1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 441718 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #3575 on: June 22, 2021, 12:36:06 PM »
I'd just like to go back to melting down about lack of signings  ;D

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3576 on: June 22, 2021, 12:44:33 PM »
For those of you who feel the need to watch more football in the middle of the the Euro's there is the whole of both legs of the Basel v LASK Europa League qualifying round tie on You Tube ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsH_7Qpwlw&t=8011s) which gives you a pretty good idea how Valerian Ismael sets up a team that isn't Barnsley.

Wish I had time to watch but sadly I don't. Does it make for good viewing??

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3577 on: June 22, 2021, 01:09:15 PM »
See on Facebook yesterday some saddoes claiming Ismail had given the job as head coach. I asked one guy was it official he didn't reply. Just people desperate for likes.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3578 on: June 22, 2021, 01:22:46 PM »
Yes encouraging I haven't had the time to watch the return leg. It was played in fairly atrocious weather and by the end both teams had worked themselves into the ground. Basel are probably the better team but LASK matched them and you could absolutely see what Ismael was trying to do and LASK ran out 2:1 winners. 

Just seen one of the many ITK chancers (no link because I don't want to give them the attention they crave) has gone all in on a  precise prediction apparently Valerian Ismael will be will be arriving at 4pm and announced shortly thereafter.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 02:20:27 PM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3579 on: June 22, 2021, 03:02:20 PM »
Yes encouraging I haven't had the time to watch the return leg. It was played in fairly atrocious weather and by the end both teams had worked themselves into the ground. Basel are probably the better team but LASK matched them and you could absolutely see what Ismael was trying to do and LASK ran out 2:1 winners. 

Just seen one of the many ITK chancers (no link because I don't want to give them the attention they crave) has gone all in on a  precise prediction apparently Valerian Ismael will be will be arriving at 4pm and announced shortly thereafter.
Is it because 4 is a lucky number in China? Or is it because most Chinese watch the news at this time ?

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3580 on: June 22, 2021, 03:11:14 PM »

Yep, 4pm would be about right. Nothing else happening in the world of football today is there??? ;D ;D

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3581 on: June 22, 2021, 04:39:09 PM »
I guess an important part of the negotiation is to do with Ismael's assistants. If he insists on taking some with him from Barnsley, that might mean extra compo.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3582 on: June 22, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »
Is it because 4 is a lucky number in China? Or is it because most Chinese watch the news at this time ?

Not the former - 4 is an unlucky number in Chinese (it sounds similar to the word for 'death'), so that wouldn't bode well.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3583 on: June 22, 2021, 05:14:02 PM »
I guess an important part of the negotiation is to do with Ismael's assistants. If he insists on taking some with him from Barnsley, that might mean extra compo.
I hope he's allowed to bring in all the assistants that he wants to, it's going to be his neck that's on the block when it comes down to it, so he should be able to do whatever he feels he needs to with his backroom staff to give him the best chance of success.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3584 on: June 22, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »
I hope he's allowed to bring in all the assistants that he wants to, it's going to be his neck that's on the block when it comes down to it, so he should be able to do whatever he feels he needs to with his backroom staff to give him the best chance of success.
Completely agree any manager/head coach should always bring there own staff in and not be forced to work with people at the club

kendover

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3585 on: June 22, 2021, 06:30:15 PM »
Unless Wilder is his assistant lol

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3586 on: June 22, 2021, 06:39:35 PM »
Unless Wilder is his assistant lol

Callum Robinson will be breathing a sigh of relief. Deserves some luck.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3587 on: June 22, 2021, 06:41:27 PM »
Just checked and only one of the Barnsley backroom staff don't predate Ismael so he worked with the existing staff at Barnsley and does not have his own backroom staff. Yet as Allardyce moved on with with Sam Lee etc... so there isn't really an existing staff at the club. This is not a big issue.

Footnote if you are running an ITK twitter account (which is plainly bunkum)  don't offer precise information because when the thing that you say will happen doesn't you have to explain it.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3588 on: June 22, 2021, 08:48:53 PM »
Would be great if England held on and the club tweeted something like "Good result for England. Fancy some more good news?" would be great but doubt it. I imagine that would be tomorrow now.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3589 on: June 22, 2021, 10:08:32 PM »
Think it will be announced tomorrow  now the England game is out of the way .

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3590 on: June 22, 2021, 10:32:24 PM »
Think it will be announced tomorrow  now the England game is out of the way .

Ken is busy googling "head coach employment contract".

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3591 on: June 22, 2021, 10:46:00 PM »
Now Scotland are out .Steve Clarke  to be announced .Watch this space . No Compensation 2 million  saved

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3592 on: June 23, 2021, 12:33:09 AM »
Now Scotland are out .Steve Clarke  to be announced .Watch this space . No Compensation 2 million  saved

I doubt he would come back. Apparently when he was in the process of being sacked it didn't end the best way. I remember Clarkes son being quite vocal about it on twitter.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3593 on: June 23, 2021, 07:05:54 AM »
Announcement Today ! Everything ironed out over backroom staffs contracts . WELCOME!

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3594 on: June 23, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
By the way No ITK .Its in this mornings Express and Star :P

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3595 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:05 AM »
When the 'white smoke' finally rises a lot of people on this forum are going to be very disappointed as the head stewards vape cloud clears to reveal the return of Pardew and Carver  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3596 on: June 23, 2021, 08:08:01 AM »
When the 'white smoke' finally rises a lot of people on this forum are going to be very disappointed as the head stewards vape cloud clears to reveal the return of Pardew and Carver  ;D .
;D ;D Brilliant! In all seriousness, let’s hope this gets done today.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3597 on: June 23, 2021, 08:26:14 AM »
Further update from the ITK chancer on Twitter apparently he's heard a little something the announcement is now imminent. It only took him 2 hours for him to read the E&S story and let us know I'm not sure I could cope without his help. I guess he slept in because Mom & Dad let him stay up late to watch the footie last night. 

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3598 on: June 23, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »
;D ;D Brilliant! In all seriousness, let’s hope this gets done today.
[/b][/u]
I've been rather hoping someone's earlier prediction of this thread reaching 150 pages before the announcement gets made would be achieved!  :P
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3599 on: June 23, 2021, 08:47:55 AM »
In all seriousness, let’s hope this gets done today.
Indeed. The players are back for pre-season training on Monday, so this really could do with being finalised today so that at least a couple of planning/strategy meetings can take place before then.