Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 345079 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3175 on: November 15, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
couldnt be arsed to watch the 7-0. was it a good game folks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3176 on: November 15, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
couldnt be arsed to watch the 7-0. was it a good game folks

decent display, not much of a "match" though, games like this make a mockery of disrupting the season to be honest, I haven't spoken to anyone who thinks they are justifiable, even fans of clubs with players in the team think its a distraction, let alone the risk of injuries .......
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3177 on: November 15, 2019, 04:49:12 PM »
It's alright cake walking the qualifiers need to do it on the big stage.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3178 on: November 18, 2019, 08:50:07 AM »
It's alright cake walking the qualifiers need to do it on the big stage.

We still somehow managed to lose a game in a group that should have been a complete doddle. First time in ten years that we have lost a qualifier, even under the complete disaster (apparently) that was Roy Hodgson we managed to avoid defeat in them.

I do get fed up of people holding Southgate up as being the Messiah. We managed to beat a few poor teams at the World Cup and lost eveyr game when we came up against anyone half decent...he is just not a good manager, when it comes to the crunch decisions he just is not up to it. We have a superb young squad now with the fruits of the under 17 world cup winning squad coming through which will be wasted under his watch.

BalisPen

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3179 on: November 23, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
We still somehow managed to lose a game in a group that should have been a complete doddle. First time in ten years that we have lost a qualifier, even under the complete disaster (apparently) that was Roy Hodgson we managed to avoid defeat in them.

I do get fed up of people holding Southgate up as being the Messiah. We managed to beat a few poor teams at the World Cup and lost eveyr game when we came up against anyone half decent...he is just not a good manager, when it comes to the crunch decisions he just is not up to it. We have a superb young squad now with the fruits of the under 17 world cup winning squad coming through which will be wasted under his watch.

Agreed he's vile less than average manager whose probably got his next pizza hut advert sorted for when he finally gets the boot.

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3180 on: November 30, 2019, 05:55:30 PM »
Euro 2020 group D  :-

England
Croatia
Czech republic
Scotland/Israel,Serbia/Norway. (play off winner)

England vs Croatia is our first game

Group of death for me is F

Germany, France, Portugal and either =Hungary/Iceland/Romania/Bulgaria (play off winner)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3181 on: January 05, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
These FA Cup 3rd round ties are showing the embarrassment of riches British football has (seemingly) coming through the EPPP plan. While I hate what it has done to clubs like us losing players far too easily, there does seem to be the highest number of young players i’ve ever seen, especially in positions we don’t usually develop.

Curtis Jones has just scored a worldie while Harvey Elliot looks quite brilliant at only 16 for Liverpool here (not to forget Rhian Brewster is also a decent young striker), Phil Foden had another good game and scored what I believe is the 11th senior goal of his career (young defender Harwood-Bellis with his first goal and Tommy Doyle also making appearances), Hamza Choudhury and Harvey Barnes had a good day at Leicester, Callum Hudson-Odoi got another for Chelsea while Fikayo Tomori marshalled another clean sheet, Brandon Williams dealt well with Adama Traore for Man U while Mason Greenwood got another start and Jake Vokins at 19 getting his first goal from left back for Southampton. Tomorrow Arsenal will likely field Bukayo Sako, Joe Willock, Emile Smith-Rowe, Ashley Maitland-Nile’s and Reiss Nelson.

Even Wales and the Rep of Ireland are benefitting with Will Smallbone, Adam Idah, Dan James, Neco Williams, Dara O’Shea and, while not actually used today, Troy Parrott being on the bench for Spurs.

The rest of the world will hate it, but the money in Europe was already giving a select group of nations an unfair advantage, and it looks like we have taken advantage. We had a squad good enough to make a World Cup semi final back in 2018, we have a host of options in addition to that squad already waiting to get their chance (Grealish, Maddison, Barkley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wan Bissaka, Alexander-Arnold, Abraham, Rice, Winks, Chilwell, Shaw, Mount and Sancho who yes, are already in the team etc), and then you have this third wave of kids who are showing how good they could be.

At some stage in the next decade, I will be very surprised if we don’t end up with the mother of all summer parties at one of the next 6 tournaments.
Boing Boing