Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 550171 times)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
Bizarrely Sandwell council have suspended all debt related court action following the corona virus outbreak

http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/news/article/5573/council_suspends_debt-related_court_action_during_coronavirus_pandemic
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2020, 08:01:28 PM »
Bizarrely Sandwell council have suspended all debt related court action following the corona virus outbreak

http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/news/article/5573/council_suspends_debt-related_court_action_during_coronavirus_pandemic

I wonder if the Council are considering the financial impact on those that they are taking to court if they fall ill with the virus and only then receive statutory sick pay and have to repay a debt from that, which would further financial disadvantage them at a critical time. Just a thought.
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2020, 08:33:03 PM »

Given my age I am a bit sensitive to comments like that.......

.... never mind at least you were there in '68, I was only four months old ;) .

Joking aside, take care fella  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2020, 08:40:15 PM »

Given my age I am a bit sensitive to comments like that, and I have already quarantined myself without any prompting from you or the Government. You don't say how you would propose to build immunity in the rest  of the population, unless you are suggesting that it will just happen automatically when we are safely shut away.
please don’t be
It’s an extremely challenging time, I don’t think anyone is deliberately trying to hack anybody off....but people are trying to think of what is best and even then it doesn’t sit easy with all.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2020, 09:13:05 PM »
Being in the "at risk" group, I feel that self isolation could well be a good thing.
Everyone else becomes "herd immune" so therefore won't pass the virus on, and things should return to normal, and us old farts will come out unscathed.
We old farts, will miss most of the risk anyway.
Being an old fart, has its advantages with no work pressures etc.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2020, 11:45:50 PM »
I wonder if the Council are considering the financial impact on those that they are taking to court if they fall ill with the virus and only then receive statutory sick pay and have to repay a debt from that, which would further financial disadvantage them at a critical time. Just a thought.

Those currently in court for either possession or liability are there for a reason and it’s nowt to do with corona virus.

Council giving residents an excuse for not making rent/council tax payments but then happy to increase my bill at the end of each year !!

Those struggling to pay should either claim CTR or UC

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2020, 11:54:44 PM »
Those currently in court for either possession or liability are there for a reason and it’s nowt to do with corona virus.

Council giving residents an excuse for not making rent/council tax payments but then happy to increase my bill at the end of each year !!

You've been too long in the Civil Service, far too cynical ;)

As to the virus it's obviously a huge issue, if we were in "wartime" this generation wouldn't last 5 minutes. Imagine if the govt introduced actual rationing...

I back the science on this one. What Italy have done hasn't worked, what China did, didn't work. They'll inevitably get a 2nd spike once things go back to normal.

We are attempting to flatten the curve, and with our NHS capacity you can surely see why. The danger of this virus was always going to be its capacity to overwhelm the healthcare system,  not its actual mortality rate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2020, 11:59:42 PM »
Maybe the "reason" is a genuine inability to meet debts through unemployment,  mental health or issues with UC? Given the anticipated impact of Coronavirus on employers, the court system and the public sector generally, it seems a sensible and compassionate decision by our Council. They are not saying that they are ceasing action, just suspending it until calmer times.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2020, 12:40:40 AM »
.... never mind at least you were there in '68, I was only four months old ;) .

Joking aside, take care fella  8) .
Cheers young un ! You and yours too.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:59:06 AM by iwastherein68 »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2020, 07:07:01 AM »
People over 70 will be instructed by the government to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for four months, under a "wartime-style" mobilisation effort by the government likely to be enforced within the next 20 days.

Source: https://www.itv.com/news/2020-03-14/elderly-to-be-quarantined-for-four-months-in-wartime-style-mobilisation-to-combat-coronavirus/

Have the Rolling Stones got any gigs coming up?  ???
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2020, 12:06:36 PM »
It’s a national effort to win coronavirus fight, we all have crucial part to play

Article by Chief Scientific Adviser Sir Patrick Vallance.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/its-a-national-effort-to-win-coronavirus-fight-we-all-have-crucial-part-to-play
My posts are my personal views and any links or external inclusions are not necessarily an endorsement by me.
I'm an ordinary bloke with no hidden agenda, here just to enjoy all things Albion etc.

It's all about opinions, so don't shoot the messenger if he/she has a different view to you!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »
Message from Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Health & Social Care

"Calling all manufacturers who can support our National Effort for #coronavirus ventilator production - to help, contact Government Business Support team: 0300 456 3565 / ventilator.support@beis.gov.uk

If you have your own manufacturing business, know someone that does or if you work in manufacturing and can help in anyway, then please do so

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2020, 01:29:24 PM »

I'm self employed, work from home and not entitled to either of those so where do I stand if my income drops ?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2020, 01:59:00 PM »
What is coronavirus? Here's what you need to know in 60 seconds

https://twitter.com/i/status/1239533876457832449

Find out more: http://bbc.in/Coronavirus

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »
France asking everyone over there to stay in for 5 weeks

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2020, 02:23:16 PM »
I'm self employed, work from home and not entitled to either of those so where do I stand if my income drops ?

Why don't you qualify at present?

Assuming your income should drop as a result of the corona virus then you are entitled to claim UC and for the period in which you are affected will not be subject to an assumed income/minimum income floor..

Alternatively, if not already, https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ is available to individuals

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »
I know someone who has just resigned for a new job and and can't start yet.

Can he stil claim uc?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
Why don't you qualify at present?

Assuming your income should drop as a result of the corona virus then you are entitled to claim UC and for the period in which you are affected will not be subject to an assumed income/minimum income floor..

Alternatively, if not already, https://www.entitledto.co.uk/ is available to individuals

Not entitled to either of them, only thing we're entitled to is working tax credit which is due to my wife being unable to work due to illness

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
Viewing the current users online on at westbrom.com, 204 in total, it appears that a lot of people have started working from home or are self isolating, I'm in the latter category  ;)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
Viewing the current users online on at westbrom.com, 204 in total, it appears that a lot of people have started working from home or are self isolating, I'm in the latter category  ;)

I'm currently working from Starbucks as I have for the last 3 weeks praying that Sky do not cancel their appointment to sort my internet out at home tomorrow  :o

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2020, 03:12:05 PM »

You've been too long in the Civil Service, far too cynical ;)

As to the virus it's obviously a huge issue, if we were in "wartime" this generation wouldn't last 5 minutes. Imagine if the govt introduced actual rationing...

I back the science on this one. What Italy have done hasn't worked, what China did, didn't work. They'll inevitably get a 2nd spike once things go back to normal.

We are attempting to flatten the curve, and with our NHS capacity you can surely see why. The danger of this virus was always going to be its capacity to overwhelm the healthcare system,  not its actual mortality rate.

100% on the money, you cannot pour a gallon of ill people into a 1pint NHS, better to slow the rate of infection and deal with it over the longer term.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2020, 03:32:20 PM »
If that's the case shouldn't we be doing what we can to flatten the curve?  Such as asking people to work from home, restricting large gatherings, etc.  All the stuff that we are *not* doing?

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2020, 03:40:23 PM »
I think as the mortality rate is low outside the under 70s they want it to pass round us at a steady rate so the NHS can cope while the most vulnerable are asked to remain inside for a period of time.

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2020, 03:45:34 PM »
This apparently is the UK strategy for those unclear.