Author Topic: 23 May 2021 Leeds United 3 Albion 1  (Read 21807 times)

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2021, 06:10:39 PM »
Better than I thought it was going to be. Most disappointed with first goal conceded though all preventable.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2021, 06:11:10 PM »
Better than I thought it was going to be. Most disappointed with first goal conceded though all preventable.

2nd was definitely preventable!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2021, 06:12:46 PM »
But what about the ultra negative formation..? Surely it didn't create any presentable chances that our woeful players squandered  ::)
Yes, it was 5-3-2 to start with, but players were allowed to get forward. I even saw
Ajayi cross the half way line, but it was better when we went back to a back 4.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Brombo97

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:59 PM »
Disappointing to concede the goals, all avoidable. Not a lot up front, no surprise there given the team selection but there were some OK performances today and Diangana showed flashes of what might be next season. Didn't think we were at all overwhelmed by an in form Leeds side.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »
Rafinha largely had him on toast but okay... not bothered about arguing at this stage.
You just did

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2021, 06:18:52 PM »
Could not fault our effort, but too many mistakes today and over the season see us where we are now.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2021, 06:23:02 PM »
Considering we went head to toe with these for large parts of last season. The gap between us now is massive.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2021, 06:25:12 PM »
It's all over thank god.

One of the worst seasons I've seen.

Me too. Very, very few bright moments, and worst of all I didn’t expect anything else in the slightest after the way we performed after Christmas in the Championship and then recruited so poorly, even with the limited budget.

It wasn’t too far off 1985-6 in the end, when we got 24 points in a 42 game season. We know what happened in the 16 years after that. ☹️☹️☹️

And we’ve returned the same points total Megson’s triers got in 2002-3.But the difference is we’ve been poor for 18 months now, not just in the EPL. We knew Megson’s team could cut it in the level below.

What a huge task ahead for someone - I think the biggest at the club for 20 years.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2021, 06:26:19 PM »
As the season finished I switched off in September roll on next season!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2021, 06:39:54 PM »
Our captain Mr Bartley joined in with the Leeds players in embracing Berardi as he was substituted to a standing ovation. WTF?.....and please don't tell me that "Bart's" used to play for Leeds.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #235 on: May 23, 2021, 06:43:09 PM »
Our captain Mr Bartley joined in with the Leeds players in embracing Berardi as he was substituted to a standing ovation. WTF?.....and please don't tell me that "Bart's" used to play for Leeds.
Never seen such a love in for 2 substituted players.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #236 on: May 23, 2021, 06:58:09 PM »
Well that, thank goodness, is that! See you again Premier league. Hopefully we will be in better shape next time. Look out Championship here we come!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »
So glad this horrible season is over. Concerned for the future I admit but change is inevitable now.

Please don't let Dowling spend whatever money we get from MP... such an important season for clearing out and recruiting wisely....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: May 23, 2021, 07:31:58 PM »
Horrible end to a horrible season. To reach the premier league is a big achievement. To not give it a fair crack of the whip when you get there is unforgivable. Shame on you Albion.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #239 on: May 23, 2021, 08:55:33 PM »
Never seen such a love in for 2 substituted players.

Was shocked when the referee only had two minutes stoppage time. Must have been eager to get out of Leeds.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #240 on: May 23, 2021, 09:45:50 PM »
For probably about 5/6 months I knew we were down so didn’t really get angry or seem bothered but now it’s all over and watched that today I do feel really down about what a real pathetic season we have had and how the club just seems a bit of shambles at the moment.

Seems miles away from where we were about 6/7 years ago & don’t see much change soon to be honest

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2021, 10:12:08 AM »
It was mostly just so........ meh. Highs few and far between. Lows? Far too many to mention.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2021, 01:22:35 PM »
3 Leeds goals were schoolboy errors.

Had we taken our chances we'd have won comfortably.

OK,  it really doesn't matter but how on earth when there were 6 subsititutions, a 5 minute farewell party and a 5 minute stoppage for Phillips, can the referee add only TWO minutes.   :o    Was it because we'd scored and there was a faint chance of a come-back or did Coote have Leeds to win?

Added to the 7 minutes added time played against Liverpool when it should have been 4,  the illegal 3rd goal at Arsenal when again we could have snatched a draw, you really do wonder whether this league is corrupt. 

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2021, 06:45:27 PM »
3 Leeds goals were schoolboy errors.

Had we taken our chances we'd have won comfortably.

OK,  it really doesn't matter but how on earth when there were 6 subsititutions, a 5 minute farewell party and a 5 minute stoppage for Phillips, can the referee add only TWO minutes.   :o    Was it because we'd scored and there was a faint chance of a come-back or did Coote have Leeds to win?

Added to the 7 minutes added time played against Liverpool when it should have been 4,  the illegal 3rd goal at Arsenal when again we could have snatched a draw, you really do wonder whether this league is corrupt.

I don't wonder about that at all, my mind is made up.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music