Author Topic: Callum Robinson  (Read 172417 times)

dubliner

• Baby Baggie

Re: Callum Robinson
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2020, 07:52:56 PM »
Seen a fair bit of Robinson with Ireland, definitely a forward rather than an out and out striker but decent player nonetheless.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2020, 08:12:56 PM »
Got enough striker's at the club who aren't that reliable in putting ball in back of net, Dowling not doing it for me on recruitment front.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »
Scored 13 in 28 for Preston last year which isn’t too bad to say he played out wide and number 10 role as well. we were told we were signing players for and not next season if we get promoted. Let’s get behind him if he comes on loan he will have a point to prove.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2020, 09:37:13 PM »
Utterly perplexed why people are underwhelmed by the Robinson link who exactly were you expecting? He is most definitely a winger did most of his best work on the left of a Preston 4-2-3-1. I would query why we are bringing another right footed wide player when we have Edwards and Phillips however at this point in time probably one of the few realistic options that are available.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2020, 09:53:51 PM »
Utterly perplexed why people are underwhelmed by the Robinson link who exactly were you expecting? He is most definitely a winger did most of his best work on the left of a Preston 4-2-3-1. I would query why we are bringing another right footed wide player when we have Edwards and Phillips however at this point in time probably one of the few realistic options that are available.

He's not that good that's why. Bilic has previously stated the need to bring in QUALITY, correctly.

Orsic or Robinson is a no brainer ability wise if you compare the two.

Robinson is just another of the same sort of level we have already.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 10:13:10 PM »
He's being lined up to play as a left winger for me. Good player but not the lightning quick type I was led to believe we were after. Definitely not someone I could see thriving as a lone striker, and I don't think he'd be any better than what we have in the striker position.

Another reason I think he's the the preferred winger target is that I think Orsic would be signed by now if he was our first choice as that deal looks a pretty straight forward one to me. Then I'd have to assume the other target is an out-and-out striker.

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 10:13:26 PM »

He's not that good that's why. Bilic has previously stated the need to bring in QUALITY, correctly.

Orsic or Robinson is a no brainer ability wise if you compare the two.

Robinson is just another of the same sort of level we have already.
How is Orsic another level? Based on a couple of decent games in the champions league? A player of real quality wouldn’t be only attracting championship interest at 27 years of age and only played on Croatia and China in his career if he was another level in my opinion.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 10:26:15 PM »
How is Orsic another level? Based on a couple of decent games in the champions league? A player of real quality wouldn’t be only attracting championship interest at 27 years of age and only played on Croatia and China in his career if he was another level in my opinion.
Sheff Utd obviously don't think Robinson's Premiership quality. Could he perform at Champions League level and score several times? 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
I remember him from Preston away last season. Played really well in that game. Depends on fee etc but he’s useful.

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 10:35:23 PM »
Masi reporting this ones close and he was at the training ground today

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2020, 10:37:21 PM »
Sheff Utd obviously don't think Robinson's Premiership quality. Could he perform at Champions League level and score several times?
Who knows? Orsic until last year no one had heard of or would be remotely interested in. Just takes the right club at the right time for a players career to lift off. Robinson had just over 1 in 2 record in the championship last season as good as Gayle and Rodriguez while playing out wide or behind the striker, he’s only 24 deserves a chance

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2020, 10:54:27 PM »
We really need a fast striker!!
Don’t worry too much about whether they can score plenty of goals, a striker with a quick sprint is what we need to break some of these teams down. When we break we take too long to get into dangerous positions in the opponents half. Too many times I’ve seen the movement break down because we don’t have the speed in a striker. Before you know it 10 bodies are back and we’re either passing the ball backwards or around the edge of penalty area attempting to break the team down.

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2020, 11:42:36 PM »
Transfer update. Albion are closing in on Callum Robinson with the player at the club's training ground today. There's still interest in Mislav Orsic but Bilic also keen on another forward. Palace also ready to bid for Ferguson. Details here: https://t.co/q0OS9Vla7L #wba

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »
Looked a good player at Preston and was a no brainer for him to choose PL over us in the summer. Sheff Utd have a particular type of forward/striker and I can't think he's suited to the system.

Will be a decent signing imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2020, 12:36:36 AM »
There were a lot of good reports about his progression when he was at the Vile and quite a few of theirs were sorry to see him go without really being given a chance to prove himself at first team level. Was firing on all cylinders down the left and very effective cutting inside for Preston last season. Plenty of pace too.

Then he missed I think it was eighteen games on the trot due to a hamstring injury and was then used sparingly until the season's end. If Sheff Utd supporters are genuinely reporting he lacks pace since his arrival they're either taking the mick or there may be underlying physical or confidence issues.

If he's been at the training ground as suggested in reports I'm hoping it's for an extensive medical lasting a few days. Without wanting to be a voice of doom before/if he even signs I'm also hoping we've leased an extra hydropool. Just in case.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2020, 01:07:40 AM »
Will be confirmed tomorrow...

Who’s next ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2020, 06:26:11 AM »
Definitely NOT a striker he is coming on loan so no long term commitment he is probably better than Phillips and reading between the lines we are concerned about Diangana's fitness which makes this a little bit more logical would be even better were he left footed.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2020, 08:09:59 AM »
Plays on the other side to Phillips. As posted when linked to Orsic, if he signs I think this could mean Diangana swapping sides with Phillips more often given the right is Grady's preferred side. Good to have players who can swap sides as with Phillips and Edwards.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
As Standaman has often said, when you have inverted wingers it's far more effective when they both are so Robinson left and Diangana right makes a lot of sense, in more of a 4213 formation with Perieria advanced from any 2 DMs.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 09:31:54 AM »
Done deal according to Twitter.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2020, 09:46:52 AM »
Pretty happy with this. Good age range, loan deal so we can run the rule over him before committing. Used to the rigours of English football His scoring record in the champ in perfectly respectable despite what some on here say. Its exactly the sort of deal we should be pursuing.

The howling from some of the younger supporters just because his FIFA rating isn't like Messi's is ridiculous.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
Is it loan with agreement to buy? Six million being quoted anyone?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2020, 10:30:21 AM »
SB wants what I call slick clever players who can control the ball and are fast,this guy fits his bill to a tee.
Good signing good age will fit in well.
Happy first signing.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »
Pretty happy with this. Good age range, loan deal so we can run the rule over him before committing. Used to the rigours of English football His scoring record in the champ in perfectly respectable despite what some on here say. Its exactly the sort of deal we should be pursuing.

The howling from some of the younger supporters just because his FIFA rating isn't like Messi's is ridiculous.

Ok, boomer. 😂 A solid signing, hopefully more to come.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »
I wish I was a boomer, my mortgage would be paid, my pension would be secure and my only issue would be when my blue passport coming.  ;D