Author Topic: Jake Livermore  (Read 468818 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jake Livermore
« Reply #3050 on: April 30, 2023, 05:34:19 PM »
We paid too much for him, which wasn't his fault. We paid him too much, which wasn't his fault - if somebody's stupid enough to pay it, you're going to take it, aren't you? We kept him too long, which wasn't his fault. Even if others had wanted him at the time (which I doubt), he was on too high a contract here for people to match. Again, not his fault.

The stolen taxi? That was (partly) his fault. The five red cards, nearly one per season? That was his fault. The loss of any kind of dressing room discipline and the right mental attitude? See the taxi and the cards, it all started going wrong after he signed. The inability to play simple passes is on him. The complete absence of any kind of dynamism is on him - he actually did better when he trimmed off some of the muscle and could move. It didn't last. He was one of those who returned from lockdown in poor shape, and that was the beginning of the end for him. That was his fault.

1 promotion but two relegations from a division he was signed to help keep us in; as an England international at the time, he should have been a big part of that.

It's not all his fault, but he failed. And the reaction to his departure made me embarrassed; I've never know a club so accepting of medicority as us.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3051 on: April 30, 2023, 05:39:46 PM »
Jake Livermore's career at the Albion coincided with a period of decline from being an established Premier League club to the current mess. In the eyes of some fans he is the poster boy for that decline that is unfortunate and more than a little unfair.

All you can ever ask of a player is that give you what they have to give. Jake Livermore did that. During his time at the club there were plenty that didn't and I am much happier poring scorn on their heads. There might have been questionable decisions surrounding him joining the club and offering him an extension, but the player didn't make those decisions.

Personally I would have torn up the Barcelona 4's contracts the moment they landed and none of them would have played for the club again. Football does not work like that which is not the players fault. 

Jake Livermore was better than he was painted never phoned it in and given he played for us for 6 years should be remembered more fondly than he will be.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3052 on: April 30, 2023, 05:57:48 PM »
Good post Standaman.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3053 on: April 30, 2023, 07:26:46 PM »
You make it so easy to shoot down anything you say, when a manager you backed was playing him, until CC took over.

So exactly when should he have gone to play "football" when he'd been playing?

Some simple facts which may have slipped your mind, in addition to the aforementioned:

1) A team had to come in for JL to move him on in January, which was the only time this could have gone and played football elsewhere.

2) JL cannot demand that another team take him, when no one wants him.

3) No team could afford his wages, so at best we'd pay a big portion of them, even if someone came in.

4) Look up Winston Borgarde and Jack Rodwell if you want to learn more about football, and how a player can sit on their contract.

What a load of condescending claptrap. Allardyce got it right with Livermore. He should have been shipped out of the club a long time ago. His agent deserves a medal for several inflated contracts that he managed to get the club to sign Livermore onto. Getting him off our wage bill can't come soon enough. That is one small mercy from the end of this season; that this thread now up to 123 pages can be put to sleep and the circa £25k a week allotted to Jake can go elsewhere. We do not have luxury of subsidising retirement for players.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3054 on: April 30, 2023, 08:19:19 PM »
What a load of condescending claptrap. Allardyce got it right with Livermore. He should have been shipped out of the club a long time ago. His agent deserves a medal for several inflated contracts that he managed to get the club to sign Livermore onto. Getting him off our wage bill can't come soon enough. That is one small mercy from the end of this season; that this thread now up to 123 pages can be put to sleep and the circa £25k a week allotted to Jake can go elsewhere. We do not have luxury of subsidising retirement for players.

I've never been a big admirer, JL, however, your argument which has now changed from he should have left because he wasn't playing  (which was wong as your hero Bruce was playing him) has now turned to he shouldn't have signed the contracts his great agent got him.

The error was in our ineffective hierarchy to offer him extensions and putting clauses in his contract allowing for extensions, not his for singing them.

Stick to watching videos of a nobody journeyman like Caulker as imo your creditability as an Albion fan went long before you backed Bruce and Button and then derided a basic error from Palmer, in one of his first few games, "as the worst gk error in football history", just because you had backed the wrong horse in Button, to Dara being terrible and "clinical" in scoring his own goal to lionising Bartley as "the best defender at our club".

You conveniently try and ignore what you have previously said and hit that complaint button, but those are the facts.

I mentioned Bruce and Button again as they both did and are doing exactly, what you wrongfully said JL did. Neither Bruce or Button have walked after they have realised that they  are useless.

What's the difference between them and JL?

BTW, how many home goals have we let in without Dara now and what was it before his injury?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3055 on: April 30, 2023, 10:23:00 PM »
I've never been a big admirer, JL, however, your argument which has now changed from he should have left because he wasn't playing  (which was wong as your hero Bruce was playing him) has now turned to he shouldn't have signed the contracts his great agent got him.

The error was in our ineffective hierarchy to offer him extensions and putting clauses in his contract allowing for extensions, not his for singing them.

Stick to watching videos of a nobody journeyman like Caulker as imo your creditability as an Albion fan went long before you backed Bruce and Button and then derided a basic error from Palmer, in one of his first few games, "as the worst gk error in football history", just because you had backed the wrong horse in Button, to Dara being terrible and "clinical" in scoring his own goal to lionising Bartley as "the best defender at our club".

