1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 449150 times)

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3225 on: June 16, 2021, 02:29:29 PM »
Ralf is the sort of bloke the likes of Arsenal would be looking at. I'd like him but dont think its realistic for us where we are right now

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3226 on: June 16, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
Just look at this wikipedia and tell me why he would ever join a basket case championship club

He would be a very good candidate for either the DoF or Head Coach Roles and I would love to see him at our club.  But Sadly I cannot see it happening.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3227 on: June 16, 2021, 02:47:32 PM »
Ralf Rangnick is the man that we need, answers the question about the D.O.F too, he can do the lot . Let him bring his right hand man, and have Brunt and Mozza as his runners, and we are sorted. I believe he was close to joining us a few years ago, and he is not working at present.
Just look at his profile on wikipedia or elsewhere, and tell me anyone better suited for us, excluding Guardiaola etc.
Couldn't do much better than Rangnick, in terms of his football tactical knowledge. There's some quite prominent German coaches who he helped teach.  Just a bit puzzled why he's out of work. He was rumoured to be possible next German national coach.

I saw a long interview of him some months ago when it looked like he was going to Schalke, but I think he saw it as too much as a basket case club. He said in same interview he wants to manage a traditional German or English club. 'Traditional' is a loaded word in German as it rules out the Leipzigs and company sponsored clubs.
He definitely likes it here as he keeps contact with an amateur club in Sussex from when he was a student there. He also says he's open to being DoF or team manager, but some say he wants to control everything irrespective.
I guess he's probably hoping a Prem club comes in for him, but think its defintely worth sounding him out. With no DoF, that might be ideal for him, though he did suffer 'burnout' once before at Schalke which was probably because he tried to do too much. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3228 on: June 16, 2021, 02:51:34 PM »
Just look at this wikipedia and tell me why he would ever join a basket case championship club
Well we could offer him a significant amount of money for starters,and you never know.
We managed to attract Mr Allardyce, and he had little hesitation in jumping aboard, but even rubbish managers are walking away from us, and Ralf ....well he likes a challenge.
We can't just carry on saying, we don't want him , he's rubbish, and , It's no good asking him..., he won't come here.
If all else fails send for SGM
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 02:53:14 PM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3229 on: June 16, 2021, 03:02:16 PM »
Ralf was the sort of guy we should've looked at after Dan Ashworth left when we were building something. Would be great for us but realistically, he would surely be looking at an Everton. Arsenal sort of level these days?

If David Wagner turned us down then it suggests our sights are a bit lower than someone like RR?

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3230 on: June 16, 2021, 03:27:32 PM »
Well we could offer him a significant amount of money for starters,and you never know.
We managed to attract Mr Allardyce, and he had little hesitation in jumping aboard, but even rubbish managers are walking away from us, and Ralf ....well he likes a challenge.
We can't just carry on saying, we don't want him , he's rubbish, and , It's no good asking him..., he won't come here.
If all else fails send for SGM

The first candidate you mention I think is completely unrealistic
SGM is truly a terrible idea (as was Allardyce, but this would be even worse)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3231 on: June 16, 2021, 03:37:11 PM »
The first candidate you mention I think is completely unrealistic
SGM is truly a terrible idea (as was Allardyce, but this would be even worse)
Thanks for that
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3232 on: June 16, 2021, 04:14:13 PM »
Thanks for that

Quite right too 68, what were you thinking? ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 04:16:10 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3233 on: June 16, 2021, 05:59:13 PM »
Ralf was the sort of guy we should've looked at after Dan Ashworth left when we were building something.
We did, didn't we? Or maybe it was just "'paper-talk". Or at a different time. I don't know, so much has happened since Ashworth left (and so little of it good) it's difficult to get things in order in my memory.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3234 on: June 16, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »
We did, didn't we? Or maybe it was just "'paper-talk". Or at a different time. I don't know, so much has happened since Ashworth left (and so little of it good) it's difficult to get things in order in my memory.

