West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: FA Appoint Hodgson as England Manager  (Read 34948 times)

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
Re: FA Appoint Hodgson as England Manager
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2012, 11:09:22 PM »
Just what is their problem....

Please please boycott this rag. Two days into the job, and already two character assassinations. Disgusting

Offline Dan

• WBA Coach
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
Typical of them really. As much as there's always journalists going on about they only want England to succeed its plainly obvious they don't care in the slightest.

Schweinsteiger didn't even say anything bad. I doubt he knows much if anything about Harry Redknapp either. Just like how i'd bet virtually no England player knew Joachim Loew before he became Germany manager.

Offline GrGr

• WBA Coach
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »
The Sun has been a piece of s*** for decades. What is new? It's a Murdoch rag after all.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:54:58 PM by Baggies »

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #303 on: May 04, 2012, 04:51:51 PM »
I see Bayern have written to the FA saying how surprised they are about the story, that they know Roy well and have the greatest respect for him. Schweinsteiger was quoted as saying "I dont know him" when he actually said "I dont know him very well". The Sun should be shut down like the NOTW.

Offline Albion79

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2012, 05:08:03 PM »
The Sun are just diggin themselves deeper in it, they are becoming a laughing stock.

They messed up with their headline the other day, they should of just said something along the lines of they messed it up, and now they are calling for the whole country to get behind Roy.

Instead they got Jonathan Ross on there to defend their previous days headlines, if they are going to get somebody on there who says its okay to take the mick thats their decision but they should of also got somebody who was against it.

Their approach i find really weird, its like they want him to fail and just want to focus on negatives, surely if the national team does well, people buy more papers to read about it and they get more profits! I am not saying they influence the national teams results but i think creating a positive vibe helps for sure!

For what its worth i bet more people in Germany know of Roy Hodgson than know about the The Sun!

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2012, 08:57:41 PM »
Rafa Honigstein, german journalist reporting a lot over here, has got quite angry about the misquotes in the story on his twitter account.

Im glad I dont buy the sun. The only positive I can see in people buying it is that it helps fun the Times.
Boing Boing

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2012, 08:59:47 PM »
Saw something earlier that Germany considered Roy for their managers job at one time, not sure which paper it was possibly thr Daily Mail
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie

On the online app edition there is an intresting interview with Keith Downing (sorry can't link or copy text). Basicly saying that He is not putting his name forward for the job and expects a big name to come in and fill Roy's boots. goes on to say that Foster has come on really well with us and is a credit to Dean Kiely and that there is a chance that Foster would come out of international retirement.

Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline Cunningham56

• Youth Baggie
Roy Hodgson thanks Albion [Video]
« Reply #308 on: May 05, 2012, 12:58:30 PM »
Roy Hodgson speaks after taking the England job and says why he simply couldn't refuse the opportunity.

The new national team coach also has a parting message for everyone at West Bromwich Albion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-F7G5KVrMs
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:46:07 PM by OldburyWBA »