1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 441681 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3625 on: June 23, 2021, 02:15:08 PM »
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/west-brom-encounter-last-minute-obstacle-in-pursuit-of-valerien-ismael-appointment/

Is this site as bad as the other that’s reporting this?

I read they are paying the comp out of the transfer funds… so surely there should be no issues.

LAST TIME WE WILL DO THIS, IF PEOPLE CANNOT COPY AND PASTE THE ARTICLE THEN WE WILL REMOVE YOUR LINKS

West Brom’s appointment of Valerien Ismael as the club’s new manager is being held up by discussions over how compensation will be paid to Barnsley for the Frenchman, a report from Football Insider has claimed.

It had been reported that West Brom were set to announce the appointment of Ismael as Allardyce’s replacement at The Hawthorns today (23rd June) after agreeing to pay the £2million compensation clause Barnsley are entitled to from any club who recruits the 45-year-old from them.

Now however, it seems as though there may still be one more hurdle for the Baggies to negotiate before they can confirm Ismael as their new boss.

According to this latest update, West Brom’s hopes of making an announcement today are being held up by a disagreement over how that compensation is paid to Barnsley.

It is thought that the Tykes want to receive the full £2million for Ismael up front, while West Brom themselves would prefer to pay the amount in instalments.

However, the issue is not expected to prevent the deal from being completed altogether, meaning it may just be a case that West Brom have to wait a little longer before they can confirm Ismael as their new manager.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3626 on: June 23, 2021, 02:16:53 PM »
See if this helps

Ken you can have my £300+  tonight if it helps but if Ismael goes belly up and you appoint Mr Neil you’ ll get sweet **** all off me !!

Yours etc etc
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:23:21 PM by OldburyWBA »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3627 on: June 23, 2021, 03:20:33 PM »
Out of interest - how much of Barnsley did you see last season?

Nearly every time they were on telly and they were garbage to watch every time from an enjoyable football point of view whether they won, drew or lost.
Gera, Gera, Gera

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3628 on: June 23, 2021, 03:30:28 PM »
LAST TIME WE WILL DO THIS, IF PEOPLE CANNOT COPY AND PASTE THE ARTICLE THEN WE WILL REMOVE YOUR LINKS
[/i]

Just on this point since I was one of the offenders recently.....

Posting a link is safe. Copying and pasting the content is potentially breach of copy write.  In reality it isn't likely you'd see any action taken against the site but just because something is publically available on a website does not mean you are entitled to copy it.

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3629 on: June 23, 2021, 03:40:03 PM »

Posting a link is safe. Copying and pasting the content is potentially breach of copy write.  In reality it isn't likely you'd see any action taken against the site but just because something is publically available on a website does not mean you are entitled to copy it.

That’s correct actually. Infact there’s been examples in the past of people getting into trouble for just copying and pasting.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3630 on: June 23, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
That’s correct actually. Infact there’s been examples in the past of people getting into trouble for just copying and pasting.
Plagiarism is only a thing in Uni isn't it?? I thought C&P was ok as long as you quote your source? Else how would a newspaper get away with quoting people, etc??
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3631 on: June 23, 2021, 04:08:42 PM »

When I read the post I thought the same actually. Technically it is someone else's work so it is best to paste the link to avoid any problems.
MAGA!

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3632 on: June 23, 2021, 04:17:38 PM »
When I read the post I thought the same actually. Technically it is someone else's work so it is best to paste the link to avoid any problems.

Some links are behind paywall's like Telegraph or The Athletic, so you cannot post the article from those, as you would be breaching the T&C's of your contract.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3633 on: June 23, 2021, 04:40:07 PM »
"ITK" poster on Twitter who most in this thread have heard of has just tweeted the hold up isn't to do with compo, can't say what but not compo. Likely to be announced tomorrow or Friday...

The same bloke who said Wilder was done, Wagner was done .. so take from it what you will.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3634 on: June 23, 2021, 04:44:01 PM »
"ITK" poster on Twitter who most in this thread have heard of has just tweeted the hold up isn't to do with compo, can't say what but not compo. Likely to be announced tomorrow or Friday...

The same bloke who said Wilder was done, Wagner was done .. so take from it what you will.

