0 (0%)
Jordan Hugill
1 (3.8%)
Adam Reach
1 (3.8%)
Matt Phillips
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 26 Nov 2021 Albion 0 Nottingham Forest 0  (Read 25118 times)

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: November 26, 2021, 11:58:37 PM »
Fans now starting to vote with their feet. Maybe the owners will start to take notice but I very much doubt it.
Gera, Gera, Gera

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #376 on: November 27, 2021, 06:23:39 AM »
Another thing. I’m really uncomfortable with the booing of Bong tonight.

Not a good look

Jaysus,
With everything else going on at the club somebody's all woked (its not a spelling mistake) up about the baracking of an opponent.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OverLandAndSea

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2021, 08:16:32 AM »
Jaysus,
With everything else going on at the club somebody's all woked (its not a spelling mistake) up about the baracking of an opponent.

I typed 14 words to make an observation, I’m not exactly running round screaming slowly taking my clothes off in a heightened state of distress.

I’m possibly the least “woke” person in the world, but booing someone who thought he heard someone racially abusing him and shouted up about it really isn’t exactly what I’d call woke.

I’m surprised you have ability to post on here over there in 1973
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:18:56 AM by OverLandAndSea »

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2021, 08:24:03 AM »
To get back to the football
I think the only observation I want make is that two midfielders plainly does not work. They are constantly over run and reduced to late desperate lunges to try and disrupt or win the ball back which leads to multiple yellow and red cards. Carry on like this and we will run out of fieldable midfielders by Christmas
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
Every game is a disappointment. No signs whatsoever of progress; just the reverse.

It’s a poor squad - our worst in 20 years - and that should surely be dawning on everyone by now. But by the same token it is underperforming, and the manager isn’t showing he has any idea how to get out of the rut.

Some of the signings have been utterly awful - downgrades in almost every department in the past three or four years. The latest one - Hugill - must be one of the worst strikers we’ve ever seen at the club. And we’ve had some really poor ones since the mid-1980s.

We won’t be staying in the top six for much longer on current form. I’m more pessimistic about the club now than at any time since the pre-Megson era.

The managers system has created 60 shots at goal in the last 3 matches, only about 12 on target and no goals. So how can you blame the manager for the rubbish forward players we have.

The fact is that our players are utter rubbish. In the premiershipp last season these players were being battered by 5 in every other match. It only changed when Sam got his loan players in.

The owner has no interest in spending money. I think he must have an hidden agenda of getting all his money back as quick as possible and if that means selling players and not buying players then so be it.

Hugill was a last minute desperate loan signing. I was never a fan of Charlie Austin but I would have him back tomorrow.

These players are heading in only one direction and thats what they and the club deserve.

I'm afraid its the championship for us for the next 5 seasons at least !!!

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2021, 09:27:45 AM »
There are plenty out there, Farke, Lampard, McInnes OGS to name just a few anyone of them would get a better tune out of the squad than this clown is getting.  Just heard his after match comments, same old rubbish he always spouts.

We are not an attractive prospect.  Owner who doesn't spend money, team of very average championship players, aclub who have the worst manager retention record in the league.

The options you mentioned, Lampard and OGS would never step down to the championship after managing top 4 teams. Farke probably realises there are better options around Europe.  McInnes  ............  really !!!!

So basically there are no alternatives !!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2021, 09:50:50 AM »
Don’t see that much if any of tonight is VIs fault, I wouldn’t have taken Diangana off but hey ho . It wasn’t the manager missing chances ,over hitting crosses , getting sent off . Time our support started looking at the real culprits and not for the easy scapegoat . As for plenty good enough to go up I beg to differ certainly as regards automatic , this team is at a conservative estimate 15 points worse than Bilics and that just scraped in .If Kipre , Robinson , Phillips , Grant , Hughill are the making of a promotion squad I’m in the wrong game
He coaches them, picks them and decides tactics, shape and intent. If we were playing well but missing chances ok, but we aren't, it is horrible to watch. Frenetic, disorganised and confused and that comes down to the coach.
If that Hugill miss, which was inexcusable, had gone in it would have been another awful performance, we would just have nicked 3 points instead of 1.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2021, 10:31:28 AM »
The managers system has created 60 shots at goal in the last 3 matches, only about 12 on target and no goals. So how can you blame the manager for the rubbish forward players we have.

The fact is that our players are utter rubbish. In the premiershipp last season these players were being battered by 5 in every other match. It only changed when Sam got his loan players in.

