Author Topic: Valérien Ismaël leaves WBA  (Read 479885 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Valérien Ismaël - Head Coach
« Reply #1675 on: November 26, 2021, 11:17:20 PM »
I have been and didn’t see what he’s done with that Forest squad. Please explain.

He's turned them from relegation certs into a team that could possibly finish above us. Steven Reid got them their first win though I believe. He's working with worse tools and getting better results in simple terms.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1676 on: November 26, 2021, 11:17:57 PM »
They might not insist on swinging in crosses to 4 forwards who can't head the ball between them .Again and again.

We cross the ball from one side of the pitch and the other wide forward doesn't get into the box. Our CM's don't get into the box which is probably as a result of fear of leaving a gaping hole in the middle as we only have two in there. The central striker is usually somewhere near the edge of the box.

It must be 7 or 8 times now this season where we've delivered terrific crosses across the six yard box and no one ever gets on the end of them. No one has the instinct to and they don't read the play.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1677 on: November 26, 2021, 11:18:37 PM »
Unbeaten in 12 or whatever. Doing better than Val with worse players.
Don’t think they are worse ,I’d take Grabban and Johnson over our forwards all day ,
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1678 on: November 26, 2021, 11:21:20 PM »
Don’t think they are worse ,I’d take Grabban and Johnson over our forwards all day ,

Yes I agree on the forwards that's a given but everywhere else not for me.

They were awful till Cooper took over and on a roll. That's the effect he's had on them. What would you suggest has turned their fortunes around from being absolutely garbage to a solid top half team?

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1679 on: November 26, 2021, 11:25:08 PM »
Worst manager I’ve seen, how he’s got this job I’ll never know, nothing changes, won’t even try little things like Diangana on the left. He’s an absolute clown and we need to get rid now.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1680 on: November 26, 2021, 11:26:09 PM »
Remember at the start of the season everyone said at least with Valball it will be exciting, unpredictable and take your breath away?

Well it's entirely predictable, the opposition managers won't have an easier time in pre match prep, they know what's coming but worse than that they know he can't do anything else regardless of how the games going.

It's certainly not exciting, they can't pass to one another and as for taking my breath away I should be so lucky not to have to witness this garbage at my club that I am going to have to support till my dying day due to being born on the concrete jungle.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1681 on: November 26, 2021, 11:29:55 PM »
Yes I agree on the forwards that's a given but everywhere else not for me.

They were awful till Cooper took over and on a roll. That's the effect he's had on them. What would you suggest has turned their fortunes around from being absolutely garbage to a solid top half team?
Players attitudes it has been pretty well documented the players didn’t like Hughton for whatever reason . Worrall has been touted as a good centre half for a while . The number 11 played for a promotion winning team last season , Spence is highly regarded , whatever we think of Bong he’s played Premier league football, personally I’ve always thought Lolley was decent and he only makes the bench so the basis is there with us midfield and attacking wise we desperately need replacements
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1682 on: November 26, 2021, 11:31:15 PM »
Just hasn't worked out has it
Going back to page 1 of this thread I think we were all pretty excited and looking forward to something different
Sad its ended the way it has but looks like it's the end of the road
Be surprised if Val is still in charge by the time we play his old club on 17.12

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1683 on: November 26, 2021, 11:33:06 PM »
I thought it was better than Blackpool, we were better than Forest on attempts and expected goals, we should have won narrowly.  Forest are a more accomplished team than Blackpool. We also had 10 men for last 20 mins.

However, the moment Ismael slots Livermore back into the team, will be when I want him gone.  We are clearly a better with Molumby in not Livermore.  Livermore is a centre back now.  So don't do it Val.

The forwards clearly have a crisis of confidence currently.  Anyone who has played sport will have experienced it themselves. 

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1684 on: November 26, 2021, 11:33:13 PM »
We cross the ball from one side of the pitch and the other wide forward doesn't get into the box. Our CM's don't get into the box which is probably as a result of fear of leaving a gaping hole in the middle as we only have two in there. The central striker is usually somewhere near the edge of the box.

