Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 493534 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira
« Reply #1850 on: June 13, 2021, 06:11:48 PM »
We have a £20 million asking price for Sam with one year left and we are going to let our best player with four years to go on his contract leave for £15 million. If this happens the lunatics have really taken over the asylum.  :o

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1851 on: June 13, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »
We have a £20 million asking price for Sam with one year left and we are going to let our best player with four years to go on his contract leave for £15 million. If this happens the lunatics have really taken over the asylum.  :o
There's a good old Dutch saying for that. We're thieves from our own wallet!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1852 on: June 13, 2021, 06:40:48 PM »
Imagine a world where we lose our best players to **** like Brentford.

Luckily, this is absolute ********.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1853 on: June 13, 2021, 07:04:52 PM »
According to the Daily Star we are willing to accept £15m for our star player, with Norwich and Brentford interested.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-pereira-chelsea-20804586

I hope there is no truth in it but I seriously would not be surprised.

Seriously if this was true, I would quit the club and mean it until the owner was gone for good and even then I would still be fuming. Ridiculous decision if true

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1854 on: June 13, 2021, 07:16:26 PM »
According to the Daily Star we are willing to accept £15m for our star player, with Norwich and Brentford interested.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-transfers-pereira-chelsea-20804586

I hope there is no truth in it but I seriously would not be surprised.

I f this is true then it would prove beyond doubt that the people running the club are inept!

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1855 on: June 13, 2021, 07:22:39 PM »
There's a good old Dutch saying for that. We're thieves from our own wallet!

£15 million = an apple and an egg. Until a monkey brandishing a release clause pops out of Dowling's sleeve, I would put that figure down to the thumb-sucking of some snotty blogger.  ;)

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1856 on: June 13, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »
I just can’t see this being true we may be stupid but not that stupid. We haven’t put a johnny evans clause in have we?

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1857 on: June 13, 2021, 07:39:34 PM »
I’m not buying into the £15million thing.

If the club are asking £20million for our goalkeeper with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see us accepting £15million for Pereira with 4 years remaining on his contract.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1858 on: June 13, 2021, 08:48:58 PM »
I’m not buying into the £15million thing.

If the club are asking £20million for our goalkeeper with 1 year left on his contract, I can’t see us accepting £15million for Pereira with 4 years remaining on his contract.

Me neither.
The Star and the Sun  :D
Nuff said
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1859 on: June 13, 2021, 09:38:03 PM »
If Pereira goes for £15m, I'll never set foot in the Hawthorns again.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1860 on: June 13, 2021, 09:40:21 PM »

In general we never disclose the fee involved.

Unfortunately The people who run the club are inept, as such nothing would surprise me.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1861 on: June 13, 2021, 09:53:47 PM »

It wouldn’t shock me if the initial fee was 15 and then a load of incentives. We all know how clueless we are when it comes to these type of things.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1862 on: June 13, 2021, 10:24:09 PM »
We are owned by aman who paid £200m for the club and is clearly incapable of using a currency conversion site, just saying !!!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1863 on: June 13, 2021, 10:38:03 PM »
Me neither.
The Star and the Sun  :D
Nuff said

I know!!! Why on Earth are people buying into this? It would be beyond ridiculous and there's utterly nothing to back this up.

This price tag came from some rent a gob on radio (talk sport i think?) Just wildly speculating. The tabloid online trash then picked it up as "pundit claims MP could be available for as little as £15m!"... A few days later the papers pick it up.

Its literally the random speculation of someone who is paid to fill airtime.

We may not think much of the directors and such. But they're asking for £20m on SJ because they know the price of an asset. Why on Earth do we think those same people will be happy for £15m for someone who scored/assisted 17 goals in a really poor Prem team? Lets actually stop and think for a moment. Unless being angry on the internet is actually the point?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1864 on: June 13, 2021, 10:46:31 PM »
I know!!! Why on Earth are people buying into this? It would be beyond ridiculous and there's utterly nothing to back this up.

This price tag came from some rent a gob on radio (talk sport i think?) Just wildly speculating. The tabloid online trash then picked it up as "pundit claims MP could be available for as little as £15m!"... A few days later the papers pick it up.

Its literally the random speculation of someone who is paid to fill airtime.

We may not think much of the directors and such. But they're asking for £20m on SJ because they know the price of an asset. Why on Earth do we think those same people will be happy for £15m for someone who scored/assisted 17 goals in a really poor Prem team? Lets actually stop and think for a moment. Unless being angry on the internet is actually the point?

Unless he's got a £15 million release clause, which would be almost double what we paid for him.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1865 on: June 13, 2021, 11:09:44 PM »
Pereira will fetch us a tidy sum should he be sold. And I expect him to be sold this summer.

In spite of my feelings towards our owner, chairman, CEO, board, etc. I know the bottom line with them is money. I dare say they’ll accept nothing less than £30million for our Brazilian playmaker.

