Author Topic: Playoffs  (Read 8929 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Playoffs
« on: July 17, 2020, 07:28:38 PM »
So, as it becomes clear what we have to do, what chances do we have in the play offs.

We have been atrocious for months now, but nine of our rivals have been great.

I expect to lose vs Cardiff, but equally Foreat have been rubbish for a while too.

Fulham are my tip. Can Bilic find a way to stop the inevitable?
Boing Boing

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

Re: Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:30:29 PM »
So, as it becomes clear what we have to do, what chances do we have in the play offs.

We have been atrocious for months now, but nine of our rivals have been great.

I expect to lose vs Cardiff, but equally Foreat have been rubbish for a while too.

Fulham are my tip. Can Bilic find a way to stop the inevitable?

In short no, this team have been awful since Christmas.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »
We have no chance in the playoffs we have to many bottlers

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 07:31:20 PM »
No chance. Mentally we are gone. We've blown it.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 07:31:32 PM »
Season is over with this loss tonight. You could see when we went 1 down at the start of the game how fragile we are.

We won’t be able to pick ourselves back up when we finish in a playoff spot.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »
Tend to agree out form suggests we won't do it.

However we have some quality players whom on their day win games, we have a chance.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2020, 07:33:25 PM »
Tend to agree out form suggests we won't do it.

However we have some quality players whom on their day win games, we have a chance.

I’d suggest we have little to no chance
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 07:35:24 PM »
We haven't won a single game against the current top 6 this year. We also never look like scoring against any, yet alone top 6 sides really.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 07:39:23 PM »
We'll beat Cardiff easily, but lose the final.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »
Do we really want this aquad to go up? For the "Best Squad" in the division we should be embarrassed

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 07:45:28 PM »
Ok, I’ll own up. This is all my fault.

I gave my 30 days notice to cancel sky sports to end on the last day of the season,  on the basis I didn’t think I’d need it for the play offs!

So this whole post lockdown form can be blamed on me!   ;D

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »

One off game in the final anything can happen. We have a self-destruct button that the players are too happy to press. Snatch draws and defeats from the jaws of promotion.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »
3 more games with SJ in goal? No chance.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
Jacko I agree with that mate. However I would make sure that neither of Johnstone, Townsend, HRK, Austin, Phillips featured, and would seriously question the selection of Diangana, and Robinson over our own players at this stage.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2020, 08:02:59 PM »
Jacko I agree with that mate. However I would make sure that neither of Johnstone, Townsend, HRK, Austin, Phillips featured, and would seriously question the selection of Diangana, and Robinson over our own players at this stage.
Agree aside from Grady, can't afford to leave out his quality when the alternative is an Edwards.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »
Not a chance sadly. We might scrape the semi over 2 legs, although I wouldn't bet on it. In the final we'd just crumble like we do every single pressure game.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 08:04:27 PM »
Nothing to do with bottle half them players know they ain't good enough if we go up so will be gone so you think they care if we go up. No  chance. We will not go up via player offs not even get to Wembley.

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 08:05:37 PM »
We won’t beat any off the other teams in the playoffs they all have something we don’t
which is fight and spirit we have nobody to grab the team by the balls and push them to the limits

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »
This team has gone. Been wobbling since Christmas but put out of their miserable misery tonight. No way we will win a game in the play offs let alone enough to get to final or win. 

Yes they lost their bottle but also not exactly a great team are they 

Our record all season against top six is rubbish so now our legs have gone we really have zero chance.

Give it up guys and ignore the results it's easier in the nerves.

A time to blood next seasons team made up of the kids. No way The higher paid or older guard should get near the play offs  now after spunking the season away. Only a handful will come out of this season with credit now.

Play offs are about form and we have none!

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 08:08:42 PM »
Psychologically I wouldn’t fancy our chances in the playoffs. We have lost so much having had such a massive points lead earlier in the season. Fulham, Forest and Cardiff have everything to wins but in the mind we are the losers before we even kick a ball in the playoffs. I hope I’m wrong but clearly Slaven is no motivator when the chips are down.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »
The annoying thing 2 more points and we'd have probably done it. Tonight the momentum and everything goes. Having been in the top two for so long and probably going to get overtaken will have a big knock on effect on the whole team. Pearce said we are mid table championship club and thats where were heading. Hald empty grounds, the odd decent cup run and mid table looms for us.

They always let you down

Should be below the badge.

WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 08:20:29 PM »
We look exactly like Wolves did in 2002. Choking, coughing, spluttering our way to the finish line. And overtaken at the last by the in-form team in the league. In 2002, it was Wolves. In 2020 it's Albion.

It's absolutely no form to be going into the Play Off's with and I don't think anyone has any huge expectation of us doing well in them.

After 13 points clear in November. 9 points clear in February, 8 points clear 6 games ago... The Play Off's is failure. Of course it is failure.

Psychologically it's toxic to have choked like this and you could tell in on the faces of every single player after the game. Austin, Furlong, Ajayi, Pereira, Bilic. All pictured on screen after the final whistle. All looked absolutely haunted.

I'm sure everyone will be up for it when the Play Off's roll around but right now this is gut-wrenching. For the sheer, slow-speed car crash inevitability of it. Bottled it.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 08:21:22 PM »
Psychologically I wouldn’t fancy our chances in the playoffs. We have lost so much having had such a massive points lead earlier in the season. Fulham, Forest and Cardiff have everything to wins but in the mind we are the losers before we even kick a ball in the playoffs. I hope I’m wrong but clearly Slaven is no motivator when the chips are down.

It’s up to the board now. They know from our results and performances since Christmas that Bilic is hasn’t delivered. They’ll either sack him and his back room staff now or after we tumble out of the playoffs.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 08:21:53 PM »
The annoying thing 2 more points and we'd have probably done it. Tonight the momentum and everything goes. Having been in the top two for so long and probably going to get overtaken will have a big knock on effect on the whole team. Pearce said we are mid table championship club and thats where were heading. Hald empty grounds, the odd decent cup run and mid table looms for us.

They always let you down

Should be below the badge.

Brenda Rodgers at Liverpool job. If we'd set up Mourinho esque for a point at Brentford none of this happens.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 08:36:52 PM »
Brenda Rodgers at Liverpool job. If we'd set up Mourinho esque for a point at Brentford none of this happens.
Agree....... bloody hell Jacko twice in one day. Tell you what leave Brunt and Captain Magnifico, out of it and we are largely on the same lines.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride