Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 467078 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #1675 on: August 29, 2021, 05:25:19 PM »
One of his better games defensively yesterday although his passing was still shocking, hoofed it anywhere without looking half of the time.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1676 on: August 29, 2021, 05:34:40 PM »
One of his better games defensively yesterday although his passing was still shocking, hoofed it anywhere without looking half of the time.

This is what winds me up the most. On more than one occasion yesterday he just lumped it aimlessly up the field without looking when we could have done with him taking the ball down and maybe picking out a pass. What i will say is he isn't the only one who does this though.
Smethwick..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1677 on: September 19, 2021, 11:23:22 AM »
How many more games must we endure Jake Livermore?  He never scores and never creates.  Every game in this division we must be aiming to win, and that involve unlocking packed defences.  At 0-0 the game is in the balance and puts our team on edge.

Previously we've had goal scoring midfielders in this division, think Koumas, Koren, Greening, Gera, Texeira, Pereira etc.  It forces teams to come out at us.

Why can't we use Moloumby, Snodgrass, or the Portuguese kid?

It's the one thing we can change and influence. 

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1678 on: September 19, 2021, 11:54:43 AM »
I don't think we have anybody that does the part of the job Livermore does. Yes we might well improve on him, but we are never going to get a 'Livermore' that creates and scores many as well as doing the job he is asked to do. Works ok with Mowatt for me, but the pair of them could do with some more support at times towards the back end of games. Another body in the middle might just set up a goal or help hang on to a lead, but it is horses for courses.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1679 on: September 19, 2021, 12:06:16 PM »
How many more games must we endure Jake Livermore?  He never scores and never creates.  Every game in this division we must be aiming to win, and that involve unlocking packed defences.  At 0-0 the game is in the balance and puts our team on edge.

Previously we've had goal scoring midfielders in this division, think Koumas, Koren, Greening, Gera, Texeira, Pereira etc.  It forces teams to come out at us.

Why can't we use Moloumby, Snodgrass, or the Portuguese kid?

It's the one thing we can change and influence.

Livermore isn't an attacking midfielder.  Snodgrass is no improvement.  The other two we have to trust the manager and when we have seen glimpses of them they've looked out of their depth.  What we don't need in the middle of the park, under Val's system, is someone who thinks doing Zidane turns in the middle of the pitch is a good idea.  Livermore's job is to reinforce the midfield and scrap for second balls - that's the way Val plays.

Look, imagine we had Pierera in this team instead of Livermore and he spent 80 mins watching the ball sail back and forth over his head.  He'd be ineffective at best.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1680 on: September 19, 2021, 12:08:42 PM »
Has Molumby made an appearance yet?

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1681 on: September 19, 2021, 12:24:39 PM »
Has Molumby made an appearance yet?
No, but it's high time that he did, otherwise why did we sign him? The stuttering performances of late mean that we should be looking at some squad rotation. Snodgrass will be leaving at the end of the season, so I think Molumby should be above him in the pecking order.

I remain excited to see what the high-octane combination of Mowatt and Molumby can do; there's every chance that they will complement each other hugely.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1682 on: September 19, 2021, 12:29:38 PM »
Livermore is awful. Slow, cumbersome and looks so uncomfortable with the ball at his feet. Runs around a lot but squanders possession too often. If Molumby can’t oust him then why on earth was he signed?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1683 on: September 19, 2021, 12:46:35 PM »
No, but it's high time that he did, otherwise why did we sign him? The stuttering performances of late mean that we should be looking at some squad rotation. Snodgrass will be leaving at the end of the season, so I think Molumby should be above him in the pecking order.

I remain excited to see what the high-octane combination of Mowatt and Molumby can do; there's every chance that they will complement each other hugely.

I agree, feels like we are SLIGHTLY going back to the 'board and Bilic' days but it's now the 'board and Ismael', just signing players for the sake of it and then not playing them.

If we signed him and apparently want him to sign next season on a permanent he needs to be playing or given a chance at the very least.