The only thing that may keep him at the Hawthorn’s is the possibility of interested parties turning their attention towards European players who shine during the Euro 2020 tournament shop window extravaganza 💷💶

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1866 on: June 14, 2021, 12:20:50 AM »

Unless he's got a £15 million release clause, which would be almost double what we paid for him.

The local journos stated several times the new contract contained no clauses like that.

We paid €10mill, (€1 loan fee + €9 transfer according to Portuguese papers), so anything less than £25 would be terrible risk/reward ratio. Villa buying that Norwich lad for £33-40m has set the tone.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1867 on: June 14, 2021, 07:54:16 AM »

if there is a release clause Dowling should be removed immediately in my book especially after what happened with Evans.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1868 on: June 14, 2021, 08:13:58 AM »
The local journos stated several times the new contract contained no clauses like that.

We paid €10mill, (€1 loan fee + €9 transfer according to Portuguese papers), so anything less than £25 would be terrible risk/reward ratio. Villa buying that Norwich lad for £33-40m has set the tone.

Yeah hard to argue with this, any lower than Buendia then we’re mugging ourselves off. Hopefully he’ll give us a season, don’t blame him if he doesn’t though

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1869 on: June 14, 2021, 08:44:25 AM »
Reports that we want £20m for Johnstone and £15m Pereira would suggest that one or other the reports is bunkum given the length of contracts and difference in talent.

There are two reasons why we might sell Pereira for £15m. Firstly our financial position is dire and we need a large proportion of the fee as cash to cover immediate operating expenses. While I don't think our financial position is great and our owner has very limited ability to put funds into the club I don't think it is that bad. In any event that would apply equally to Johnstone if not more so because of the contract position so we wouldn't be demanding a premium fee for him while selling Pereira on the cheap.

The second is a release clause and £15m might not be wholly unreasonable. Remember this contract was negotiated before he joined the club and was a fringe player at Sporting earning about €6k a week for a reputation for being talented but a little wayward. At the Albion his salary went to £20k a week in the Championship and £40k a week in Premier league at the time a release clause of 15 times that salary would not have been unreasonable.

However given that reports have precluded any release clause I suspect that if there is an offer of £15m on the table for him it is going to be left there.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1870 on: June 16, 2021, 10:19:41 AM »
Confirmation Pereira wont be sold for a daft fee

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/06/16/matheus-pereira-will-not-leave-west-brom-on-the-cheap/

"The Baggies are currently in a state of turmoil following the shock departure of sporting and technical director Luke Dowling on Monday.

Chief executive Xu Ke, meanwhile, has admitted they have faced ‘setbacks’ in their ongoing hunt for a new head coach.

But while the Baggies success on the field will rest on the appointments they make over the next few weeks, the Express & Star understands the club remains in a healthy position financially.

And that means – as well as having a very competitive Championship budget – they will not be forced into selling Pereira on the cheap.

Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting the Baggies would listen to offers in the region of £15million for their Brazilian talisman.

But the Express & Star understands that is not the case with the club’s valuation of the player significantly higher."

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1871 on: June 16, 2021, 10:35:15 AM »
Confirmation Pereira wont be sold for a daft fee

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2021/06/16/matheus-pereira-will-not-leave-west-brom-on-the-cheap/

"The Baggies are currently in a state of turmoil following the shock departure of sporting and technical director Luke Dowling on Monday.

Chief executive Xu Ke, meanwhile, has admitted they have faced ‘setbacks’ in their ongoing hunt for a new head coach.

But while the Baggies success on the field will rest on the appointments they make over the next few weeks, the Express & Star understands the club remains in a healthy position financially.

And that means – as well as having a very competitive Championship budget – they will not be forced into selling Pereira on the cheap.

Reports emerged over the weekend suggesting the Baggies would listen to offers in the region of £15million for their Brazilian talisman.

But the Express & Star understands that is not the case with the club’s valuation of the player significantly higher."
Quick, bury this awful, positive news, it will spoil all the negativity.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1872 on: June 16, 2021, 10:52:23 AM »
Quick, bury this awful, positive news, it will spoil all the negativity.
People are entitled to alternative opinions to yours, so your snarky running commentary on other viewpoints is unnecessary.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1873 on: June 16, 2021, 11:07:59 AM »
People are entitled to alternative opinions to yours, so your snarky running commentary on other viewpoints is unnecessary.
The irony! :D
If there's a snarky running commentary going on it's the "the club's a shambles / joke / embarrassment", "League 1 here we come" "We're going to do a Sunderland" brigade  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1874 on: June 16, 2021, 11:11:47 AM »
The irony! :D
If there's a snarky running commentary going on it's the "the club's a shambles / joke / embarrassment", "League 1 here we come" "We're going to do a Sunderland" brigade  :D

Spot on. Everyone is so quick to jump to negative conclusions. Mini Meltdown in the ST thread for example.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.