1 (0.3%)
Marco Silva
4 (1.2%)
Other (British based coach)
6 (1.9%)
Other (Foreign based coach)
19 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 322

Author Topic: New Manager Thread 2020 (Archive)  (Read 446630 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: New Manager Thread
« Reply #225 on: May 14, 2021, 07:11:25 PM »
Based on ?

Money spent/points gained.

Got both jobs solely on his brand ahem I mean name.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: May 14, 2021, 07:14:31 PM »

Not an awful manager at all in my opinion. A good up and coming one in fact.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2021, 07:24:18 PM »

One crack at the Championship team gets to play off final , look what happened afterwards, moves to Prem gets team to Champions league position as per instructions from Abramovich for a first time manager I think that’s acceptable
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2021, 07:54:13 PM »
One crack at the Championship team gets to play off final , look what happened afterwards, moves to Prem gets team to Champions league position as per instructions from Abramovich for a first time manager I think that’s acceptable

He took Derby from 6th to 6th.

And finishing in the champions league at Chelsea is the minimum of expectations. It really isn’t much an achievement given they’ve spent most of the last 20 years in the top four.

How much was it spent in the summer? Didn’t last long..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2021, 07:55:05 PM »
Lampard strikes me as a bang average manager who can get good young players on loan from Chelsea to make him look better than he actually is.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2021, 08:17:59 PM »
Pathetic display at the champ play off final though

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2021, 08:21:35 PM »
We could do far worse than Lampard. Key for me is that he has very useful experience at Chelsea and Derby and his teams played attacking football on the front foot rather than a cramped rigid style, based on safety first. If you compare him to Wilder, its a no brainer.
Lampard is still young so can only get better.     
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:24:08 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2021, 08:23:39 PM »
We could do far worse than Lampard. Key for me is that he has very useful experience at Chelsea and Derby and his teams played attacking football on the front foot rather than a cramped rigid style, based on safety first. If you compare him to Wilder, its a no brainer.
yeah, Wilder got promoted...

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2021, 08:25:42 PM »
What you see with Wilder is as good as it gets. He's not going to change. Lampard will be better next time. If we don't go in for him, you can guarentee that a club the same size or larger will be in for him. Palace strongly linked to hm.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:27:46 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #234 on: May 14, 2021, 08:26:44 PM »

With a worse squad of players.

Lampard is a massive avoid, luckily his media cronies are doing their level best to get him the Palace gig, where I'd expect him to fail and that will be that for a few years.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: May 14, 2021, 08:34:49 PM »
I could see Palace struggling with Lampard in charge, outside bet to go down. But then again I expected West Ham to struggle this season as they looked a basket case in the summer haha

If Sam doesn't stay on Jokanovic would be my choice. Wilder really doesn't fill me with confidence.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:38:41 PM by wbasoprano »
Allllllll aboard

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #236 on: May 14, 2021, 08:36:35 PM »
I could see Palace struggling with Lampard in charge, outside bet to go down. But then again I expected Qest Ham to struggle this season as they looked a basket case in the summer haha

If Sam doesn't stay on Jokanovic would be my choice. Wilder really doesn't fill me with confidence.

Journo rumours that Blades can't afford Jokanovic who would be my 2nd choice after Sam. Are they better off than us? If so forget it.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #237 on: May 14, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
If he were on Dowling's radar, he should be asking about Edin Terzic, in preference to Lampard. Interim manager of Borussia Dortmund till the summer, and fresh from beating Leipzig 4-1 in the German Cup Final.  He was assistant to Billic at West Ham so knows the English game. The guy has done a great job in 6 months and still only 38. Dortmund hoping he'll stay on as their No.2. 

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #238 on: May 14, 2021, 08:53:16 PM »

Developed Mason Mount though!

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: May 14, 2021, 08:56:53 PM »
If he were on Dowling's radar, he should be asking about Edin Terzic, in preference to Lampard. Interim manager of Borussia Dortmund till the summer, and fresh from beating Leipzig 4-1 in the German Cup Final.  He was assistant to Billic at West Ham so knows the English game. The guy has done a great job in 6 months and still only 38. Dortmund hoping he'll stay on as their No.2.
If he was approached, I’m sure he’d ask Slav about working with Dowling and that would be the end of that one  ;D
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2021, 08:58:07 PM »
I could see Palace struggling with Lampard in charge, outside bet to go down. But then again I expected West Ham to struggle this season as they looked a basket case in the summer haha

There seem to be many on here that would love to retain BS but wouldn't countenance Wilder.  surely he's just Allardyce mark II - ten year update?
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: May 14, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »

Journo rumours that Blades can't afford Jokanovic who would be my 2nd choice after Sam. Are they better off than us? If so forget it.

We'd probably go up under Jokanovic but we'd come straight back down his style is too expansive for a club like us in the PL.

It's absolutely imperative that we appoint someone that will keep us up.

The likes of Jokanovic, Cooper wont do that unless we have about £150 million to spend.

If not Allardyce it has to be Wilder from those listed above. Most of the names on that list are depressing to say the least.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #242 on: May 14, 2021, 09:08:29 PM »
If he was approached, I’m sure he’d ask Slav about working with Dowling and that would be the end of that one  ;D
You may be right, as Bilic would no doubt mention the financial constraints, but Terzic might be ready to take on the challenge. The bloke is certainly not going to be short of Head coach offers.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #243 on: May 14, 2021, 09:11:46 PM »
Personally for me I think Allerdyce will still be here. He was watching from the stands tonight with Morrison Sammy Lee and Dowling.  Why do that if he has no plans of staying?!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #244 on: May 14, 2021, 09:18:45 PM »
We'd probably go up under Jokanovic but we'd come straight back down his style is too expansive for a club like us in the PL.

It's absolutely imperative that we appoint someone that will keep us up.

The likes of Jokanovic, Cooper wont do that unless we have about £150 million to spend.

If not Allardyce it has to be Wilder from those listed above. Most of the names on that list are depressing to say the least.

Very depressing list indeed!

baggieboy79

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #245 on: May 14, 2021, 10:18:40 PM »
No way will it be Lampard in my opinion. Our owner wants out and to achieve that he needs us back in the prem ASAP. Allardyce and if not it'll be Wilder.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: May 14, 2021, 10:40:52 PM »
I don’t see what Lampard has achieved to warrant a chance. I’d be amazed if he is still in the game at 50.

BaggieNick

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #247 on: May 14, 2021, 11:01:03 PM »
Lampard wouldn't touch us with a bargepole unless he had cash to spend which probably rules him out.

I fancy him for the Palace job and talking Zaha into another season.

I don't see all the fuss with Frank to be honest.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: May 14, 2021, 11:09:57 PM »
I can see Hodgson coming back. I've heard he hates it at Palace and would be keen to come back.
I wouldn’t normally be arsed to ask, but who do you know that knows that he hates it Palace, and is KEEN to come back?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #249 on: May 14, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »
God knows where some of these rumours come from.

Hodgson not going to happen. 0% chance.