The owner has no interest in spending money. I think he must have an hidden agenda of getting all his money back as quick as possible and if that means selling players and not buying players then so be it.

Hugill was a last minute desperate loan signing. I was never a fan of Charlie Austin but I would have him back tomorrow.

These players are heading in only one direction and thats what they and the club deserve.

I'm afraid its the championship for us for the next 5 seasons at least !!!

I don’t disagree. Except that five years might be over optimistic. It was 16 years last time we were this bad.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2021, 10:37:12 AM »
I think there's too much hyperbole being written about our recent performances, which seems to have led on to a torches and pitchforks mentality regarding the manager. In the pre-match forum, some people were concerned that Forest were going to play us off the park and 2-0 and 3-0 defeats were being predicted. As it turned out, we were hugely dominant up until the sending off, but even there were the better side over 90 minutes.

Our main problem currently is that the players have no composure in front of goal, something which I imagine is being exacerbated by them regularly being booed at present. Our 5 forwards are all playing badly at the same time, which is inevitably going to cause us problems in terms of scoring. However, to claim that we didn't have chances last night is simply untrue. I can remember 4 clear-cut chances and there were probably others too.

The 2 full-backs overhitting most of their crosses is also an issue. The question is to what extent is all of this the fault of Valerien Ismael? In my view, less so than many are making out. We now have a week until our next game and he said he's going to focus on our attacking play, so let's see what comes out of that. Whoever is to blame, we badly need a goal.

On the plus side, for all the pre-match comments about how superior Forest were going to be, they never really looked a threat until Molumby was sent off and, with Fulham and Bournemouth yet to play this weekend, they are the only 2 sides in the division to have conceded fewer goals than us.

As someone who's advocated strongly for Molumby, I thought he was mostly poor last night. He looks to pass backwards too much and didn't provide the spark that I thought he would, which was more of a problem as Mowatt isn't the player that he was earlier in the season. Of course Mowatt having to play 3 games in a week after being out for a month won't have helped him. We simply don't have enough central midfielders in the squad. Returning to Molumby, his rash challenge means we're going to have a problem in central midfield next weekend and it makes it easier for Valerien to turn back to Livermore in the game after that. I hope he doesn't but I'm pretty sure that he will. Molumby has blown his big chance really.

We've lost 4 games out of 20 thus far, so I don't really understand the extent and vitriol of the criticism that Valerien is receiving. Whilst we didn't create much at Huddesfield, we did have clearcut chances against both Blackpool and Forest and, with better finishing, we could have scored 2 or 3 in both of those games. Therefore, for me, our current form is a slump and not a crisis, and I certainly don't believe the calls for the manager to be sacked are warranted. We lack a goalscorer and don't have enough players in some positions. I don't blame Valerien for that, the Board simply didn't provide the funds needed in the summer, so I think the vast majority of the brickbats should be reserved for them.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »
Yes, last night was frustrating to the nth degree.  But football is always frustrating if you don't score goals, as that's the whole point.  However we are not conceding, we are mixing up the way we play and we are creating chances, maybe not open goal tap ins but decent and if you are not conceding you only have to take ONE chance. That changes everything! I notice Fulhams first game without Mitovich was also 0-0.

The manager doesn't have many options in regards to his squad selection so, rightly or wrongly, he is digging in and waiting for those chances to be taken which will turn draws into wins.  From that perspective we are not far off.

I've followed the club for over 30 years. Yes its frustrating but isn't the worst football I have seen by far.  It certainly isn't the worst squad of players either but I don't recall seeing one so unbalanced after spending money.  We put out a £40 million strike force last night which didn't include a CF!  And aside from Hugil, whose signing has been a disaster, the only other CF we have is earning £1 million a year to play under 23's football occasionally.   Taking this into account I don't think it matters if you play 542, 442, 433 etc No matter what formation you play it will still not have a CF!!!

So yep, call for the managers head if it helps ease your annoyance but it's just not realistic.   Long term contract, in the mix for promotion, no funds available for any new managers coming in.  At some point the fan base will just have to get behind Val as he is going nowhere whilst these owners are in place.

And OGS......really!!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:54:02 AM by Oldbury24 »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2021, 10:54:01 AM »
WorcsWBA and Oldbury24, great posts. Many of us are (understandably) getting very frustrated with how things are panning out under VI but I think we have to accept that once again the board have let the club down badly in terms of recruitment and - at the very least - not having any strikers is just inexcusable.