It must be 7 or 8 times now this season where we've delivered terrific crosses across the six yard box and no one ever gets on the end of them. No one has the instinct to and they don't read the play.
Its so , so predictable . How many keepers have had to work hard against us this season ?
Vals pretty much a one trick pony other than set pieces , the forwards are lacking quality but no less than these Bobby Gould tactics . I don't like the booing but that and empty seats tell their own story .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1685 on: November 26, 2021, 11:33:22 PM »
Players attitudes it has been pretty well documented the players didn’t like Hughton for whatever reason . Worrall has been touted as a good centre half for a while . The number 11 played for a promotion winning team last season , Spence is highly regarded , whatever we think of Bong he’s played Premier league football, personally I’ve always thought Lolley was decent and he only makes the bench so the basis is there with us midfield and attacking wise we desperately need replacements

Do you think there's an element that these players do not want to or perhaps cannot play his style though?

I do, which one im not sure. All I know Val needs about 20-30m worth of players probably and that's not going to be forthcoming so VI and the club are just banging heads against brick walls.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1686 on: November 26, 2021, 11:41:25 PM »

They are only terrific crosses if they are aimed at someone or an incoming runner.  Its about players being on the same wavelength. Crosses are a waste if they're just hit blind.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 11:46:01 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

OverLandAndSea

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1687 on: November 26, 2021, 11:41:50 PM »
I thought it was better than Blackpool, we were better than Forest on attempts and expected goals, we should have won narrowly.  Forest are a more accomplished team than Blackpool. We also had 10 men for last 20 mins.

However, the moment Ismael slots Livermore back into the team, will be when I want him gone.  We are clearly a better with Molumby in not Livermore.  Livermore is a centre back now.  So don't do it Val.

The forwards clearly have a crisis of confidence currently.  Anyone who has played sport will have experienced it themselves.

Sorry, but I don’t agree with you at all.

At Blackpool we created chances but couldn’t put them away. Tonight was absolutely horrible, depressing football. Their keeper didn’t make a single save.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1688 on: November 26, 2021, 11:55:15 PM »
12 points from 10 games is the measure of VI. Too many people blaming players etc when the issue is VI. All the nonsense about val ball and how exciting it was, what a load of. We are being out coached each game by mediocre teams and any improvement  one game is quickly lost by the next. The substitution at60 mins is just predictable. The introduction of Hugil is depressing because you know how his game will go. I think we need a change

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1689 on: November 26, 2021, 11:59:22 PM »
They are only terrific crosses if they are aimed at someone or an incoming runner.  Its about players being on the same wavelength. Crosses are a waste if they're just hit blind.

Crosses are hit into areas, good strikers anticipate crosses. If you listen to Alan Shearer he will always tell you that. Good goalscorers gamble and keep making those runs as Bomber Brown mentioned on WM tonight as well.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1690 on: November 27, 2021, 12:04:40 AM »
Sorry, but I don’t agree with you at all.

At Blackpool we created chances but couldn’t put them away. Tonight was absolutely horrible, depressing football. Their keeper didn’t make a single save.

16 shots to 9 in our favour, only had same numbers for 70 mins.  You have to look at the opposition, Forest were much better than Blackpool.

I think with this exact team, we'll eventually turn a corner.  We've still had 58 attempts over 3 matches.  Luck will turn eventually and some of those will go in.  We need.to wheel and deal in January.

Phillips, Livermore, Snodgrass and Hugill for me are the 4 that haven't done enough and will be commanding massive wages for this division, we need to get rid.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1691 on: November 27, 2021, 12:09:15 AM »
16 shots to 9 in our favour, only had same numbers for 70 mins.  You have to look at the opposition, Forest were much better than Blackpool.

I think with this exact team, we'll eventually turn a corner.  We've still had 58 attempts over 3 matches.  Luck will turn eventually and some of those will go in.  We need.to wheel and deal in January.

Phillips, Livermore, Snodgrass and Hugill for me are the 4 that haven't done enough and will be commanding massive wages for this division, we need to get rid.

