Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass  (Read 56166 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Robert Snodgrass
« Reply #400 on: November 28, 2021, 02:18:37 PM »
Snodgrass was poor because he playing alongside Livermore!!! Snodgrass, Livermore, Molumby are competing against each other for 1 slot alongside Mowatt in our best team.

Last season Big Sam ousted Livermore to make way for Snodgrass.

Now Snodgrass now sees his place blocked by the Summer additions of Mowatt and Molumby and the re integration of Livermore (and crucially starting the majority of games).

Fair enough with Snodgrass he wants to play and will go elsewhere to find it.

Snodgrass was poor because Snodgrass was poor.

Big Sam dropped Livermore for Yokuslu. Snodgrass and Livermore played together in every game under Allardyce (apart from West Ham when Snodgrass wasn't available) until Yokuslu signed.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2021, 03:22:04 PM »
Big Sam dropped Livermore for Yokuslu. Snodgrass and Livermore played together in every game under Allardyce (apart from West Ham when Snodgrass wasn't available) until Yokuslu signed.
Wasn't Snodgrass playing wide on the right for most/all of those, rather than in the middle?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #402 on: November 28, 2021, 04:13:46 PM »
I wonder who will be out of the door first, Snodgrass or Val?
Val….ASAP with any luck..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #403 on: November 28, 2021, 04:34:33 PM »
Snodgrass was poor because Snodgrass was poor.

Do you like Livermore, cards on the table?

Instead of hunting down every snippet of info and going about altering where wrong.

It's just mildly irratating that's all.

I'm prepared to have a clear judgement on what I see, rightly or wrongly.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #404 on: November 28, 2021, 04:55:52 PM »
Wasn't Snodgrass playing wide on the right for most/all of those, rather than in the middle?

That's how i remember it, Snodgrass out wide. Could be wrong though.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #405 on: November 28, 2021, 05:06:04 PM »
Every manager we have had in recent times there always seems to be some rumour of players not liking training or the tactics. Have people not thought the problem might be the frauds and lazy group of players we have unfortunately amassed? Always easier to blame the management rather than look at yourselves I guess.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #406 on: November 28, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
Tbh nothing against Robert snodgrass but these are the sort of signings we should be avoiding, it was always going to end in tears. Use the youth not players past there best
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #407 on: November 28, 2021, 05:58:44 PM »
Haven’t checked the stats but have the feeling Snodgrass has been unavailable for more games than he has been available and you’d assume on a pretty big wedge , if he’s chucked his dummies out then let him go especially if the episode was in view of others
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 06:14:01 PM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #408 on: November 28, 2021, 07:02:29 PM »
This was a poor signing especially in terms of £ value. I have sympathy with him but he doesnt suit the system. However if we dropped a forward for a number 10 he would be fine. Hes not a cm. Doesnt have the legs
O Albion we love you

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #409 on: November 28, 2021, 10:15:53 PM »
Haven’t checked the stats but have the feeling Snodgrass has been unavailable for more games than he has been available and you’d assume on a pretty big wedge , if he’s chucked his dummies out then let him go especially if the episode was in view of others
He's 34 now, so even we wouldn't renew his contract at the end of this season. Add in the fact that he's spent so much time injured and has only played well once this season that I can recall, his absence is no great loss, although we do have a problem against Coventry. Our best bet in that game is probably to play Phillips alongside Mowatt, although I don't think the former will be able to last 90 minutes in that role.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #410 on: November 28, 2021, 10:29:05 PM »
I wonder who will be out of the door first, Snodgrass or Val?

Snodgrass. Without a doubt.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #411 on: November 29, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
Do you like Livermore, cards on the table?

Instead of hunting down every snippet of info and going about altering where wrong.

It's just mildly irratating that's all.

I'm prepared to have a clear judgement on what I see, rightly or wrongly.

I'm quite ambivalent about Livermore the same as every other Albion player really; he has good games he has bad games. When he plays well I praise him, when he doesn't I criticise him, same as any player.

If you find my posting of facts (snippets you call them) irritating why don't you stop posting erroneous statements?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 08:51:10 AM by Hull Baggie »

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2021, 09:59:43 AM »
I'm quite ambivalent about Livermore the same as every other Albion player really; he has good games he has bad games. When he plays well I praise him, when he doesn't I criticise him, same as any player.

If you find my posting of facts (snippets you call them) irritating why don't you stop posting erroneous statements?

As long as you go about correcting erroneous statements from others too, that's fine.

I believe a forum is to express individual opinion and thoughts on matters.  :)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2021, 10:28:21 AM »
As long as you go about correcting erroneous statements from others too, that's fine.

I believe a forum is to express individual opinion and thoughts on matters.  :)

If I'm debating something with someone and they make erroneous statements I will correct them as I expect people to do with ones that I make.

You are right about forums of course however there is a difference from expressing an opinion and stating something that isn't true.

I respect your opinion on Livermore, I just disagree with it.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »
If I'm debating something with someone and they make erroneous statements I will correct them as I expect people to do with ones that I make.

You are right about forums of course however there is a difference from expressing an opinion and stating something that isn't true.

I respect your opinion on Livermore, I just disagree with it.

I have been quite forthright in saying I don't rate Livermore.  When pressed you didn't say either way.

I didn't see it as a debate as such, as I was taking one side and you where non-committal.

