Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1184069 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #8250 on: May 13, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »
Rumours of delaying our rights being given back to us due to the Indian variant. Hopefully just that.

Cumulative deaths per million in India - around 190 people.

NHS backlog announced of 5 million patients waiting to start treatment by March 2021. Lives in danger.

What a mess.
Not sure where the India figures come from but it's reported that the India death figures are far higher than the figures being reported. Also India is a massive country. Covid is devastating certain highly populated areas but other huge areas of the country are relatively unaffected. If you use the full population of India in this figure it doesn't reflect the devastating impact on the badly affected areas like Delhi.

As for our country, the NHS backlog is massive and yes lives are in danger but there just wouldn't have been the capacity to keep all services running while also treating covid patients at the height of the pandemic. You'd have had to refuse to treat covid patients to be able to carry on with other services. Think it maybe gets forgotten but the NHS will have saved countless thousands of lives of covid sufferers with the drug, oxygen and critical care resources.

On another note, why were we so slow adding India to the red list ? Defies belief.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8251 on: May 13, 2021, 02:05:43 PM »
Official figures currently suggesting 4k deaths a day from 1.2 billion. Even if its double that its a tiny tiny tiny tiny percentage. Again, hardly end of the world stuff it's made out to be.

Regarding the NHS the government sacrificed other peoples lives in favour of covid19 to prevent it becoming overwhelmed. The NHS was never overwhelmed when we look at the facts. That doesnt mean that individual hosptials didnt struggle of course but generally the NHS was not overwhelmed.

In exchange for protecting the NHS from  being overwhelmed with COVID19 patients we have now overwhelmed it with a record number of patients awaiting treatment. True that the NHS will have saved thousands of covid patients at the cost of thousands of lives of non-covid patients although I dont think thats worth celebrating.

Where we certainly agree is why isn't India on the red list being as it's so deadly but this is crazy covid world where nothing makes sense.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8252 on: May 13, 2021, 03:16:19 PM »
Official figures currently suggesting 4k deaths a day from 1.2 billion. Even if its double that its a tiny tiny tiny tiny percentage. Again, hardly end of the world stuff it's made out to be.

Regarding the NHS the government sacrificed other peoples lives in favour of covid19 to prevent it becoming overwhelmed. The NHS was never overwhelmed when we look at the facts. That doesnt mean that individual hosptials didnt struggle of course but generally the NHS was not overwhelmed.

In exchange for protecting the NHS from  being overwhelmed with COVID19 patients we have now overwhelmed it with a record number of patients awaiting treatment. True that the NHS will have saved thousands of covid patients at the cost of thousands of lives of non-covid patients although I dont think thats worth celebrating.

Where we certainly agree is why isn't India on the red list being as it's so deadly but this is crazy covid world where nothing makes sense.
So if the NHS wasn't overwhelmed it was certainly very fully stretched in the majority of areas. We had an average daily death toll of over 1200 for a couple of weeks. It would have been overwhelmed if covid hadn't been prioritised.
It's also worth remembering that this waiting list of 5 million wasn't zero before the pandemic - it was already around the 4 million mark.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8253 on: May 13, 2021, 03:29:25 PM »
No more anal fissure posts please, my sides are just healing up from 2017???

checked it was 2011,    http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=367.msg4970#msg4970

worth checking out if you havent read before.

I was only talking to Bolty about this the other day....

I think everyone reminices about this thread regularly  ;D

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8254 on: May 13, 2021, 03:59:44 PM »
So if the NHS wasn't overwhelmed it was certainly very fully stretched in the majority of areas. We had an average daily death toll of over 1200 for a couple of weeks. It would have been overwhelmed if covid hadn't been prioritised.
It's also worth remembering that this waiting list of 5 million wasn't zero before the pandemic - it was already around the 4 million mark.

Whichever way we look at it the NHS is in a real mess so the failed tactics of saving it through letting people die are even more disgusting to me.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8255 on: May 13, 2021, 04:28:14 PM »
Whichever way we look at it the NHS is in a real mess so the failed tactics of saving it through letting people die are even more disgusting to me.
I just can't see what your alternative is....it would have meant even more people dying if covid hadn't been given priority. There were still a lot of urgent procedures being done throughout the pandemic e.g. emergency treatment for heart attacks, strokes, serious accidents.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8256 on: May 13, 2021, 04:34:15 PM »
I just can't see what your alternative is....it would have meant even more people dying if covid hadn't been given priority. There were still a lot of urgent procedures being done throughout the pandemic e.g. emergency treatment for heart attacks, strokes, serious accidents.