We extended Phillips contract a few months ago.

I know, unbelievable!

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1692 on: November 27, 2021, 12:10:33 AM »

It’s the only chance we’ve got of scoring with this forward line they couldn’t create diddly squat by playing football , possible exception of Diangana . When a chance does come the standard of finishing is woeful , think Grant early second half !
If its the only chance its because VI is so stubborn with his system . 3 in the middle would help us but no chance of that .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1693 on: November 27, 2021, 12:12:37 AM »
I thought we had a set piece coach, if so he needs sacking tonight along with whoever is coaching the forwards. Only one earning his wage currently is the keeping coach
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1694 on: November 27, 2021, 12:15:04 AM »
Crosses are hit into areas, good strikers anticipate crosses. If you listen to Alan Shearer he will always tell you that. Good goalscorers gamble and keep making those runs as Bomber Brown mentioned on WM tonight as well.
Its a two way thing. Yes, good strikers anticipate, gamble if you like, but the crosser also bears responsibility. He has to be aware where his teamates are.  If they are nowhere near the ball its a wasted cross. Sometimes a crosser should be trying to cut the ball back. To be fair, Townsend did that a couple of times v Blackpool, but Mowatt blasted one into Row Z.
Generally, far too many crosses are poor. Another example tonight. Grant centred behind Furlong, who had to swivel backwards before sending his shot into Row Z.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:16:40 AM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1695 on: November 27, 2021, 01:09:51 AM »
The lack of tactical variation is baffling. 343 in every single minute of every single game… regardless of flow of game, opposition tactics, score line, players at disposal on bench. Like for like substitutions after 60 and 75 mins every single week.

Being principled is one thing. Steadfastly refusing to have a plan B despite 10-12 weeks of relative failure is quite another.

Zero creativity through the middle. Can’t adapt to the demands/opportunities a game presents. Football by numbers in the hope tactical consistency will override lack of in-game management.

If a team is leaving gaps for a no.10 to exploit? No changes to system. If an opposition full back is consistently out of position? No ability to make changes to exploit. If endless crosses aren’t yielding anything as we have no suitable strikers to play that way? LUMP IT IN THE EFFIN BOX LADS!

Don’t want him to fail but he is failing. if plan B is to stick to plan A then you’re getting sacked fella.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 01:14:57 AM by tlms-p23 »

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1696 on: November 27, 2021, 05:25:36 AM »

Never far from your thoughts is he? Even after watching that garbage you still have to pursue the guy who didn't play. Clearly better with Molumby ? really?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1697 on: November 27, 2021, 07:08:02 AM »
In life you get what you pay for. We can’t be giving Ismael much😩

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: November 27, 2021, 07:12:39 AM »
Never far from your thoughts is he? Even after watching that garbage you still have to pursue the guy who didn't play. Clearly better with Molumby ? really?

Of course we have been worse with Livermore recently.  He has 1 assist and 0 goals all season in a team going for promotion.  Molumby is the future, will get better. Livermore is yesterday's man, old slow and little skill.

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1699 on: November 27, 2021, 08:04:46 AM »
Realistically then, despite the stupidly long contract, a defeat to Coventry and it’s surely pack your bag time?

I get the fact our team isn’t great, but just concentrate on the manager, one who hasn’t changed a system in a game once all season, it’s pathetic, stubborn and laughable. I can’t even remembering him switching any players around on the pitch whilst keepi BG the formation, it’s Sunday league stuff.

The owners are terrible, the players a poor version of what we’ve had before, but ultimately the manager is the poorest of the lot in my opinion, his ‘philosophy’ just wouldn’t happen in any other club, in any other job even. It’s just, this doesn’t work, but I’ll continue anyway as it may come right in 3 years time in League 1. Absolute garbage and cannot understand how he’s still her. Pundits can all see it, players it looks like can see it too.

There were plenty of options in the Summer, there’s a handful now, how we’ve got this guy is as embarrassing as having Hugill as our only striker.