Author Topic: Roy Hodgson  (Read 143591 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Could Hodgson be sacked?
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »
I think part of the reason Gera's here is to do with Roy. Although Zolly has an undoubted affection for Albion, another manager might not recognise the part he can play. I think an Albion side with Gera and Brunt would be alot more creative, which is what we're missing now.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »
I think part of the reason Gera's here is to do with Roy. Although Zolly has an undoubted affection for Albion, another manager might not recognise the part he can play. I think an Albion side with Gera and Brunt would be alot more creative, which is what we're missing now.

Was it not a tad foolish to pin all our hopes on a 32 year old with dodgy knees staying fit all season?
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2012, 02:42:15 PM »
Can someone please tell me how we have progressed in the last 12 months? How many of our players have improved with Hodgson's coaching? Does the team spirit and morale look better or worse than it did in March / April / May last year?

Were more organised and harder to beat. Sadly that doesn't win you football matches. More than a few of our players seem to have stagnated although a couple may have improved. Morrison and Mulumbu. Overall I would sum up the stuff were being served up at home as dross. Can Roy improve this? I would still say yes and if he does I think we will stay up.......just. Is Roy the future Im not convinced. For me a Chris Hughton, Gus Poyet or a Brendon Rogers is more likely to entertain.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Were more organised and harder to beat. Sadly that doesn't win you football matches. More than a few of our players seem to have stagnated although a couple may have improved. Morrison and Mulumbu. Overall I would sum up the stuff were being served up at home as dross. Can Roy improve this? I would still say yes and if he does I think we will stay up.......just. Is Roy the future Im not convinced. For me a Chris Hughton, Gus Poyet or a Brendon Rogers is more likely to entertain.
were do you get that from? we look pretty easy to beat at the hawthorns and i have seen more organisation in a sip up in a brewery!!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2012, 03:05:32 PM »
were do you get that from? we look pretty easy to beat at the hawthorns and i have seen more organisation in a sip up in a brewery!!

Anyone who watched our defending under RDM should be able to see the improvement in our defensive shape and organisation. Do you ever go to games? Obviously didnt see the Man City home game for example. No the problem is at the other end 9 goals all season!!! Weve robbed Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Take the weekend. Yes we were outplayed by a superior side but we still failed with three sitters before we managed to score! and the PO missed an open goal at the death. I think your possibly making your assumptions on your frustration at our failure rather than what is really happening

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
Can someone please tell me how we have progressed in the last 12 months? How many of our players have improved with Hodgson's coaching? Does the team spirit and morale look better or worse than it did in March / April / May last year?
Amen to that >:(
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »
Anyone who watched our defending under RDM should be able to see the improvement in our defensive shape and organisation. Do you ever go to games? Obviously didnt see the Man City home game for example. No the problem is at the other end 9 goals all season!!! Weve robbed Peter to pay Paul so to speak. Take the weekend. Yes we were outplayed by a superior side but we still failed with three sitters before we managed to score! and the PO missed an open goal at the death. I think your possibly making your assumptions on your frustration at our failure rather than what is really happening
mate how dare you ask me if i go to the games i have missed about 4 home games in about 37 years so dont you question me about going because i disagree with what you say!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 03:46:19 PM by OldburyWBA »

Boinggg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2012, 04:04:39 PM »
After 12 home games last season we had conceded 19. At the same point this season we have conceded 16.

At the other end, last season by now at home we had scored 18, this season only 9... 

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »
After 12 home games last season we had conceded 19. At the same point this season we have conceded 16.

At the other end, last season by now at home we had scored 18, this season only 9...

What about the points on the board at this stage
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #334 on: February 07, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »

so a great improvement then? conceeded 3 less goals and scored 9 less so it looks like we have gone backwards then. thanks for the stats

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #335 on: February 07, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
so a great improvement then? conceeded 3 less goals and scored 9 less so it looks like we have gone backwards then. thanks for the stats

So called better players and a better manager we now have, maybe the quality of the league is better?
Personally i would say the league is worse in quality

To cautious at home, just not good enough irrelevant that we are better away.We need to be more clinical in front of goal, its not as if we dont get any chances ay Pete

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #336 on: February 07, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
mate how dare you ask me if i go to the games i have missed about 4 home games in about 37 years so dont you question me about going because i disagree with what you say!!

Well if youve only missed that many games in 37 years i assume you were at the Man City game for example. Therefore you should be able to see how the way we play has changed. As for daring to question your comments that is the point of having a discussion board. If you are unable to deal with people questioning and challenging your comments then maybe you should consider an alternative. After all I was merely responding to your original reaction to my thread comment ???

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #337 on: February 07, 2012, 04:24:08 PM »
Well if youve only missed that many games in 37 years i assume you were at the Man City game for example. Therefore you should be able to see how the way we play has changed. As for daring to question your comments that is the point of having a discussion board. If you are unable to deal with people questioning and challenging your comments then maybe you should consider an alternative. After all I was merely responding to your original reaction to my thread comment ???
why because i disagree with you do you ask if i go to games? i have seen more football in my life than you ever will and dont tell me to find an alternative either look at the stats and tell me how we have improved?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:25:02 PM by OldburyWBA »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #338 on: February 07, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »
why because i disagree with you do you ask if i go to games? i have seen more football in my life than you ever will and don't tell me to find an alternative either look at the stats and tell me how we have improved?

