Author Topic: Karlan Grant  (Read 291659 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Karlan Grant
« Reply #1175 on: September 25, 2021, 01:54:13 PM »
That goal was gifted by the defender who was comprehensively beaten.  Also a I thought Gray was offside - would have been captured by VAR.  This season SJ is instructed to go out and clear; that's what he tried to do - entire back line caught on the hop.  It has happened with this system and probably will do again.

Johnstone was all at sea for their opener. It was embarrassing. Just because you have a role to do to sweep behind the defence does not excuse terrible decision making we witnessed in the first 45 seconds.

153 shots this season and Hugill still hasn't got a goal. How did he miss that header first half from point blank range last night?

Finally, back to Grant - the winner saw some good interplay and a class, clinical finish. Hopefully shuts up some of the over the top pathetic criticism that has been thrown his way this season.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1176 on: September 25, 2021, 02:00:24 PM »
Johnstone was all at sea for their opener. It was embarrassing. Just because you have a role to do to sweep behind the defence does not excuse terrible decision making we witnessed in the first 45 seconds.

153 shots this season and Hugill still hasn't got a goal. How did he miss that header first half from point blank range last night?

Finally, back to Grant - the winner saw some good interplay and a class, clinical finish. Hopefully shuts up some of the over the top pathetic criticism that has been thrown his way this season.
Isn’t it pathetic and over the top to criticise Hugill for missing a chance when he wasn’t even on the pitch?😂

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1177 on: September 25, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »
Isn’t it pathetic and over the top to criticise Hugill for missing a chance when he wasn’t even on the pitch?😂

I did think that when reading the comment  ;D ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1178 on: September 25, 2021, 02:55:18 PM »

I was just wondering that, noticing he came on second half (I couldn't see the game and only saw the highlights). Who was it who missed that header from five yards out?

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1179 on: September 25, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »
I was just wondering that, noticing he came on second half (I couldn't see the game and only saw the highlights). Who was it who missed that header from five yards out?
Not seen it since, but at the time from the Smethwick end it appeared to be Reach?
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1180 on: September 25, 2021, 03:02:11 PM »
Yeah it was Reach.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1181 on: September 25, 2021, 05:19:13 PM »
Didn't see the game yesterday but just watched the extended highlights on Sky, we looked pretty decent IMV, one way traffic in respect of the highlights, save for the goal against at the start. CR7 assisted both goals with well timed passes. His ability to find space and link is invaluable for the other strikers. Although I've given Huge loads of grief I was also impressed with some of his touches. Grant looked sharp and hopefully that goal will help him kick on.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1182 on: September 25, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »

It was Reach that missed the point-blank header and I thought he did well to get to it.  Makes me wonder about the quality of the "all at sea" judgement.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1183 on: September 25, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
It was Reach that missed the point-blank header and I thought he did well to get to it.  Makes me wonder about the quality of the "all at sea" judgement.

I've seen the chance multiple time on the telly and it was a very bad miss. He headed it straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at. Similar to Furlong in the dying moments against Derby.

As for Johnstone, that was just embarrassing and really hurt the team. Although I guess you could argue they may still have scored if he'd done his job properly; although it would have been much tougher.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1184 on: September 25, 2021, 08:16:09 PM »
I've seen the chance multiple time on the telly and it was a very bad miss. He headed it straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at. Similar to Furlong in the dying moments against Derby.

As for Johnstone, that was just embarrassing and really hurt the team. Although I guess you could argue they may still have scored if he'd done his job properly; although it would have been much tougher.
You are on the Grant thread, trying to criticise another bloke for missing a chance when he wasn’t even on the pitch…I’d consider stopping at this point ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1185 on: September 25, 2021, 08:16:56 PM »
Two goals.

Won us the game.  I've heard rubbish about how poor he was most of the game etc etc. Tell you what if he's rubbish and scores goals then I'd take that.

