked by the board and I'm sorry but I don't get the massive hatred our fan base seems to have for him
 Yes his football isn't pretty and really divides but people need to remember where we were before he took over. We were in a mess and heading for relegation under Alan Irvine. We had players such as Sebastian Blanco, Jason Davidson, Sebastian Varela, Brown Ideye and Samaras amongst our squad. He came in stabalised the club and pushed us on. Yes he should of been let go at the end of his final full season but that's not down to him that's down to the club for not seeing it at the time but hindsight is a wonderful thing. He attracted big named players such as Jonny Evans one of the best center backs this club has seen in modern history. Rondon who was a high profile signing from overseas and Darren fletcher big name from Manchester United who was a fantastic leader for us and we still haven't replaced that leadership. Pulis is someone you bring in when you need a calm head and someone to round up the troops and that's exactly what we need now. I must say I find it amazing how many people I'm seeing on social media are saying "I'll go to Walsall or Kidderminster if he comes back" they are so willing to give up their season tickets if TP returns but are still willing to go with the current unambitious lot on the board running the show. Honestly one of the most puzzling fan bases going.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and your post highlights some of the positives within his time here. I totally agree about Evans and Fletcher, though not Rondon. There were however some huge negatives that you have not commented on. I love and support this club and would still attend if he did come back. I would however be horrified. Some of the football under him was the worst I have witnessed in more than 50 years of regular attendance.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3184 on: June 15, 2021, 07:00:19 PM »
The Pulis link is absolute rubbish. Someone i know asked SkyBet for odds on him being our next manager and i imagine it has snowballed from there due to the impact of twitter rumours..
Smethwick..

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3185 on: June 15, 2021, 07:15:26 PM »

Emu reckons we after some bloke called Rod from Hull.
0% ITK

You see guys, this is one of the reasons I love coming on here. Cheers Stan and Seteefeet. :D
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3186 on: June 15, 2021, 07:24:33 PM »
I actually think Pulis gets a bad wrap on here and with most Albion fans and I know I'm in the minority as I quite liked him at times.

Having said this, he is the ideal manager to fight relegation, not for promotion. I believe Stoke is his only promotion under his belt and that was during his peak. The issue is he's too defensive. He's kind of like a poor Roy Hodgson, great for struggling teams but when you need to win games and try to win leagues, his football is too negative.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3187 on: June 15, 2021, 07:37:45 PM »

Interesting to see he has experience as (asst)DoF at Fulham. Considering Ken was talking about overhauling the setup, a manager who has a background in both coaching and DoFing might well be what he's looking at.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3188 on: June 15, 2021, 07:42:37 PM »
Hopefully Vitor Pereira not Javier Pereira

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3189 on: June 15, 2021, 07:54:00 PM »
This rumour was posted on another forum before this tweet I think

At least we know where he gets borrows his info from now.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 07:56:01 PM by dangerman »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3190 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
I take everyones Pulis and raise you a COLIN

There I know none of you would have the sheer audacity to raise the spectre of that but there you are its out there now !

Apologies to those of you of a weak disposition !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3191 on: June 15, 2021, 08:41:11 PM »
I take everyones Pulis and raise you a COLIN

There I know none of you would have the sheer audacity to raise the spectre of that but there you are its out there now !

Apologies to those of you of a weak disposition !
I'm not sure a dachshund will be able to see out of the dugout. Maybe we'll push the boat out and buy him a cushion.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3192 on: June 15, 2021, 08:49:48 PM »
Think it’s going to be a left field appointment, someone like that Pereira that’s been linked.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3193 on: June 15, 2021, 08:50:58 PM »
From a journalist (ahem) that works for the mirror.

“@GraemeBailey
Fascinating managerial merry-go-round in the Championship with Scott Parker ready to leave Fulham and head to Bournemouth. One of those Fulham are looking at is their highly-rated former assistant Javi Pereira...however, West Brom's Chinese owners also like him a lot!”

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3194 on: June 15, 2021, 08:57:32 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: West Brom turn to China as miracle-worker wanted for top job

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-west-brom-target-china-for-next-manager

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3195 on: June 15, 2021, 09:14:13 PM »
Helped get Watford promoted, so he will know what the league is like.

If we want him we had better move quickly as Fulham could be interested if Parker moves.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3196 on: June 15, 2021, 09:32:31 PM »
Helped get Watford promoted, so he will know what the league is like.

If we want him we had better move quickly as Fulham could be interested if Parker moves.

The Parker move baffles me, moving from Fulham to Bournemouth, will be a smaller budget due to parachute payments, weaker squad in same division too.

Strange one.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3197 on: June 15, 2021, 09:37:42 PM »
The Parker move baffles me, moving from Fulham to Bournemouth, will be a smaller budget due to parachute payments, weaker squad in same division too.

Strange one.

Rumours that he fell out with the club hierarchy (isn't the DOF the owner's son?) over transfers. Where have we heard that before?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3198 on: June 15, 2021, 11:08:58 PM »
I can't speak about "Ken" particularly, but let's just say that several of my experiences with "very successful businessmen" must be different to yours.
I agree totally. Expertise in one industry doesn’t necessarily transfer to another.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3199 on: June 16, 2021, 12:09:37 AM »
EXCLUSIVE: West Brom turn to China as miracle-worker wanted for top job

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-west-brom-target-china-for-next-manager

I fully expect Lai to pick someone who has done half-decent in the Chinese Super League, on the clueless basis that means they should be able to succeed in England. Just like how he bought that Chinese striker that turned out to be terrible.