I was rushed in the other week.
I have AF and my heart beat was extremely rapid. I spent 1 night in resus and 1 night on the medical ward while they monitored me.
As you rightly said, emergency treatment still goes on.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8257 on: May 13, 2021, 04:35:21 PM »

Time will tell. Once the dust has settled and the truth becomes clear over time and whistleblowers Cole out the wood work I believe the final toll will be much much much lower than what we are being scared into believing. I think the governments policies will be exposed as failure and many more lives lost due to these policies than saved.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8258 on: May 13, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »

I have AF and my heart beat was extremely rapid. I spent 1 night in resus and 1 night on the medical ward while they monitored me.

I'm glad you were seen too promptly and yes it's going on now. My mate had dizzy spells and they scanned him and found a brain tumour and it was out within 48 hours. Last year he wouldn't have been so lucky.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8259 on: May 13, 2021, 04:38:29 PM »

Ah that must have been worrying, hope things have settled down since.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8260 on: May 14, 2021, 12:45:56 PM »
4 deaths from the Indian variant announced.
Low I know, but ever had that deja vu feeling?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8261 on: May 14, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »

That we're being led up the garden path again? Yes.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8262 on: May 14, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »

Find out at 5.00pm
Downing Street conference with Boris and Chris 'the bearer of bad news' Witty

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8263 on: May 14, 2021, 01:09:04 PM »

I hope the garden path doesn't mean it's over and out regarding your cricketing updates on the Big Sports thread mate. You're an inspiration to us all in these uncertain times. A beacon of sporting prowess. I thank you Sir  ;D  ;)  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8264 on: May 14, 2021, 01:13:14 PM »
I hope the garden path doesn't mean it's over and out regarding your cricketing updates on the Big Sports thread mate. You're an inspiration to us all in these uncertain times. A beacon of sporting prowess. I thank you Sir  ;D  ;)  ;) .

Get ya nose out

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8265 on: May 14, 2021, 01:41:25 PM »

As inevitable as it is unwarranted. You'd think they would have closed India travel off by now but they have left it open. Almost like they dont want us resuming life.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8266 on: May 14, 2021, 02:27:55 PM »
As inevitable as it is unwarranted. You'd think they would have closed India travel off by now but they have left it open. Almost like they dont want us resuming life.

They wouldn't do another national lockdown would they?  :o
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8267 on: May 14, 2021, 02:47:01 PM »
They wouldn't do another national lockdown would they?  :o

I think they will stop any more rights being given back to us at least. Stay as we are while they let people continue to travel 'essentially' back and forth bringing it here.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8268 on: May 14, 2021, 05:42:10 PM »
Gobsmacked. He said route out of lockdown will continue but will be monitored. Fair play.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8269 on: May 14, 2021, 05:50:14 PM »
Gobsmacked. He said route out of lockdown will continue but will be monitored. Fair play.

Finally a bit of common sense. Government showing some backbone against the lockdown rhetoric.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8270 on: May 14, 2021, 05:50:56 PM »
Looks to me that at the moment June 21st release date is in serious danger !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8271 on: May 14, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »
Finally a bit of common sense. Government showing some backbone against the lockdown rhetoric.

Instead of inducing mass panic like normal they are actually going to see how a situation develops and react accordingly. I'm in shock.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8272 on: May 14, 2021, 05:56:11 PM »
Looks to me that at the moment June 21st release date is in serious danger !

Not how I interpret it, if this vaccine is remotely effective an increase in infections shouldn't make a dent in the NHS. Govt just need to stick to their roadmap.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8273 on: May 15, 2021, 12:53:15 PM »
I think I'm going to dig a bunker in the back garden when it stops raining. I'm hoping I won't be having enough spare time on my hands over the summer months for it to be unnecessarily deep though. Getting really, really bored now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8274 on: May 16, 2021, 01:50:00 PM »
I think I'm going to dig a bunker in the back garden when it stops raining. I'm hoping I won't be having enough spare time on my hands over the summer months for it to be unnecessarily deep though. Getting really, really bored now.

Pubs am open inside for Drinkers tomorrow, get out to you local pub and support them.

SOTV

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE