West Bromwich Albion FC Forums > West Bromwich Albion FC

Luke Dowling

(1/212) > >>

biggerthanbigvic:
I don’t usually post on here, as you can see from my very dated username. But I’m an avid reader most days.

Considering the transfer activity we’ve completed and are reportedly due to complete at this moment in time, I think Dowling deserves a lot of credit for the work he’s done.

We’ve secured the engine of our team last season for less than Villa are likely to spend on an injury prone Callum Wilson and that can’t be sniffed at.

To swap a useless Burke with a decent option in Robinson (who no doubt is a good influence in the dressing room) and probably save on wages as well is a master stroke.

I know we’ve got a long way to go in the window and we still need an ST, CM (on top of Krovi) and an LB, you’ve got to commend him for the position we are in. And crucially, we have the two domestic loans intact which I’ve no doubt we will utilise later in the window when the big boys start to spend and players become available.

I started this window convinced we were down before a ball would be kicked. But if we continue like this, there could be hope yet. Bilić can’t say he hasn’t been backed within the limits of the club either.

The only down side at this moment in time is not being able to get down the Hawthorns to watch Grady and crew proper attack the prem!

Boing Boing.

J.

skyclad99:

--- Quote from: biggerthanbigvic on September 05, 2020, 12:18:24 PM ---I don’t usually post on here, as you can see from my very dated username. But I’m an avid reader most days.

Considering the transfer activity we’ve completed and are reportedly due to complete at this moment in time, I think Dowling deserves a lot of credit for the work he’s done.

We’ve secured the engine of our team last season for less than Villa are likely to spend on an injury prone Callum Wilson and that can’t be sniffed at.

To swap a useless Burke with a decent option in Robinson (who no doubt is a good influence in the dressing room) and probably save on wages as well is a master stroke.

I know we’ve got a long way to go in the window and we still need an ST, CM (on top of Krovi) and an LB, you’ve got to commend him for the position we are in. And crucially, we have the two domestic loans intact which I’ve no doubt we will utilise later in the window when the big boys start to spend and players become available.

I started this window convinced we were down before a ball would be kicked. But if we continue like this, there could be hope yet. Bilić can’t say he hasn’t been backed within the limits of the club either.

The only down side at this moment in time is not being able to get down the Hawthorns to watch Grady and crew proper attack the prem!

Boing Boing.

J.

--- End quote ---

You wont last long on this site BigVic posting sensible stuff like this ;D

KnaveofAlbion:
There's a couple and i can't remember if its here or twitter, but they claim Dowling is useless, that every good thing is down to Bilic. I'm not sure how much of what falls under the influence of each person, but its clearly working as a set-up, so long may it continue.

AlbionFan:
It's as much of a team off the field as it is on

baggiebof:
I like the profile of signing that Dowling has been targeting, my qualm with him is that he seems limited to the domestic market only but he's been good otherwise.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version