However, it has eventually come to pass that you quite like Livermore  :)

It's fine of course, but I think the groundswell of opinion is against JL (not saying that matters)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2021, 03:49:41 PM »
Back to Snodgrass. If he has tried to lead a player revolt, then that actually gets me a bit defensive of Val. I've been no fan over recent weeks but, if the players, who earn a fortune, win or lose, are throwing their toys out to try and oust him, then I hope they get binned.
No better time to get a few of the kids in, who don't have the big time attitude ,and let them have a go. A hungry committed U23 is better than a petulant, half-arsed has-been, any day of the week.

I don't watch them myself but I've heard a lot comment that the U23's seem to fit the 343 system better than the first team anyway, and this may be why.

Up the revolution!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #416 on: November 29, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »
Back to Snodgrass. If he has tried to lead a player revolt, then that actually gets me a bit defensive of Val. I've been no fan over recent weeks but, if the players, who earn a fortune, win or lose, are throwing their toys out to try and oust him, then I hope they get binned.
No better time to get a few of the kids in, who don't have the big time attitude ,and let them have a go. A hungry committed U23 is better than a petulant, half-arsed has-been, any day of the week.

I don't watch them myself but I've heard a lot comment that the U23's seem to fit the 343 system better than the first team anyway, and this may be why.

Up the revolution!

totally agree
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #417 on: November 29, 2021, 04:18:34 PM »
Back to Snodgrass. If he has tried to lead a player revolt, then that actually gets me a bit defensive of Val. I've been no fan over recent weeks but, if the players, who earn a fortune, win or lose, are throwing their toys out to try and oust him, then I hope they get binned..........Up the revolution!

I'm with ya, vive la révolution.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2021, 05:19:12 PM »

Fifteen first team appearances in total. Eight in the Prem, six in the Championship and one in the League Cup. Didn't check how many of those appearances were for ninety minutes or whether he was playing alongside Jake Livermore for the majority of them.

He doesn't appear to have scored a goal or registered a single assist in those fixtures though, that's over the course of 990 minutes of playing time plus stoppages (figures courtesy of Transfermarkt).

Well no assists for Albion that is, cracking through ball for Mitrovic notwithstanding. He's bagged two goals in 97 minutes for the U23s who play along similar lines to the first team though so that's encouraging I suppose.

Then again as Cleary flits between the U18s and the U23s I think Zohore's actually top scorer for the U23s so make of that what you will. The U23s were blessed to have Snoddy in their midst as he played his way back to fitness following injury. Professional as ever. We are lucky to have him, a fine example for the academy lads to follow.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #419 on: November 29, 2021, 05:29:18 PM »
Fifteen first team appearances in total. Eight in the Prem, six in the Championship and one in the League Cup. Didn't check how many of those appearances were for ninety minutes or whether he was playing alongside Jake Livermore for the majority of them.

He doesn't appear to have scored a goal or registered a single assist in those fixtures though, that's over the course of 990 minutes of playing time plus stoppages (figures courtesy of Transfermarkt).

Well no assists for Albion that is, cracking through ball for Mitrovic notwithstanding. He's bagged two goals in 97 minutes for the U23s who play along similar lines to the first team though so that's encouraging I suppose.

Then again as Cleary flits between the U18s and the U23s I think Zohore's actually top scorer for the U23s so make of that what you will. The U23s were blessed to have Snoddy in their midst as he played his way back to fitness following injury. Professional as ever. We are lucky to have him, a fine example for the academy lads to follow.
And the paragon of virtue that he is he now feels entitled to tell his boss how to do his job , Mmmmmm
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #420 on: November 30, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
I have been quite forthright in saying I don't rate Livermore.  When pressed you didn't say either way.

I didn't see it as a debate as such, as I was taking one side and you where non-committal.

However, it has eventually come to pass that you quite like Livermore  :)

It's fine of course, but I think the groundswell of opinion is against JL (not saying that matters)

seems like you missed the post where I clearly said I'm ambivalent about Livermore as I am about every other Albion player when he plays well I praise when he doesn't I criticise. I neither like or dislike him.

I'm not interested in the groundswell as I make my own mind up about a player.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2021, 01:04:42 PM »

seems like you missed the post where I clearly said I'm ambivalent about Livermore as I am about every other Albion player when he plays well I praise when he doesn't I criticise. I neither like or dislike him.

I'm not interested in the groundswell as I make my own mind up about a player.

You stated we did well Livermore in games early doors and credit where its due he came back fit in the Summer.

Ultimately though I think he found the high press exhausting, and with his age and body type it's not cunducive to a high energy game.

When fans question why the high press had dropped, it's due to that reasoning.

Conversely, you don't use Livermore for tika taka and he hasn't got the skills.

I see Livermore's role as centre half as he moves towards mid 30s, personally.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »
You stated we did well Livermore in games early doors and credit where its due he came back fit in the Summer.

Ultimately though I think he found the high press exhausting, and with his age and body type it's not cunducive to a high energy game.

When fans question why the high press had dropped, it's due to that reasoning.

Conversely, you don't use Livermore for tika taka and he hasn't got the skills.

I see Livermore's role as centre half as he moves towards mid 30s, personally.

I see his role at another club. Anyone 32 or older should be moved on regardless, they are on the downgrade. 31 should be the maximum age for anyone in our squad.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #423 on: November 30, 2021, 01:10:18 PM »
Good job I got some popcorn when I was out

Need to watch two threads now :-[
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #424 on: November 30, 2021, 01:11:05 PM »
I see his role at another club. Anyone 32 or older should be moved on regardless, they are on the downgrade. 31 should be the maximum age for anyone in our squad.

GMac wants a word.......