Snodgrass AND Livermore out at end of season hopefully.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1684 on: September 19, 2021, 01:10:28 PM »
I agree, feels like we are SLIGHTLY going back to the 'board and Bilic' days but it's now the 'board and Ismael', just signing players for the sake of it and then not playing them.

If we signed him and apparently want him to sign next season on a permanent he needs to be playing or given a chance at the very least.
It's certainly an odd situation that he's been making international appearances for Ireland this season and yet can't get on the pitch for a Championship side that hasn't won in 3 games and at least one of our central midfielders must need a breather by now.

Molumby's all-action approach is perfect for Valerien's style of play, so it makes even less sense that he won't give him a chance to show what he can do.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1685 on: September 19, 2021, 01:12:25 PM »
Livermore was MoM yesterday no ifs or buts . Might not have been too difficult but people have been moaning about him for sometime yet third game in a week and he was comfortably better than his teammates yesterday
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1686 on: September 19, 2021, 01:14:12 PM »
It's certainly an odd situation that he's been making international appearances for Ireland this season and yet can't get on the pitch for a Championship side that hasn't won in 3 games and at least one of our central midfielders must need a breather by now.

Molumby's all-action approach is perfect for Valerien's style of play, so it makes even less sense that he won't give him a chance to show what he can do.
I think he should be playing as well as Livermore or Mowatt not instead of one or other of them

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1687 on: September 19, 2021, 01:15:27 PM »
Livermore was MoM yesterday no ifs or buts . Might not have been too difficult but people have been moaning about him for sometime yet third game in a week and he was comfortably better than his teammates yesterday

He was woeful. Could name 7 or 8 better. We had a 3 on 2 break in the 2nd half but as soon as I saw it was Livermore carrying the ball out I knew it would come to nothing. Needless to say he held onto the ball too long then underhit the easy pass.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1688 on: September 19, 2021, 03:06:42 PM »

It won't matter - to some if he gives the ball away just once in a match it's "woeful Livermore", where other players can give it away much more cheaply all over the pitch and not a peep.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1689 on: September 19, 2021, 03:37:41 PM »
He was woeful. Could name 7 or 8 better. We had a 3 on 2 break in the 2nd half but as soon as I saw it was Livermore carrying the ball out I knew it would come to nothing. Needless to say he held onto the ball too long then underhit the easy pass.
Oh yes Livermore was woeful , but lets keep Hugill in the team. Laughs out loud , obviously a joke. You just can't stand it when one of your ' targets ' is doing OK can you.
Here mate I'll have a go along similar lines.
Let's keep Reach in the team he ay very good but at least he's the best player we have every had from Sheffield Wednesday  ;)
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1690 on: September 19, 2021, 03:50:56 PM »

So predictable, yet just not true.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1691 on: September 19, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
It won't matter - to some if he gives the ball away just once in a match it's "woeful Livermore", where other players can give it away much more cheaply all over the pitch and not a peep.

When has he ever given the ball away “just once”?!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1692 on: September 19, 2021, 05:35:10 PM »
You could name 7 or 8 better …. But you’d be wrong !

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1693 on: September 20, 2021, 01:07:09 PM »
Not a fan of Livermore in the PL at all, but he's always been somewhere between OK and decent in the Championship in my opinion.

Personally I feel if you think he was awful on Saturday you've probably already made your mind up about his performance before the game starts, and are then watching with that mindset and waiting for him to make an error.

I'd like to see Molumby start ahead of him just to see what he can offer and to freshen it up a little, but as someone who isn't particularly a fan of Livermore's I thought he was fine at the weekend

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1694 on: September 20, 2021, 02:18:36 PM »
Not a fan of Livermore in the PL at all, but he's always been somewhere between OK and decent in the Championship in my opinion.

Personally I feel if you think he was awful on Saturday you've probably already made your mind up about his performance before the game starts, and are then watching with that mindset and waiting for him to make an error.

