West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 211199 times)

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1925 on: February 10, 2019, 05:19:35 PM »
i wouldn’t walk away from a contract worth £15k a week for 12 months.

He'd probably pick up a knock walking away anyway

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1926 on: February 10, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »
Do we know if he has to make a certain number of appearances this season to activate the extra year i.e. even though the year is meant to be in his favour, does he still have to make a certain number of appearances before being able to exercise his preference ?

Online timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1927 on: February 10, 2019, 09:56:04 PM »
Do we know if he has to make a certain number of appearances this season to activate the extra year i.e. even though the year is meant to be in his favour, does he still have to make a certain number of appearances before being able to exercise his preference ?
It wouldn't make any sense for the club to give him an extra year in his favour without making it dependent on appearances. That would be no different to a 2 year contract.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1928 on: February 10, 2019, 10:34:33 PM »
It wouldn't make any sense for the club to give him an extra year in his favour without making it dependent on appearances. That would be no different to a 2 year contract.
It's different from Morrison's viewpoint in that an extra year in his favour would mean he could walk away after 1 year if he wanted to but he couldn't if it was a straight 2 year deal.
Hopefully though as you say it will be appearance triggered (crazy if not).

Online timdon

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1929 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:29 PM »
It's different from Morrison's viewpoint in that an extra year in his favour would mean he could walk away after 1 year if he wanted to but he couldn't if it was a straight 2 year deal.
Hopefully though as you say it will be appearance triggered (crazy if not).
Why would he want to do that? He wouldn't get a better deal anywhere else.