Author Topic: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD  (Read 97640 times)

royhan

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THREAD
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2021, 03:12:11 PM »
It’s a scandal that they appear to have avoided paying the paltry fee, particularly as they subsequently sold him to Villa for about £2 million.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
'If' this is indeed the case, maybe we should be taking them to court for the £2 million they sold him for.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #452 on: July 30, 2021, 09:42:09 AM »
I've seen a couple of pieces on Mbappe today.

I didn't realise he was out of contract next year. He has reportly told PSG he will not renew his contract and will leave on a free next year (this isnt new).

Could he be the first player to get a £1m per week salary? I think that looks very likely!

Cost of signing Grealish - £100m transfer fee, £200,000k per week on a 4 year deal  - £141,000,000.
Cost of signing Mbappe on a free, £1m per week on a 4 year deal - £208,000,000.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #453 on: July 30, 2021, 10:13:55 AM »
.......Cost of signing Grealish - £100m transfer fee, £200,000k per week on a 4 year deal  - £141,000,000.

The mind boggles at those numbers, especially when you take into account those numbers don't include signing on fees, bonuses, 'loyalty' payments and image rights etc.  :-X .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #454 on: July 30, 2021, 06:33:41 PM »
I've seen a couple of pieces on Mbappe today.

I didn't realise he was out of contract next year. He has reportly told PSG he will not renew his contract and will leave on a free next year (this isnt new).

Could he be the first player to get a £1m per week salary? I think that looks very likely!

Cost of signing Grealish - £100m transfer fee, £200,000k per week on a 4 year deal  - £141,000,000.

Wasn’t Messi on over £1m a week during his last contract?
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #455 on: July 31, 2021, 02:17:25 AM »
I am utterly confused by the Messi contract in part because of the Spanish habit of quoting net figures and the English media sometimes but not always quoting the Gross figure. I am fairly certain the old contract was well north of £1m a week and this one might be.

It is beyond madness because even the richest clubs cannot sustain spending at this level.

I have no idea where Barca are with their attempt to square the circle of their President's promise to re-sign Messi and cutting the wage bill down to the La Liga limit of £160m with possibly almost of a third of it going on the new Messi contract.

Even Real Madrid have to take stock of what is going on at Barca and they cannot offer Mbappe and or Haaland £1m a week contracts it is just impossible regardless of what they think they might "save" on fees.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #456 on: July 31, 2021, 07:54:16 AM »
Barcelona have apparently weighted a fair chunk of Messi's contract towards the end of his time there to balance the wage bill...... for now....... a bit....... whilst kicking the can down the road wearing a blindfold and whistling a merry tune in hope. An 'I can't see you so you can't see me' kind of thing. Fur coat and no knickers. Shameless shysters.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2021, 06:34:36 PM »
Lionel Messi will NOT extend his contract at Barcelona.

An absolute bomb has just been dropped. 💣

(Source: @GerardRomero)

PSG?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2021, 06:35:58 PM »

PSG?

Not this again.

Feels like we get one every summer..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #459 on: August 05, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »
Al-Hilal might have come in and tapped him up too

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #460 on: August 05, 2021, 07:05:49 PM »
Barca have released an official statement on their site stating something along the lines of financial hurdles or something. Looks like it's happening.

Imagine if Man City go get Messi and drop Grealish  ;D it won't happen but it'd be funny!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #461 on: August 05, 2021, 07:08:20 PM »

PSG?

I think he will end up staying on. The way in which the Barcelona statement is constructed is a plea to the Spanish FA to get this through for the good of the Spanish game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 07:19:26 PM by BB74 »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #462 on: August 05, 2021, 07:24:13 PM »
From Barcelona website

Leo Messi not staying at FC Barcelona

Despite club and player reaching an agreement and their clear intention to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles.

Despite FC Barcelona and Lionel Messi having reached an agreement and the clear intention of both parties to sign a new contract today, this cannot happen because of financial and structural obstacles (Spanish Liga regulations).

As a result of this situation, Messi shall not be staying on at FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that the wishes of the player and the club will ultimately not be fulfilled.

FC Barcelona wholeheartedly expresses its gratitude to the player for his contribution to the aggrandisement of the club and wishes him all the very best for the future in his personal and professional life.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #463 on: August 05, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »
I think Barca have serious money problems.