I'd like to see Molumby start ahead of him just to see what he can offer and to freshen it up a little, but as someone who isn't particularly a fan of Livermore's I thought he was fine at the weekend
That sir, is a very fair post. you have expressed your preference for Molumby to have his chance, without resorting to disrespecting Livermore in the way that many do on here.
He has been fine this season so far.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1695 on: September 20, 2021, 02:55:23 PM »
Watch Preston's first goal back and concentrate on Jake Livermore. Shot from edge of the box, after slow build up play, so where was the defensive midfielder who should be protecting that space and closing down? Well he was five yards behind the play having a stroll putting his hand in the air and shouting at the ref after a period of ball watching, awful positioning and failure to appreciate the danger. Then you watch our highlights of us breaking on Preston the other way with Grant playing Hudgell in and Phillips playing Grady in. Where is Livermore? Nowhere to be seen of course.

He doesn't offer anything in attack and doesn't defend properly either, so what are we left with? Square root of bugger all. The fact is that relegation and failure massively helps poor players like Jake as it gives him an opportunity to play some football for us on a contract he couldn't get elsewhere.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1696 on: September 21, 2021, 11:50:34 AM »
I'm not trying to defend Jake but it's probably worth remembering what led to that goal by Preston. A god awful, lazy casual pass from Matt Phillips which should have gone to Mowatt so we could play out from there.

It was a shocking ball and Ajayi should hold his head in shame for his lame attempt of a block. He then fell to the ground while holding his head in the hope of a free kick when there was little if any contact.

Both central midfielders were completely cut out of play as a result of Phillips being slack with Mowatt the deeper of the two. At least Jake got a foot on it as he tried to close the Preston player down.

Mowatt also has a chance to close it down and doesn't. Kylle Bartley's attempt to block the shot was hardly convincing either. Collective failure. To single Jake Livermore out for the first goal is beyond harsh. It's also wrong in my very honest opinion.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1697 on: September 21, 2021, 11:58:01 AM »
I'm not trying to defend Jake but it's probably worth remembering what led to that goal by Preston. A god awful, lazy casual pass from Matt Phillips which should have gone to Mowatt so we could play out from there.

It was a shocking ball and Ajayi should hold his head in shame for his lame attempt of a block. He then fell to the ground while holding his head in the hope of a free kick when there was little if any contact.

Both central midfielders were completely cut out of play as a result of Phillips being slack with Mowatt the deeper of the two. At least Jake got a foot on it as he tried to close the Preston player down.

Mowatt also has a chance to close it down and doesn't. Kylle Bartley's attempt to block the shot was hardly convincing either. Collective failure. To single Jake Livermore out for the first goal is beyond harsh. It's also wrong in my very honest opinion.

Bartley annoyed me here. It was one of those half hearted, barely committed attempts at a block. Contrast that with one Townsend made in the same game or indeed the one that Bartley made in the last minute at Wolves last season. If he puts the same intensity into the block on Saturday Preston dont score.

It's not putting in that extra 5%. I absolutely guarantee if that's O'Shea or Clarke they dont score that goal.

Yes there were other errors in the lead up but the lack of  desire to defend the goal annoyed me most

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: September 21, 2021, 12:12:21 PM »

Phillips at fault there all day long, then Ajayi bottled what was, to be fair, a high challenge, no direct blame on Livermore.

A few minutes later however, following a tremendous challenge by Townsend, Livermore and Ajayi (AGAIN) almost conspired to set up a second by faffing about on the edge of our box.

Livermore's just not good enough, defensively, to make up for his shortcomings going forward, so I would like to see us try an alternative.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1699 on: September 21, 2021, 12:17:37 PM »
Quote from: seteefeet

A few minutes later however, following a tremendous challenge by Townsend, Livermore and Ajayi (AGAIN) almost conspired to set up a second by faffing about on the edge of our box.

They did yeah. Ajayi again was awful. Does he put cloggs on his feet? The ball just seems to go anywhere when he strikes it and his and Bartley's headers are the same. They are both about 6'5" and cant control a header, most of our attacks break down before they start.