Author Topic: FORMULA ONE THREAD  (Read 45314 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: FORMULA ONE THREAD
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 10:31:39 AM »
While they are in the news cycle, Haas have announced Formula 2 driver Nikita Mazepin will be one of their drivers for next season, meaning at least one of Romain Grosjean or Kevin Magnussen will not have a seat at the team. Despite the 2nd driver not being announced yet, both have stated a potential desire for Indycar, so maybe both will go to the states for 2021?

Edit:- after further research, both Grosjean and Magnussen will leave Haas and have had open talks with Indycar teams. I can’t find if it’ll be full seasons or part time work like Alonso only doing the Indy500.

I am pretty sure both will get full season rides in the Indycar series, F1 drivers are quite sought after. I remember watching Mansell taking to it like a duck to water in 93, winning the title. He was also the F1 world champion as well so it was quite an achievement. I prefer Indycarts to F1, the racing is more open and exciting.
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
I am pretty sure both will get full season rides in the Indycar series, F1 drivers are quite sought after. I remember watching Mansell taking to it like a duck to water in 93, winning the title. He was also the F1 world champion as well so it was quite an achievement. I prefer Indycarts to F1, the racing is more open and exciting.
it depends on who has the money, I believe a lot of the teams have already sewn up their drivers too but McLaren might run another car? Especially with Magnussen due to his relationship and history with them. Shame Stewart Haas don’t have an Indycar team but one of the drivers could turn to NASCAR like Montoya did, problem again is Haas have 3-4 drivers already for next year.

Just checked the wiki for 2021 and the only open Indycar position left is for a road driver at Ed Carpenter Racing, so unless there is a 3rd car somewhere on offer that is the only open seat for the season.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 11:14:21 AM by Hunnington Baggie »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »
Grosjean would not have a Season anyway so that crash ended his Career. Obviously Grosjean wasn't the best driver but it is sad to any F1 Driver have a huge crash that ends there career
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2020, 11:19:16 AM »
Grosjean would not have a Season anyway so that crash ended his Career. Obviously Grosjean wasn't the best driver but it is sad to any F1 Driver have a huge crash that ends there career
but it is The most Grosjean way he could have ended it!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »
but it is The most Grosjean way he could have ended it!
Yes True but maybe had he been in a better car he might have proved his talent

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2020, 11:59:36 AM »
He had the Renault/Lotus for several years and did show promise, matching Raikonen fairly consistently in the 2012/13 seasons, however even then he was accident prone and lost points over his team mate due to lack of consistency. And the less said about the 2 season double act with Pastor Maldonaldo the better.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2020, 01:26:25 PM »
Lewis Hamilton to miss Sakhir GP after testing positive for coronavirus

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55142428
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2020, 04:41:32 PM »

If he had been in Lewis Hamilton’s car he could have been World Champion.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2020, 05:30:00 PM »
If he had been in Lewis Hamilton’s car he could have been World Champion.

erm? like Bottas ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2020, 11:48:45 AM »
Mick Schumacher (Micheal Schumacher’s son) will drive for Haas next season. He is the 3rd Formula 2 champion to make the step up after Charles Leclerc and George Russell.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55156088

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »
so Hamiltons car is fastest in first practice despite having George Russell who is a relative novice driving.

I don't think this helps F1's image at all
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »
so Hamiltons car is fastest in first practice despite having George Russell who is a relative novice driving.

I don't think this helps F1's image at all
Or Mercedes trying to disprove the fact it is the Car or any people saying it is Hamilton not the car. All I can say to George Russell is good luck he has the pressure of being in the fastest car on the grid driven by a 7 Time World Champion the guy which will Russell will probably replace. I hope to see him, Norris is McLaren can get back to Competing for Titles, Riccardo and Verstappen all competing for the Championship One Day. I do hope Russell makes good of a chance to impress so maybe they can hire him in two years time as I think Hamilton will try to go for an Eighth Title. Who is driving at Williams to replace Russell anyway

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2020, 04:56:04 PM »
erm? like Bottas ?

Not like Bottas, who has to drive to team orders. F1 these days is rather like a glorified Formula Ford.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2020, 03:20:51 PM »
Excuse the plagiarism, "Behind every F1 Champion driver, is a great car" difficult to have one without the other.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2020, 04:51:04 PM »
Yes, but there have been times when there has been more than one ‘great’ (competitive) car on the grid; not the case in the Hamilton era, though.

Must be careful, though, criticism of Mr Hamilton would appear to be politically unacceptable.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2020, 06:44:23 PM »
Yes, but there have been times when there has been more than one ‘great’ (competitive) car on the grid; not the case in the Hamilton era, though.

Must be careful, though, criticism of Mr Hamilton would appear to be politically unacceptable.

Just thought I'd pop in to see if there were views on Hamilton's understudy but politics again bought to another topic. Boring.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2020, 10:36:00 AM »
Any one else wondering how convenient the tyre mix up and puncture were?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2020, 09:09:49 AM »
So the top three of the Abu Dhabi GP finished in the exact same order that they started.

What a riveting race.
MAGA!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »
So the top three of the Abu Dhabi GP finished in the exact same order that they started.

What a riveting race.

Worst race of the season, following the best the week before.
Baggie in Southampton

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2020, 09:54:23 AM »

What a riveting race.
Yas Marina is never a great race, it’s a Tilke design that presents very few overtaking opportunities. everyone knows this but it makes the leagues absolute bank so everyone goes there, even RallyCross!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2020, 09:59:06 AM »
Yas Marina is never a great race, it’s a Tilke design that presents very few overtaking opportunities. everyone knows this but it makes the leagues absolute bank so everyone goes there, even RallyCross!

I thought when Ecclestone left the new owners were going to make it more exciting, whereas they have managed the complete opposite.

and many say oval racing is boring.......I love it personally, masses of close wheel overtaking there, and a different winner most weeks.
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2020, 10:37:10 AM »
I thought when Ecclestone left the new owners were going to make it more exciting, whereas they have managed the complete opposite.

and many say oval racing is boring.......I love it personally, masses of close wheel overtaking there, and a different winner most weeks.
much of the rule changes are due for 2022 (was going to be next year but was delayed for obvious reasons). Include spending caps and changes to aero including the reintroduction of ground effect that will make them harder to control and easier to make overtaking opportunities. Not saying it’ll work but they are trying.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2021, 12:54:45 PM »
Hamilton signed a fat new contract, could he please now move back to the UK and pay his taxes properly, I'm sure it would cover quite a few nurses wages for a year if he did that instead of lecturing everyone about this and that.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
lets hope Hamilton fails from now on
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2021, 01:18:51 PM »
Hamilton signed a fat new contract, could he please now move back to the UK and pay his taxes properly, I'm sure it would cover quite a few nurses wages for a year if he did that instead of lecturing everyone about this and that.

Brilliant, something else I don't need to watch this year.......
MAGA!