Did they ever pay us for Louis Barry? Let them rot.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #464 on: August 05, 2021, 07:49:50 PM »
Real Madrid Statement on their official web site

In light of the announcement of the agreement between LaLiga and CVC Capital Partners, Real Madrid states the following:

- This agreement was reached without the involvement or knowledge of Real Madrid and today, for the first time, LaLiga has given us limited access to the terms of the agreement.

- The clubs have signed over their audiovisual rights exclusively for their sale on a competitive basis for a period of three years. This agreement, by way of a misleading structure, expropriates 10.95% of the clubs' audiovisual rights for the next 50 years, in breach of the law.

- The negotiation was carried out without competitive proceedings and the financial conditions agreed with CVC Capital Partners give them annual returns of over 20%. This opportunistic fund is the same which tried and failed to reach similar agreements with the Italian and German leagues.

- Real Madrid cannot support a venture which hands the future of 42 Primera and Segunda División clubs over to a group of investors, not to mention the futures of those clubs who qualify over the next 50 years.

- Real Madrid will convene the Assembly of Representative Members to debate the agreement and discuss the significant loss of equity, unprecedented in our 119-year history.

All is not rosy in the La Liga garden it would appear.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #465 on: August 05, 2021, 08:48:44 PM »
The "new" Messi contract was never going to square the financial circle at Barca. Even with him gone Barca are miles over their
spending limits.

Real & Barca who have every imaginable financial advantage over the rest of La Liga have mismanaged their affairs to such a degree that they are virtually broke and it is somehow La Liga's fault. I didn't think I could have more contempt for the Super League clubs but they seldom disappoint.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #466 on: August 05, 2021, 09:23:18 PM »
The timing is odd, coinciding with the La Liga rights sale. Makes me wonder if there is some politics at play as La Liga won't want to lose Messi either.

Hopefully he does leave though, would be great seeing him playing elsewhere. Would love for it to be England but the Grealish signing might cut off the only realistic option he has here. Maybe Chelsea? Most likely PSG
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #467 on: August 05, 2021, 09:44:12 PM »
The timing is odd, coinciding with the La Liga rights sale. Makes me wonder if there is some politics at play as La Liga won't want to lose Messi either.

Hopefully he does leave though, would be great seeing him playing elsewhere. Would love for it to be England but the Grealish signing might cut off the only realistic option he has here. Maybe Chelsea? Most likely PSG
I dont want to see players on that sort of money in the uk, it will just compound the gap between the haves and have nots
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #468 on: August 05, 2021, 10:03:11 PM »
I can see City doing some sort of deal where they pay him for longer than he plays for them in order to get around FFP. Perhaps with him spending time at New York City too.

That’s if he doesn’t stay at Barca which I’m sure could still happen. It would be a tragedy if after years of people saying Messi has only done it in one league, he goes to France.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #469 on: August 07, 2021, 06:36:41 PM »
PSG's players and employees have been informed that Leo Messi is signing.
(Source: @Le_Parisien)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: August 07, 2021, 08:19:33 PM »
BREAKING: Inter Milan is heading towards Liquidation. The plan is to sell every player who receives a bid. Selling Lukaku isn’t the end: Lautaro Martinez, Barella, De Vrij. No-one can be certain of wearing the Inter shirt next season.

(Source: @Corriere)

Big financial problems across European leagues by the looks
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #471 on: August 07, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »
I think the Inter story is bogus, seen a few serious journalists pointing out that there is no such story in Corriere
Boing Boing

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #472 on: August 08, 2021, 04:52:16 PM »
People have pointed it out and have a very good point. Messi if he really loves Barca he could actually say' I will play for nothing'. But he won't do that. He has got to be one of the richest footballers in the world. Will probably rock up at PSG on mega money.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 05:04:36 PM by gerry m »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #473 on: August 08, 2021, 07:06:09 PM »
People have pointed it out and have a very good point. Messi if he really loves Barca he could actually say' I will play for nothing'. But he won't do that. He has got to be one of the richest footballers in the world. Will probably rock up at PSG on mega money.
He has a family in Argentina to make financially secure and he came from a humble background That trumps any thing else as we well know!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2021, 07:10:26 PM »

He couldn’t sign even if he played for nothing. Barca’s wage bill with messi would be115% of income and it’s still 95% without Messi. The Spanish football authorities have a limit of 70% . Hence why he can’t sign unless Barca **** a load of players.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 09:50:25 PM by MarkW »