Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 919706 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #9100 on: May 22, 2020, 11:18:16 PM »
The courts seemed to have seen through that immediately though hence the swift and firm 'NO'. If they successfully appealed it would set an incredible precedent and open up a whole new other nonsense appeals.

They won’t give up without a fight, even if against all the odds
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It’s only painful to others.

The same applies, when you are stupid

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9101 on: May 23, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »
They won’t give up without a fight, even if against all the odds

I agree, they will appeal and appeal until they can't appeal to anyone else but I think they would be better served using their time and energy preparing for Ligue 2 as ultimately they are going to be relegated.

LiamTheBaggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9102 on: May 23, 2020, 09:49:48 AM »
So the Premier league have approved the £300m takeover at Newcastle

If Bin Laden had been alive today I am sure that they would have seen him fit to own a club.

The EPL should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

They already are involved.

The Bin Laden family provided a £3million loan to the current owner of Sheffield Utd.

They also tried to purchase Kevin McCabes shares
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9103 on: May 23, 2020, 09:51:33 AM »
I agree, they will appeal and appeal until they can't appeal to anyone else but I think they would be better served using their time and energy preparing for Ligue 2 as ultimately they are going to be relegated.
Just to be clear
Lyon are not relegated, their appeal is based on missing champions league qualification.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9104 on: May 23, 2020, 11:15:29 AM »
They already are involved.

The Bin Laden family provided a £3million loan to the current owner of Sheffield Utd.

They also tried to purchase Kevin McCabes shares

Now you mention it that rings a bell Liam!

What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

SmethDan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9105 on: May 23, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
Now you mention it that rings a bell Liam!

Reminds me of the Quasimodo joke......

(Ed', not you personally Liam  ;D )
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9106 on: May 23, 2020, 01:03:07 PM »
Just to be clear
Lyon are not relegated, their appeal is based on missing champions league qualification.

Quite right, my bad.

Webby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9107 on: May 23, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »
I do realise that Webby and do not agree with it, I have known about that for quite some time. I am also aware of their poor human rights record.

Allowing them to buy a club is 'legitimising' the above for me, that is why I am not happy. It is saying 'yes we know you commit atrocities with the weapons we sell, and that you savagely  murder many many of your citizens, but welcome to the Western World and the Premiership - come on in'.

Unfortunately chap the world is a horrible, horrible place. Imagine the stuff we don't even know about! I wouldn't want too either.

This take over of Newcastle does appear to be dragging though, supposed to be start of May and it is now nearly June. Wonder if Mr Ashley is up to anything
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9108 on: May 23, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »
Unfortunately chap the world is a horrible, horrible place. Imagine the stuff we don't even know about! I wouldn't want too either.

This take over of Newcastle does appear to be dragging though, supposed to be start of May and it is now nearly June. Wonder if Mr Ashley is up to anything
Talked about that this is already done...but if they announce then 20,000 geordies will go to the ground....and they probably would.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9109 on: Yesterday at 09:21:07 AM »
Alan Nixon Twitter

"Premier League. Being asked to give 200m to EFL. 10m per club. That’s 6.6m per Championship club. 1m each for League One. 666k for League Two. One off money. Issues over those with parachute payments. And Prem want ‘something back’ out of it. Big big issue."

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9110 on: Yesterday at 10:12:07 AM »
I appreciate that people like myself and Skyclad are stood on the quayside shaking our fists at a ship that has long sailed. As others have pointed out Newcastle is not the first takeover by Saudi money and yes Abdullah Bin Mosa'ad Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud is a bonafide Prince and has held posts in the Government. Where were my posts about this being a sad day for football then?

I tell you there weren't any. Why? Probably because at the time Sheffield United were a League 1 club and Abdullah was only coming in as a minority stakeholder . Did it make right? No Was it instructive? Yes and to a degree more so than Newcastle.

McCabe is a Blades fan he sold part of the club for a £1 in return for £80m of investment from Abdullah. That is a league one/Championship club. McCabe is a wealthy man a fan and he could not bankroll them and he turned to a Saudi Prince. That is the problem. The general insanity of football finance means it opens door to every ghoul with a cheque book.

Why does Ashley own Newcastle? Because the previous owners could no longer afford to do so and critically Ashley failed to do any due diligence.

The problem is not the providence of new owners it is the bonkers ill regulated Chimps tea party that is football that means football clubs have to be owned by people prepared to bankroll clubs and as such fans can't be too picky about that ownership.

Alan Nixon Twitter

"Premier League. Being asked to give 200m to EFL. 10m per club. That’s 6.6m per Championship club. 1m each for League One. 666k for League Two. One off money. Issues over those with parachute payments. And Prem want ‘something back’ out of it. Big big issue."

And here is a case in point. Seriously that is just about enough to keep the lights on. It was a drop in the ocean for premier league clubs before the crisis with everything else it probably isn't at the moment. Although Man U have just paid £13m to shareholders and another £3.6m on a share buy back to "support" the share price but that's Man U and they are just on a whole different level to everyone else.

The big concern is what do they want back? No promotion from the EFL for a couple of seasons for instance. 
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:22:49 AM by Standaman »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9111 on: Yesterday at 10:33:36 AM »
More likely that B Teams rears it's head than no promotion imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9112 on: Yesterday at 11:22:06 AM »

The big concern is what do they want back? No promotion from the EFL for a couple of seasons for instance.

This question was asked immediately and Nixon responded that having no relegation from the PL was not an option. It's sometihng else.

More likely that B Teams rears it's head than no promotion imo.

I imagine it's something along these lines.

gazberg

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9113 on: Yesterday at 11:36:23 AM »
Ok Nixon said it's not about B teams, it's about parachute payments. The clubs that are due them won't get the £6.6m on top at it stands.