Statistics are nothing more the an historical reference from which you can draw what you want. Does Roy spend all his working week in his office looking at statistics to find the answer! No I thought not. I would imagine he is too busy on the training pitch coaching the players to become a better defending and attacking a team that wins more games. Its what he sees the players doing day in day out that shapes his thinking. Fact WBA have one of the best away records in the league and probably the poorest at home. Does Roy think were better defensively? my guess is he does. Does he think we lack a cutting edge and composure in front of goal at home? my guess is he does.
You should congratulate yourself for watching more football than I ever will it obviously makes you eminently more qualified than most of us to comment on here!

Boinggg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #339 on: February 07, 2012, 04:49:52 PM »

What about the points on the board at this stage

24 games 26 points were on at the moment in 15th place, after 24 games last season we were also on 26 points in 16th place.

The difference is this season we've gained 18 points away, last season only 8 away.
Last season at this point gained 18 points at home compared to this years 8 points.

So conclusively, we have done a direct switch with home form and away form from this season to last.

make of it what you wish, i think people are more unhappy as people tend to go home games more, would be interesting to see a survey differentiating between away STH's and Home STH's.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #340 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
24 games 26 points were on at the moment in 15th place, after 24 games last season we were also on 26 points in 16th place.

The difference is this season we've gained 18 points away, last season only 8 away.
Last season at this point gained 18 points at home compared to this years 8 points.

So conclusively, we have done a direct switch with home form and away form from this season to last.

make of it what you wish, i think people are more unhappy as people tend to go home games more, would be interesting to see a survey differentiating between away STH's and Home STH's.

Well for me if you want to keep the majority of your fans happy you have to get your home form right.Personally with so called better players in a worse league we have gone backwards.Roy needs to revert back to the system of last season and fast
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:58:42 PM by WBAinDEVON »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #341 on: February 07, 2012, 06:01:44 PM »

Well for me if you want to keep the majority of your fans happy you have to get your home form right.Personally with so called better players in a worse league we have gone backwards.Roy needs to revert back to the system of last season and fast

I agree with you WBA he should consider it. Although we should just keep what were already doing away from home. We've tried to fix something that possibly wasn't broken once already?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: February 08, 2012, 08:10:57 AM »
Statistics are nothing more the an historical reference from which you can draw what you want. Does Roy spend all his working week in his office looking at statistics to find the answer! No I thought not. I would imagine he is too busy on the training pitch coaching the players to become a better defending and attacking a team that wins more games. Its what he sees the players doing day in day out that shapes his thinking. Fact WBA have one of the best away records in the league and probably the poorest at home. Does Roy think were better defensively? my guess is he does. Does he think we lack a cutting edge and composure in front of goal at home? my guess is he does.
You should congratulate yourself for watching more football than I ever will it obviously makes you eminently more qualified than most of us to comment on here!
no not most of them on here just you. and i said you look at the stats not roy der. you are begining to wind me up now.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #343 on: February 08, 2012, 11:27:33 AM »

That's what's worries me.  We're no better off this season that last.  Yet the league is supposedly weaker and we have a much better squad.  Look how the fans got on Carson's back last season, we've replaced him.  We've brought in Long, Gera, Dawson, Jones, MacAuley and Foster.  The football has got worse, the goals have dried up and we're still shipping far too many.

If we'd kept going as we did towards the end of last season and with the new personnel you can't help but feel we should be doing better than we are.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #344 on: February 08, 2012, 01:46:17 PM »

The only true statistical comparison could be drawn if we had also played the exact same fixtures at this stage (and even they would be flawed as they would not take into account if the opposition had improved or got worse)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #345 on: February 08, 2012, 04:04:50 PM »
The only true statistical comparison could be drawn if we had also played the exact same fixtures at this stage (and even they would be flawed as they would not take into account if the opposition had improved or got worse)

Just my point VV I think the only thing that really matters in professional football is the next game and how you prepare for it not what happened last week or month or what you think might happen in future. Then if at the end of the season you've won the league you can take a bow.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #346 on: February 08, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
Well Capello has certainly caused a problem now.
Will the f-a still go to Harry , will harry want to go now rather than wait .
Has Cappelo timed it to cause a problem (very oneilesque :D)
?
WILL ROY BE THE CHEAPER/EASIER/SHORT TERM ANSWER ?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:33:19 PM by zippyandbungle »
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

westbrom girlsall

« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2012, 02:28:20 PM »
I think he should be asked to leave the dressing room right now

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2012, 03:24:28 PM »
Got it spot on today. See we do know what we are talking about.

Please keep it the same in the remaining games.

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
I think he has us playing a brand of football that should be winning more games than it has.
We would have to be right up there in regards to points lost from a winning position this season.
If we showed a bit more fortitude then we would be in the top 8-10 clubs easily this season. Roy hasn't done a lot wrong for mine.