Poll

Are you in favour of vaccine passports?

Yes
No
Yes in certain circumstances
Not fussed either way

Author Topic: Vaccine passports  (Read 44332 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Vaccine passports
« Reply #250 on: July 23, 2021, 11:27:10 PM »
I see these infections are rocketing up to 100000 per day after Freedom Day... or not.  :-\

Absolutely no need to introduce vax passports.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2021, 08:52:13 AM »
The Telegraph are reporting today that double jabs will be required to watch Premier league matches from October this year; ministers are expected to sign this off shortly. This will be for all sporting events where there are more than 20,000 spectators. It is behind a paywall so I can only provide the headline;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/24/double-jabs-set-needed-watch-premier-league-matches/

So I am guessing that it will apply to us too.
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2021, 09:36:18 AM »
The Telegraph are reporting today that double jabs will be required to watch Premier league matches from October this year; ministers are expected to sign this off shortly. This will be for all sporting events where there are more than 20,000 spectators. It is behind a paywall so I can only provide the headline;

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/07/24/double-jabs-set-needed-watch-premier-league-matches/

So I am guessing that it will apply to us too.

Yes reading in another article they say it will work down the pyramid
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »
Interesting to see how that works.

Discriminating against people both young and old who by their own decision decide to not have the vaccine. They are being discrimanated against just because they have decided to make their own choice and not follow with what the governement want them to do.  Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

This is just another blackmail attempt against the young people but I'm afraid its not going to work. People will just give up on football.

A lot of people have now been used to not going to football matches so will just make the decision to not bother again. I'm one of them. Football now is so boring that it would never bother me again if I never walked into a football match again!!!

Stewards will have to check vaccine passports as you enter the ground making queues longer to get in. If the passport is on a mobile phone, a lot of older people don't use mobile phones especially smart phones, so how do they get in ?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2021, 05:22:46 PM »

Discriminating against people both young and old who by their own decision decide to not have the vaccine. They are being discrimanated against just because they have decided to make their own choice and not follow with what the governement want them to do.  Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

This is just another blackmail attempt against the young people but I'm afraid its not going to work. People will just give up on football.

A lot of people have now been used to not going to football matches so will just make the decision to not bother again. I'm one of them. Football now is so boring that it would never bother me again if I never walked into a football match again!!!

Stewards will have to check vaccine passports as you enter the ground making queues longer to get in. If the passport is on a mobile phone, a lot of older people don't use mobile phones especially smart phones, so how do they get in ?
  Well me and all my old mates all have smart phones we can all use them aswell. All you need is your card to say you have had both jabs with the dates on simple really.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2021, 07:04:34 PM »
  Well me and all my old mates all have smart phones we can all use them aswell. All you need is your card to say you have had both jabs with the dates on simple really.

Simple ?  Keep that thought.  Lets see how it works in practice !!

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »
Difficulty with putting a definite figure on attendances is you won’t know until after everybody has entered as to how many are there. Yes a guesstimate from ticket sales can give some sort of guide but season ticket holders not attending may make a big enough difference . I can foresee scenarios this season whereby our attendances are between 18k and 22k for example so a few hundred here and there could put us just under or just over the 20k mark just how are you going to know ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2021, 07:43:19 PM »

I hate this discrimination stuff being put out.

It’s not discrimination.

I don’t agree with vaccine passports but it’s not discrimination.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2021, 07:57:35 PM »
I hate this discrimination stuff being put out.

It’s not discrimination.

I don’t agree with vaccine passports but it’s not discrimination.

Of course it is? In fact it's worse. It's medico-apartheid.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2021, 08:03:41 PM »
Of course it is? In fact it's worse. It's medico-apartheid.
People have had the chance to have the jab they chose not to , their problem hardly apartheid. Think back to the situation in S,Africa at the height of apartheid couldn’t go on certain beaches , buses or go to certain shops or schools all because of something they had no choice over !

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2021, 08:09:46 PM »
People have had the chance to have the jab they chose not to , their problem hardly apartheid. Think back to the situation in S,Africa at the height of apartheid couldn’t go on certain beaches , buses or go to certain shops or schools all because of something they had no choice over !

They call deciding not to have the vaccine FREEDOM of choice. Just because someone doesn't decide to do something is no excuse to exclude them from everything.

You get all these people having the vaccine then they jump into their 4 x 4's and spread fumes and cancer around the population. Cancer from car fumes causes a lot more deaths than covid.

