West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 207186 times)

Online Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach
Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1900 on: November 11, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »
James Morrison isn't a bad player in fact on his day he is more than useful, he can be a game changer.
What he as always lacked is consistency now added with fitness issues he should have been let go at the end of last season if not before when Middlesbrough came in for him.

A lot of that though was as the only midfield attacker behind the only forward , many seasons of putting 10 players behind the ball as well .
Personally think the middle CM role will bring out a new player in him at his age .
Injuries avoided of course!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 09:55:22 PM by Dexy »
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1901 on: November 11, 2018, 10:57:14 PM »
If Morrison is now being re-modelled by switching to a deeper role instead if his AM role, then that ever present need to sign a peak proper AM is even greater.  Phillips did well last night and time will tell but I can't see it being a long term role for him (and we can't rely on his fitness). 

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1902 on: November 12, 2018, 08:28:37 AM »
With Barnes likely going back to Leicester in the 1st weej of January, attacking midfield was always going to be a priority anyway. Phillips was great Saturday but that was on the counter attack.  I'm not sure itbis Phillips style to play infront of a more congested, deeper defence so I agree this is further proof we will need a new AM in the first few weeks of January.

Have said all season I would like to see Morrison given a deeper role, just to try it out. He is a more natural fit than Brunt, and it is natural for a player like Morrison to drop deeper as he gets older. He was never a pure attacking midfielder anyway for me, although he did link midfield and attack well. It isn't a huge change for him to switch to a slightly deeper role alongside the battling defensive midfielder.

If he has the same energy levels as he did Saturday, he has to be a better option than Brunt.
Boing Boing

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1903 on: November 12, 2018, 08:30:50 AM »
With Barnes likely going back to Leicester in the 1st weej of January,
Haven't Leicester said that isn't going to happen?
COYB
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1904 on: November 12, 2018, 09:07:02 AM »
COYB
think that's what was reported a few weeks back.hope it's true anyway.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #1905 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »
COYB

Puel has said many times that they aren't looking to bring him back as it stands.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1906 on: November 12, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »
COYB

As it stands it looks like he's here for the season.

Whether injuries/transfers in January change that, who knows.

Morrison in the DM position works for me, more natural fit than Brunt being in there. Going forward it has to be Livermore next to Mozza/Barry dependant on fitness etc.

Offline Oldbury24

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #1907 on: December 03, 2018, 11:40:58 PM »
Was SUPERB tonight until the fuel ran out.  Doubted if he would be influential this year but looks fitter and faster than he has for a few years and always looks FORWARD.  Well done Mozza! Sad indictment of our recruitment over the last 5 years that he is the only forward minded CM player we have.  If he breaks down again we are in deep.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1908 on: Yesterday at 03:23:15 AM »
As well as Barry did for the first part of the game v villa he isn't mobile enough so Morrison if fit has to come back in for me. And hopefully when we find ourselves ahead in games Barry needs to come on for him.

Whilst it's good to see him fit again he doesn't look like he has 90 minutes in the tank let alone for 2 games a week.
O Albion we love you