Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 82435 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #800 on: March 11, 2020, 10:37:52 PM »
Technically second best
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #801 on: March 12, 2020, 12:07:00 AM »
I just don't get Atleti, spend over a £100m on a player yet still play like a Pulis team. Yes it is effective and they are very good at what they do but I wouldn't want to watch it every week.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #802 on: March 15, 2020, 09:15:04 PM »
Liverpool goalkeeper cost them the game when they were coasting to victory, you won't see a more one sided loss.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Atomic

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #803 on: March 15, 2020, 09:30:26 PM »
I just don't get Atleti, spend over a £100m on a player yet still play like a Pulis team. Yes it is effective and they are very good at what they do but I wouldn't want to watch it every week.

It's very difficult to break down organised and pragmatic teams with average players, when you have a collection of very good players set up in such a fashion it can be highly effective at the highest level.

It isnt the modern trend to play that way at the top echelons of the game which from an entertainment point of view is a blessing but football goes in cycles and I can see more teams adopting a more defensive approach before too long.