You conveniently try and ignore what you have previously said and hit that complaint button, but those are the facts.

I mentioned Bruce and Button again as they both did and are doing exactly, what you wrongfully said JL did. Neither Bruce or Button have walked after they have realised that they  are useless.

What's the difference between them and JL?

BTW, how many home goals have we let in without Dara now and what was it before his injury?

Bruce, Button and Dara O’Shea, anyone else you’d like to mention in the Jack Livermore thread. Trev the shed maybe?

I’ve never said that Livermore should not have signed the contracts the club offered him, quite the opposite, his agent deserves a medal.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3056 on: May 01, 2023, 01:02:59 AM »
Bruce, Button and Dara O’Shea, anyone else you’d like to mention in the Jack Livermore thread. Trev the shed maybe?

I’ve never said that Livermore should not have signed the contracts the club offered him, quite the opposite, his agent deserves a medal.

You clearly implied that the moment he was dropped JL should have demanded a move so he could play elsewhere and not just keep on getting paid.

Yet, you make no similar comment towards such a terrible player like Button, who isn't even on the bench.

JL has certainly given more in our shirt than Button.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3057 on: May 01, 2023, 01:32:53 PM »
You clearly implied that the moment he was dropped JL should have demanded a move so he could play elsewhere and not just keep on getting paid.

Yet, you make no similar comment towards such a terrible player like Button, who isn't even on the bench.

JL has certainly given more in our shirt than Button.

If you want to discuss Button feel free to reopen his thread; I'm not sure anybody is interested.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3058 on: May 03, 2023, 12:09:16 PM »
Always liked the Hull midfield when Jake and Huddleston were in it but little did I realise it was all down to Tom, again club signed the wrong player.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3059 on: May 03, 2023, 02:27:49 PM »
Jake Livermore's career at the Albion coincided with a period of decline from being an established Premier League club to the current mess. In the eyes of some fans he is the poster boy for that decline that is unfortunate and more than a little unfair.

All you can ever ask of a player is that give you what they have to give. Jake Livermore did that. During his time at the club there were plenty that didn't and I am much happier poring scorn on their heads. There might have been questionable decisions surrounding him joining the club and offering him an extension, but the player didn't make those decisions.

Personally I would have torn up the Barcelona 4's contracts the moment they landed and none of them would have played for the club again. Football does not work like that which is not the players fault. 

Jake Livermore was better than he was painted never phoned it in and given he played for us for 6 years should be remembered more fondly than he will be.

I know for a fact that it simply isn't true and he was more unprofessional than some would believe. I actually like him as a person, but some are painting him out to be a true professional which simply isn't true.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3060 on: May 06, 2023, 03:46:37 PM »
I know for a fact that it simply isn't true and he was more unprofessional than some would believe. I actually like him as a person, but some are painting him out to be a true professional which simply isn't true.

Tell us  how he was unprofessional, other than what we know regarding the cab 4 incident.

It's not libellous if it's true.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3061 on: May 06, 2023, 05:33:38 PM »
I've said it before, Pulis ruined him be getting him to bulk up.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3062 on: July 21, 2023, 08:20:23 PM »
Livermore signs 1 year deal at Watford - official.

Great news. Instantly makes Watford far weaker

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3063 on: July 21, 2023, 08:23:14 PM »
Great news. Instantly makes Watford far weaker

Can't see how a near-34 year old Livermore keeps up with Valball at all.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3064 on: July 21, 2023, 10:02:12 PM »
Can't see how a near-34 year old Livermore keeps up with Valball at all.
Yeah, he's literally the worst fit for Ishmael's style. Bizarre, but also shows just how clueless and wreckless Val was when looking at signings.

I actually think Livermore could do one more season in the Championship, so long as it was for a very deep/defensive side where he didn't have to be very mobile. Val ball is literally the opposite of that.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3065 on: July 21, 2023, 10:08:37 PM »
Yeah, he's literally the worst fit for Ishmael's style. Bizarre, but also shows just how clueless and wreckless Val was when looking at signings.

I actually think Livermore could do one more season in the Championship, so long as it was for a very deep/defensive side where he didn't have to be very mobile. Val ball is literally the opposite of that.

It's the worst possible fit for both sides. Still it's their money

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3066 on: July 22, 2023, 12:17:55 AM »
Only way it works is if he's on the bench to come on as the fifth sub in the 80th minute.

He has played for Val before so might help with getting the tactics across. I severely doubt he's been bought as a first choice
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3067 on: July 22, 2023, 07:51:51 AM »
Even the Watford fans can spot how bad this signing is😂😂😂😂
MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3068 on: July 22, 2023, 12:07:07 PM »
Some of you just can't let it go can you ............................obsessed . I would have thought you would be happy to jeer him when he comes back.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3069 on: July 24, 2023, 10:50:18 AM »
Some of you just can't let it go can you ............................obsessed . I would have thought you would be happy to jeer him when he comes back.

Posters on a forum react to breaking news. What a shocker  :o

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3070 on: July 26, 2023, 09:11:17 AM »
could Val play him as C-Half ??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3071 on: August 28, 2023, 10:53:01 AM »
At the game on Saturday , supporting the lads. Once a Baggie always a Baggie