Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197465 times)

section5

• Youth Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8575 on: June 18, 2021, 02:36:57 PM »
Thats assuming you have natural immunity......

And you know what happens when you assume

Think my above post goes into further details and also includes cross reactive immunity

BaggiePhil

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #8576 on: June 18, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »
I'm also 29 and I never wear a seatbelt unless the police stop me and force me to, which is absurd to me.

I've got no health conditions, I'm just not going to crash - my eyesight is good and I'm very sensible.

Whether I wear it or not has absolutely no bearing on anyone else. If I crash, who cares?

If I crash into an elderly person well they can wear their seatbelt and have protection.

Everyone else is wearing their seatbelt so I really don't see the need for me to.

Can't really see why I'm still being forced to wear one, to be honest.
Do you have a line where governments should legislate to protect their citizens or is it everyone for themselves?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8577 on: June 18, 2021, 04:06:01 PM »
Think my above post goes into further details and also includes cross reactive immunity

Have you read them all? In detail?

I took a look at the bmj one and it was a speculative report, not a cut and dried one.

More data on this would provide a better idea and it should be looked at but im not sure its the way out of this
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8578 on: June 18, 2021, 04:50:30 PM »
The BMJ paper was the 9th one down Section 5  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8579 on: June 18, 2021, 05:00:27 PM »
Have you read them all? In detail?

I took a look at the bmj one and it was a speculative report, not a cut and dried one.

More data on this would provide a better idea and it should be looked at but im not sure its the way out of this

I’d say the studies (other than the ones I’ve posted) particularly looking at t cell response combined with what we know anyway about immunology. The knowledge gained with SARS-CoV-1 is very useful too. All in all I’d say it gives quite a clear picture  on immunity

section5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8580 on: June 18, 2021, 05:01:04 PM »
The BMJ paper was the 9th one down Section 5  ;) .

Quickly deleted it. Thought I got away with it haha

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8581 on: June 18, 2021, 05:04:28 PM »

The act of putting on a seatbelt will not cause the wearer any harm/kill them. There is no need to locate the people who would die or suffer just by putting it on.

There are other reasons it's a poor analogy but this is enough to get the point across.

Neither will the act of being vaccinated. Not being vaccinated however? A very different story. Not a poor analogy at all.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8582 on: June 18, 2021, 05:12:08 PM »
Neither will the act of being vaccinated. Not being vaccinated however? A very different story. Not a poor analogy at all.

Wilful ignorance. I'm done discussing this with you. The vaccine has caused death/serious illness. There are people who CANNOT take the vaccine in case of serious illness/death.

Hence terrible analogy.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8583 on: June 18, 2021, 05:51:04 PM »
So far people that have an opinion that differs toJacko has been called wilfully ignorant and or selfish, bloke is wearing a bit thin now  >:( >:(
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8584 on: June 18, 2021, 06:07:00 PM »
So far people that have an opinion that differs toJacko has been called wilfully ignorant and or selfish, bloke is wearing a bit thin now  >:( >:(

It's not a matter of opinion. Saying something that has happened is not true is wilful ignorance. If you don't like it report the post. Also you'll find that I haven't called anyone selfish though several others have suggested people are selfish. Hope this helps.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8585 on: June 18, 2021, 06:13:36 PM »
Let's calm it down, no-one wants to see the topic be locked due to petty squabbling, but that's the way it's going

He/him

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8586 on: June 18, 2021, 06:33:59 PM »
Let's calm it down, no-one wants to see the topic be locked due to petty squabbling, but that's the way it's going

There's been enough talk of locking things down recently thank you very much. You'd probably be doing us all a favour if you did though, a break  from the tedium of bickering could prove a real shot in the arm in the long run....  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8587 on: June 18, 2021, 07:12:55 PM »
Wilful ignorance. I'm done discussing this with you. The vaccine has caused death/serious illness. There are people who CANNOT take the vaccine in case of serious illness/death.

Hence terrible analogy.

Not ignorant at all. And very glad ‘you’re done discussing this’ We are not all going to agree with you. Just accept that.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8588 on: June 19, 2021, 12:22:05 PM »
My patner managed to get her second jab a month after her first by just turning up at the vaccination centre at the end of the day, quite a lot going spare apparently. I am going to do the same in 2 weeks. Is this morally wrong cutting the queue?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8589 on: June 19, 2021, 12:45:29 PM »
My patner managed to get her second jab a month after her first by just turning up at the vaccination centre at the end of the day, quite a lot going spare apparently. I am going to do the same in 2 weeks. Is this morally wrong cutting the queue?

No, although there is a standard "gap" between jabs for maximum efficacy.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8590 on: June 19, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
No, although there is a standard "gap" between jabs for maximum efficacy.

I thought the best gap was about 4 weeks, but they lengthened it to get more first jabs done?

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8591 on: June 19, 2021, 12:53:44 PM »
I thought the best gap was about 4 weeks, but they lengthened it to get more first jabs done?

AZ is 12 weeks according to BMJ. Haven't looked up the other 2.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8592 on: June 19, 2021, 02:09:31 PM »
Had the second AZ jab last week, bad reaction like proper flu for 48 hours and has made tinnitus from first jab more noticeable.  Hey ho.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8593 on: June 19, 2021, 03:02:07 PM »
I thought it was officially 8 weeks now between gaps? Could be wrong though.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8594 on: June 19, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
I thought it was officially 8 weeks now between gaps? Could be wrong though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-healthcare-professionals-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

"The COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each. The second dose should be administered between 4 and 12 weeks after the first dose (see section 5.1)."

He/him

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8595 on: June 19, 2021, 03:41:28 PM »
Thanks Mark, just googled because i was sure i'd seen it somewhere

https://jesmondhealthpartnership.co.uk/2021/05/19/new-cutting-the-wait-for-second-covid-vaccine-jabs-to-8-weeks/

If you are aged 50 or have existing medical conditions then it's 8 weeks if you want.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8596 on: June 19, 2021, 04:49:41 PM »

Good for both of you! It’s the only way out of this mess. They do recommend a bigger gap between doses although originally it was 3 weeks only. My 88 year old father had his two within 3 weeks back at the turn of the year.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8597 on: June 19, 2021, 05:32:50 PM »
A single standard dose of vaccine provided 76% protection overall against symptomatic covid-19 in the first 90 days after vaccination with protection not falling in this time frame. It is not clear, however, how long protection might last with a single dose as there were too few cases after 90 days to make any meaningful judgment.

The analyses suggest that it is the dosing interval and not the dosing level which has the greatest impact on the efficacy of the vaccine. This is in line with previous research supporting greater efficacy with longer intervals with other vaccines such as influenza and Ebola.

The study found vaccine efficacy reached 82.4% after a second dose in those with a dosing interval of 12 weeks or more (95% confidence interval 62.7% to 91.7%). If the two doses were given less than six weeks apart the efficacy was only 54.9% (CI 32.7% to 69.7%).

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8598 on: June 19, 2021, 11:46:47 PM »

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8599 on: June 20, 2021, 12:06:34 AM »
https://inews.co.uk/news/g7-summit-was-super-spreading-event-for-cornwall-as-cases-rocket-2450-after-johnson-and-biden-visit-1060710

You couldn't make it up. I definitely can see why people are annoyed.

One person in Cornwall is receiving treatment. One. They should really have led with that... Dear me.