So should we ban all the cars that belt out excessive fumes !!!   Double standards if you ask me.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2021, 08:15:27 PM »
I’m vaccinated and I suppose relatively pro vaccination but I am also pro choice. It is discrimination for me.

It’s attempting to make vaccination a ‘Hobson’s choice’ for both individuals and businesses. It’s almost forcing people to have an injection which is disgusting. Whether I agree with someone’s decision or not they should 100% and always have a choice about whether the put something foreign in their body or not without it affecting ‘normal life’

They won’t do it, and it would come with its own problems but choice would be allowing businesses the choice. It’s not a choice for a business at the moment if the choice is adhere or don’t trade.

1) allow vaccinated people only if they want
2) allow unvaccinated people (then vaccinated people can decide if they wish to use that place or not).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:17:21 PM by johnny Cash »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2021, 08:16:38 PM »

What about those who are unable to receive the vaccination?

Or do we just bend the rules where it suits.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2021, 08:36:55 PM »
Where people have a choice it cannot be discrimination , discrimination is being stopped from doing something because of something that is beyond your personal control.I do feel for those that cannot have the jab however I would imagine they will be asked to provide a negative test in some shape or form

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2021, 08:40:35 PM »
Where people have a choice it cannot be discrimination , discrimination is being stopped from doing something because of something that is beyond your personal control.I do feel for those that cannot have the jab however I would imagine they will be asked to provide a negative test in some shape or form

Nonsense, you choose your faith and you can be discriminated against based on religion.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »
Stopping people from living a normal life because of a medical decision they made about their own body is discrimination.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »

Genuinely concerned people think like this. You honestly think as a perfectly healthy 41 year old male, work out 5 times a week, don't smoke, rarely drink, that I shouldn't be allowed to attend the Hawthorns any more, a place I've been hundreds of times?

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2021, 10:13:30 PM »
Having the vaccine protects others, it's a selfless act to end a pandemic, I am unlikely to infect others, that should  be recognised.
Baggie in Southampton

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2021, 10:17:40 PM »
As it will be consultation with the league and the clubs I assume the clubs will agree to it thus exercising their rights to refuse entry without a vaccine.

People will exercise their rights not to have a vaccine and businesses will exercise their rights to refuse entry without a vaccine or without a negative test.

I don’t agree with the vaccine passports, but I do agree with everyone being able to exercise their rights.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2021, 10:21:25 PM »
As it will be consultation with the league and the clubs I assume the clubs will agree to it thus exercising their rights to refuse entry without a vaccine.

People will exercise their rights not to have a vaccine and businesses will exercise their rights to refuse entry without a vaccine or without a negative test.

I don’t agree with the vaccine passports, but I do agree with everyone being able to exercise their rights.

So you agree I shouldn't be allowed inside the Hawthorns? Good to know.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #270 on: July 25, 2021, 10:21:41 PM »

Businesses are not being given a choice as far as I can tell. It is comply or don’t trade. That is not the same as a business having a choice. It’s not businesses exercising a right.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #271 on: July 25, 2021, 11:12:19 PM »
Providing you as an individual have had your vaccine - then what difference does it make to you if Joe Bloggs down the road has not had his?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #272 on: July 25, 2021, 11:34:55 PM »
Providing you as an individual have had your vaccine - then what difference does it make to you if Joe Bloggs down the road has not had his?

It doesn't make any difference, in fact proof of a negative test makes the vaccinated population far safer...

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2021, 12:58:30 AM »
Proof of a negative test means you were negative at the time of testing. Nothing more.

Proof of double vaccination proves you've been jabbed twice, can still pass the virus on but are less likely to be hospitalised.

For what little it's worth I'm double jabbed and against vaccine passports for more reasons than I care to debate.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2021, 01:17:11 AM »
Proof of a negative test means you were negative at the time of testing. Nothing more.

Proof of double vaccination proves you've been jabbed twice, can still pass the virus on but are less likely to be hospitalised.

For what little it's worth I'm double jabbed and against vaccine passports for more reasons than I care to debate.

So again, why is a double jabbed person bothered who sits next to them?

Couple of people didn't like my apartheid comment... fair enough how about leper colonies? But for an illness that won't kill you if you're double jabbed, won't lead to any serious long term issues other viruses don't cause and won't kill you 99.8% of the time irrespective. Should I book the penthouse in the colony?

This isn't directed at you Dan, but you provided an apt quote mate.