Sounds like he's waiting for a journo to provide him with an update so he can update us all.  I don't get it. Why not just tweet and give the source?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3635 on: June 23, 2021, 05:09:35 PM »
Let's just pay them with the Louie Barry compensation money :-X
no give it out of Ferguson's fee

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3636 on: June 23, 2021, 05:10:35 PM »
Nearly every time they were on telly and they were garbage to watch every time from an enjoyable football point of view whether they won, drew or lost.
I feel the same way. If we play the way they did I'll be finding something else to spend my money on and something else to do on Saturday afternoons.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3637 on: June 23, 2021, 05:45:12 PM »
Sounds like he's waiting for a journo to provide him with an update so he can update us all.  I don't get it. Why not just tweet and give the source?

If it’s that sooty bloke everyone believes is ITK, he apparently drinks in the same pub as the kit man. Hardly a top level source  :D

He’s been questioned a few times and he just blocks people. Haven’t once seen him say anything that a journo hasn’t reported.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3638 on: June 23, 2021, 06:08:30 PM »

He’s blocked me because I took the urine. It wasn’t even nasty, just made a comment along the lines of Luke Dowling never signing his name without checking in with him.

Absolutely everything he’s ever posted has been broken or been suggested elsewhere on the web first.  I use the website newsnow which pulls any story involving us anywhere on the net in to one place and there’s always a story pre-dating his ‘breaking news’.  Sometimes it’s from an obscure site though and he can be quite quick in tweeting my so I can see why sometimes people fall for it.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3639 on: June 23, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »
I dont follow the person named but as you both said he's never posted anything a journo hasn't which is fine but why not give the credit?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3640 on: June 23, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »

Seems a grey area so we have to decide whether we allow links to clickbait sites, the reason we ask for the article is some who view on mobiles etc cannot click on the link for some reason.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3641 on: June 23, 2021, 06:29:24 PM »
Couple of Albion fans on an other site reckon it's no problem with our side but with Barnsley. Members of their board are in US while another is leaving for Forest, no one around to sign off.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3642 on: June 23, 2021, 06:34:39 PM »
Couple of Albion fans on an other site reckon it's no problem with our side but with Barnsley. Members of their board are in US while another is leaving for Forest, no one around to sign off.
If there's any truth in that (and it's hard to believe as *someone* has been negotiating with us), Barnsley aren't doing themselves any favours. They have to bring someone else in and allow him to have as much pre-season time with their players as possible. They'll also have signings that they want to make, which presumably will need to be driven, or at least OK'd, by their new manager.

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3643 on: June 23, 2021, 07:52:04 PM »
If it’s that sooty bloke everyone believes is ITK, he apparently drinks in the same pub as the kit man. Hardly a top level source  :D

He’s been questioned a few times and he just blocks people. Haven’t once seen him say anything that a journo hasn’t reported.

The Jinglers??

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3644 on: June 23, 2021, 10:15:30 PM »
Alan Nixon 10 minutes ago, Close, very Close now.

Thank goodness, blimey.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3645 on: June 23, 2021, 10:24:34 PM »

Thank goodness, blimey.

Apparently Wilder was done a few weeks ago according to ITK, then Wagner was virtually there, so excuse my lack of excitement  :(
MAGA!

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3646 on: June 23, 2021, 10:34:24 PM »
He’s blocked me because I took the ****. It wasn’t even nasty, just made a comment along the lines of Luke Dowling never signing his name without checking in with him.

Absolutely everything he’s ever posted has been broken or been suggested elsewhere on the web first.  I use the website newsnow which pulls any story involving us anywhere on the net in to one place and there’s always a story pre-dating his ‘breaking news’.  Sometimes it’s from an obscure site though and he can be quite quick in tweeting my so I can see why sometimes people fall for it.

Used to follow him on Twitter and he’s so full of rubbish. Went into a meltdown over Wagner and then pretending to be ITK over this one. I know people well placed at the club and they don’t know anything. Sad person he is

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3647 on: June 23, 2021, 10:41:18 PM »
Fixtures announced at 9am tomorrow hopefully our new manager is announced just after

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3648 on: June 23, 2021, 10:42:45 PM »

Thank goodness, blimey.

Ahhh, you say that, but we haven't reached 150 pages yet.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3649 on: June 23, 2021, 11:00:17 PM »

Thank goodness, blimey.

I'm not surprised it is taking a while. All the negotiations with manager and club, then all the legal paperwork with solicitors and agents involved. Not a simple process.