West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 319853 times)

Offline kris_boing

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3125 on: September 04, 2019, 01:29:55 PM »
I'm going  ;D
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3126 on: September 04, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
I'm going  ;D
Good man!
I get that people are a bit disillusioned, but there's not much that would beat seeing England win a major trophy, before I shuffle off this mortal coil, so I will be watching with hope in my heart.

Offline Powelly

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3127 on: September 05, 2019, 08:30:00 AM »
any of you folk doing the Englands games, god i hate the international break

Doing both games. Long drive to Southampton after work on Tuesday.

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3128 on: October 11, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
I know Maddison has pulled out on this occasion and I’ve nothing against mount, he also looks a very good player, but I can’t understand how Southgate could say this week he cannot promise anyone game time when speaking about Maddison.

Hudson-Odoi got a start before he had started for Chelsea, Mount has moved up the pecking order dead quickly. I can’t see any other reason than they play for a more ‘fashionable club’ and the old big club bias

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3129 on: October 11, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
Has Pulis trained them?
A lot of backwards and sidewards passing. Even then, the final pass is poor.

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3130 on: October 11, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »
Harry Maguire  the most expensive defender in the history of the game. £80m for someone who hardly won an header all night and can only play short sideways passes. games mental. does Harry Kane ever attempt to head theball?

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3131 on: October 11, 2019, 10:13:17 PM »
A couple of hours of my life I wont get back - dire
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline BRIAN

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #3132 on: October 12, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »
I find the football at International  level and the Premiership totally boring. It seems to me "why make one pass when twenty will do?" I know it is looking for openings but it bores me to tears.
The Championship has more "old fashioned" type of play and certainly keeps me far happier.

Offline tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #3133 on: October 12, 2019, 09:33:28 AM »
It was a poor performance, the worst I’ve seen in a long time if I’m honest.

However that’s the first qualifier in 10 years we’ve lost....people have an off day, it happens!

If they come back and play well and smash Bulgaria then it’s a blip

I though the team selection was bad though myself

Rice AND Henderson doesn’t work that need to be stopped immediately.

Michael Keane is not an international Centre Half, he needs replacing

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3134 on: October 12, 2019, 10:17:31 AM »
Really poor last night.
Rice and Keane nowhere near good enough.
Sancho did nothing for me on that performance.
Hope its just a glitch and the put it right against Bulgaria.
Seems as though whenever we come up against a well set up physical team we struggle.
I was hoping that we could qualify with maximum points so that we had a good seeding.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3135 on: October 12, 2019, 10:42:00 AM »
Whenever we come up against anyone half decent we struggle. Southgate is a fraud.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3136 on: October 12, 2019, 12:28:55 PM »
It was a poor performance, the worst I’ve seen in a long time if I’m honest.

However that’s the first qualifier in 10 years we’ve lost....people have an off day, it happens!

If they come back and play well and smash Bulgaria then it’s a blip

I though the team selection was bad though myself

Rice AND Henderson doesn’t work that need to be stopped immediately.

Michael Keane is not an international Centre Half, he needs replacing
I’m with you
There’s been a bit of an over reaction ...maybe we have some really good players (Kane ,Sterling) maybe we have some that are still young and learning (Sancho,rice,Rashford) and maybe some that will never be top 16 teams of world football quality (Pickford,Keane,Henderson)

Something felt strange watching them last night,I started to wonder if the “spurs” issues had festered ,could it be that the Erickson/verthongen problem had split Kane/Rose/Trippier,was this why trippier was sold ?...do others in the England camp now dislike 1-2 individuals due to their stance

Or maybe we just had an off day
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline Barrington

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3137 on: Yesterday at 10:09:51 AM »
Whenever we come up against anyone half decent we struggle. Southgate is a fraud.

I completely agree.

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3138 on: Yesterday at 11:11:07 AM »
I’m with you
There’s been a bit of an over reaction ...maybe we have some really good players (Kane ,Sterling) maybe we have some that are still young and learning (Sancho,rice,Rashford) and maybe some that will never be top 16 teams of world football quality (Pickford,Keane,Henderson)

Something felt strange watching them last night,I started to wonder if the “spurs” issues had festered ,could it be that the Erickson/verthongen problem had split Kane/Rose/Trippier,was this why trippier was sold ?...do others in the England camp now dislike 1-2 individuals due to their stance

Or maybe we just had an off day

I actually think the England team is a bit of a mirror of the Spurs team. Always there or there abouts, have a half decent first 11 but never actually win anything. Heavily geared up to play with Kane as a lone striker with wing backs playing high up the pitch meaning we need holding midfielders in the middle to cover. Like Spurs we're also missing that truly top quality number 10 to help going forwards and link midfield and attack.

Personally I also think that whilst Kane is a very good finisher, he's part of both Spurs and England's problem, in that he's pretty much undroppable, but we have no plan b when he's in the team. Look at Spurs too, they're never going to be able to sign another decent striker whilst he's there as they know they'll be sat on the bench the majority of the time. He's a great finisher, but doesn't really have a turn of pace, doesn't play on the last defender, isn't a hold up man or particularly good in the air and means that we rely on wingers and attacking midfielders for creativity. Trouble is the whole team is set up with Kane in mind, meaning that when we try to switch it up with a different type of striker it often doesn't gel.