No one in the board has a clue what they are doing and if the holes aren't plugged in January, that's when we really need to get worried.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2021, 11:25:00 AM »
Abysmal. Don’t think we ever looked close to winning that game. Just another abysmal performance to add to the growing list.

Fair play to them for the last 20 minutes or so as thought we defended excellently. Utter brain dead decision from Molumby however.

As for that Hugill chance - I have no words.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2021, 11:35:09 AM »
We somehow need to get more bodies into the box and arriving into the box when we are building our attacks, which usually come down the flanks. Townsend, Furlong or whoever it is have practically nobody to pick out. Whoever is the 'central striker' tends to be too deep, there are no midfield runners arriving into the box probably because the two midfielders are over-worked...and the wide attackers whether Grant, Diangana or whoever don't seem to take up goal scoring positions.

I will say I'm finding the football generally an easier watch compared to the Valball/Bingo-Ball/Chaos-ball of early season. We are at least trying to play some football.
Another issue is, in early season every set piece was looking dangerous but now we don't really look like scoring, apart from Diangana's effort last night.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2021, 11:46:10 AM »
We somehow need to get more bodies into the box and arriving into the box when we are building our attacks, which usually come down the flanks. Townsend, Furlong or whoever it is have practically nobody to pick out. Whoever is the 'central striker' tends to be too deep, there are no midfield runners arriving into the box probably because the two midfielders are over-worked...and the wide attackers whether Grant, Diangana or whoever don't seem to take up goal scoring positions.
I will say I'm finding the football generally an easier watch compared to the Valball/Bingo-Ball/Chaos-ball of early season. We are at least trying to play some football. Another issue is, in early season every set piece was looking dangerous but now we don't really look like scoring, apart from Diangana's effort last night.
I agree with all of that, the corners in particular were appalling last night. We kept putting everyone into the 6-yard box and too many of the corners were played towards the penalty spot.  ???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:54:44 AM by WorcsWBA »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2021, 12:35:30 PM »
He coaches them, picks them and decides tactics, shape and intent. If we were playing well but missing chances ok, but we aren't, it is horrible to watch. Frenetic, disorganised and confused and that comes down to the coach.
If that Hugill miss, which was inexcusable, had gone in it would have been another awful performance, we would just have nicked 3 points instead of 1.
Approx 60 shots in 3 games doesn’t smack of being disorganised. Am actually staggered how easy a ride Grant is getting over his miss 2nd half
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #390 on: November 27, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »
Am actually staggered how easy a ride Grant is getting over his miss 2nd half
I think he's benefitting from not being called Hugill or Furlong!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Man of the match vs Forest
« Reply #391 on: November 27, 2021, 01:29:28 PM »
Vote now

KN22

• Senior Baggie

Re: Man of the match vs Forest
« Reply #392 on: November 27, 2021, 01:31:18 PM »
Far from an easy task but I have chosen Clarke who continues to look solid at the back.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #393 on: November 27, 2021, 01:36:48 PM »
It's really difficult to choose one. Matt Clarke was at least as good as anyone else.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #394 on: November 27, 2021, 01:39:12 PM »
Really tough call, will go Clarke as well.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #395 on: November 27, 2021, 02:57:28 PM »
Clarke is just a very good player and will be a motm contender most weeks because he is head and shoulders above most of our squad.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #396 on: November 27, 2021, 02:58:35 PM »
Another shout for Matt Clarke..

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #397 on: November 27, 2021, 03:48:19 PM »
Clarke for me. Did his job, played well getting forward as well as being in the right places defensively. Completely safe performance all round. Just what we need.

Kipre honourable mention as well, some very good strong tackling and tried to pass not just lump it, just not quite as trustworthy as Clarke. Hope it comes together for him there is a decent defender in there somewhere. Bartley's replacement when Dara gets back?

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #398 on: November 27, 2021, 04:21:09 PM »
Clarke was starting to look good striding out into gaps with the ball just when Molumby got sent off.  MoM for me too.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #399 on: November 27, 2021, 05:13:40 PM »
Fortunate to come away with a draw and as I mentioned earlier the team doesn’t have the guile, craft, cunning or intelligence on that performance to win games, something has to change. But the crucial issue of ownership isn’t imminent
The owners don’t pick the same players/ ignore the same players / make the same subs at the same times..

Manager is woeful, pullis would sort this out overnight.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..