Also when he scored the second you could see how much it meant to the other players. Robinson in particular.  For me the jury is still out but we'll done to him and let's hope this gives him belief and confidence to push forward for the benefit of himself and the club.

Very pleased for him.

California Dreaming

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1186 on: September 25, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »
82 criticising people for ‘over the top, pathetic criticism’ is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on here.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1187 on: September 26, 2021, 01:49:43 PM »
Two goals.

Won us the game.  I've heard rubbish about how poor he was most of the game etc etc. Tell you what if he's rubbish and scores goals then I'd take that.

Also when he scored the second you could see how much it meant to the other players. Robinson in particular.  For me the jury is still out but we'll done to him and let's hope this gives him belief and confidence to push forward for the benefit of himself and the club.

Very pleased for him.

Well said Nick. Grant & Robinson are our goalscorers, so vital to our success.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1188 on: September 26, 2021, 04:29:58 PM »

The headed chance which was straight at the keeper towards the end in the Derby game was Semi Ajayi. I'll Grant you this, when you're having a 'mare you go full in on it and no half measures :P  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1189 on: September 26, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »
The headed chance which was straight at the keeper towards the end in the Derby game was Semi Ajayi. I'll Grant you this, when you're having a 'mare you go full in on it and no half measures :P  ;) .

If it's the diving header your talking about it was Furlong 100%
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1190 on: September 26, 2021, 06:01:59 PM »

Tuamigos, thank you, correct, it was Furlong.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1191 on: September 26, 2021, 06:02:31 PM »

:P  :P  :P superb.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1192 on: September 27, 2021, 10:21:57 AM »

I think Dan’s humour has gone right above your head…  ;D

As for Grant, delighted he’s got some goals under his belt and hopefully he can kick on from here.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1193 on: September 27, 2021, 10:40:17 AM »
I think Dan’s humour has gone right above your head…  ;D

As for Grant, delighted he’s got some goals under his belt and hopefully he can kick on from here.

Obviously.
Like they say if you have to explain it it isn't funny
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1194 on: September 27, 2021, 11:03:02 AM »
Obviously.
Like they say if you have to explain it it isn't funny

Apart from it was :-)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1195 on: September 27, 2021, 03:06:21 PM »
:P  :P  :P superb.

I will Grant you this Dan, BBC : "Kelle Roos denied the Baggies at the death with a point-blank save from Darnell Furlong's header, while Derby's best chance saw Jason Knight's shot deflect just over the crossbar". You must be on Row of A of the Smethwick.

Back on topic, let's hope the 1 or 2 goals that Grant got on Friday night will spur him on in midweek and in our next Friday night TV game - which seems to be our new Saturday 3pm.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1196 on: September 27, 2021, 03:20:10 PM »
I will Grant you this Dan, BBC : "Kelle Roos denied the Baggies at the death with a point-blank save from Darnell Furlong's header, while Derby's best chance saw Jason Knight's shot deflect just over the crossbar". You must be on Row of A of the Smethwick.

Back on topic, let's hope the 1 or 2 goals that Grant got on Friday night will spur him on in midweek and in our next Friday night TV game - which seems to be our new Saturday 3pm.

I'd explain the joke but then it wouldn't be funny so there's little point me doing it  ;) .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1197 on: September 27, 2021, 03:55:15 PM »
I'd explain the joke but then it wouldn't be funny so there's little point me doing it  ;) .

It went so far over his head it was mistaken for the ISS  ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1198 on: September 27, 2021, 09:19:36 PM »
My mate was saying Grant was useless then he scores then he scores again that man can have my children still don't remember the rest of that night oh yeah I had a cold which went away and won the quadruple with us on Fifa other than that don't remember think I celebrated to hard
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1199 on: September 28, 2021, 09:56:35 PM »
He is an atrocious player. One of the worst signings we've ever made, if not the worst.

Offhand, I could list a shed full of inferior players that WBA have signed.
Time for a recantation? :D