Yes we did, but if rumours were correct we were only 'Window' shopping  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3235 on: June 16, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
What we need, what we want - and erm- what we will get are all poles, or even Germans or Spaniards apart, separated by various factors and factions. Should eventually get somebody, but who and more importantly when: we have no influence over and I have sort of lost interest until something happens. When it does it might just be a brilliant appointment that sets us up for a few years of milk and honey. :D Going back into summer hibernation now to dream of past successes and hope despite experience for better future times to come. :'(

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3236 on: June 16, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »
I don't care if it's a brilliant appointment. I don't care if it's a tat appointment which comes good by unusual fortune. I just want it to be a successful one and preferably with football we can enjoy.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3237 on: June 16, 2021, 06:34:58 PM »
I don't care if it's a brilliant appointment. I don't care if it's a tat appointment which comes good by unusual fortune. I just want it to be a successful one and preferably with football we can enjoy.

I'm sure you're not alone.

Successful means promotion and with good football what more could one ask for?

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3238 on: June 16, 2021, 06:40:19 PM »

Ain't asleep yet! So this is also exactly how feel. Don't care who just so long as WBA become successful. Would love successful and entertaining, but above all else successful. (That's the first time Iv'e spelt succesfull right 3 times in a row)

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3239 on: June 16, 2021, 07:16:32 PM »

Ain't asleep yet! So this is also exactly how feel. Don't care who just so long as WBA become successful. Would love successful and entertaining, but above all else successful. (That's the first time Iv'e spelt succesfull right 3 times in a row)
Shame about the fourth time :D :D :D

I don't really care about successful, as long as we avoid relegation. Entertaining is more important to me for now.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3240 on: June 16, 2021, 07:57:20 PM »
Shame about the fourth time :D :D :D

I don't really care about successful, as long as we avoid relegation. Entertaining is more important to me for now.
Leaving the ground feeling entertained is leaving the ground having won, in my opinion. Take a scrappy 1-0 win over a 5-4 defeat every day of the week

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3241 on: June 16, 2021, 08:17:10 PM »
Leaving the ground feeling entertained is leaving the ground having won, in my opinion. Take a scrappy 1-0 win over a 5-4 defeat every day of the week

There are times when I've watched a great match and we've lost having played well.

The novelty of that soon wears off however.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3242 on: June 16, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »
Sooty has tweeted 👀

Personally I don’t believe his tweets but his tweet moods have changed before things happen so you never know…

He’s not tweeted much other than a phone call has made him happy
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3243 on: June 16, 2021, 08:27:02 PM »
Folks, can we be careful when posting what people have posted on other sites please including Twitter, those people do not use this site (I don't think) and as such have no way of defending/ responding etc  and I do not want this site getting a bad rep elsewhere.

I am not saying don't quote them or mention it as its in the public domain but I am saying be careful what you say about the person themselves.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3244 on: June 16, 2021, 09:01:39 PM »
Now that Lampard has declared that he is not interested in the Albion job. We could do with a new list of managers to vote for. My guess is that it will be a list of 2, McInnes and Neal.

I wouldn't be surprised if they soon declare themselves not interested as Amazon are creating a lot of new jobs !

How low has this club sunk.  I can see a lot of the Sunderland demise in our current position.

They have had 16 managers in 10 years we have had 14 managers in 10 years.  That does include caretakers for both teams.

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3245 on: June 16, 2021, 09:06:44 PM »
Sooty has tweeted 👀

Personally I don’t believe his tweets but his tweet moods have changed before things happen so you never know…

HRK has signed a new deal

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3246 on: June 16, 2021, 09:26:01 PM »
Now that Lampard has declared that he is not interested in the Albion job.
When did he declare that?

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3247 on: June 16, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »
E&S have said that Frank and Howe have said they're not interested.

Who is sooty, and why should we be interested in his tweets?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3248 on: June 16, 2021, 11:20:59 PM »

HRK has signed a new deal

Just got back from footy, scared me to death nearly!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3249 on: June 17, 2021, 03:30:01 AM »
Sooty has tweeted 👀

That bloke hasn't got anything right before though? I just feel like he enjoys having fun with people on social media.