West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 1107485 times)

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8100 on: August 10, 2019, 11:20:36 AM »
Anyone else fed up with this lot already?

My in laws are villa and for the past three years they've hardly mentioned football. This last week it's been horrendous.

Top six finish, spent loads of money etc.

I hope that Smith isn't what they think he is and takes them down.

Unfortunately mate I just can’t see there not being 3 worse teams then villa . Think they will be bottom half but I can’t see them going down . Hope I’m wrong though

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8101 on: August 10, 2019, 11:23:30 AM »
12th would be a very good season for us first season back up and would give us the opportunity to stabilise and build on it.

Not sure what Villa fans you've seen or heard say we're going to finish much higher than that but every club has their lunatics. I believe we could finish anywhere between 12th-17th depending on how well we gel and this could come back to bite me but I don't think we'll go down. Trust me though that the majority of us would be happy to stay up this season and anything else is a bonus. Not saying we're going to be world beaters though but outside of the top 8/9 teams there is very little separating the rest and there are a lot of poor sides.

There has been a lot of "They're doing a Fulham" banded about but our buys seem more sensible and have more thought behind them. We've kept together our loan players and replaced players that left with better players like Trezeguet for Adomah, Luiz for Whelan etc.

Whatever happens, and I'm sure there will be a few heavy defeats along the way, I think we will try to attack and play good football. I'd much rather see that than the likes of Brighton last season who played with 10 defenders and were scared to cross the halfway line.
First off you seem half-decent unlike most of your clan probably because you're a blackcountry lad!
I despise vile with every fibre of my being but haven't a clue who you have signed or how good they might be as long as you don't win anything and lose more than you win you can finish as high as eighth matters not, good luck!

Offline Dynamo10

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #8102 on: August 10, 2019, 11:41:49 AM »
Anyone else fed up with this lot already?

My in laws are villa and for the past three years they've hardly mentioned football. This last week it's been horrendous.

Top six finish, spent loads of money etc.

I hope that Smith isn't what they think he is and takes them down.

I'm never not fed up with them. They've been ridiculously vocal on social media all summer - big contrast to 12 months ago (I wonder why!) and it's beyond tragic how they think that they'll going to be doing all sorts when they don't have a good enough strike force for that level.

Can't see to see the bedsheets out in October!  :D

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8103 on: August 10, 2019, 12:01:15 PM »
I'm never not fed up with them. They've been ridiculously vocal on social media all summer - big contrast to 12 months ago (I wonder why!) and it's beyond tragic how they think that they'll going to be doing all sorts when they don't have a good enough strike force for that level.

Can't see to see the bedsheets out in October!  :D

Or this year’s cabbages

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8104 on: August 11, 2019, 04:00:03 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere and I haven't checked the stats for myself. But Little Miss Girlish has apparently been on the losing side for Aston Villa on nineteen consecutive occasions spread over three Prem' seasons. That's not nineteen Prem' Villa defeats in a row, just his appearances in a Villa shirt in the Prem' which have ended in defeat. This is reportedly the longest losing streak of any professional footballer in the history of the Prem'. The bloke's a Jonah! Long may that run continue  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8105 on: August 11, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »
Very difficult on yesterdays evidence to see where they get enough goals from to avoid struggling. Also can't see a system with 3up front plus Greasy and McGinn will work in Prem they will get run all over as per second goal yesterday however hope Smith continues with this system to try and prove me wrong as it will all end in cabbages (hopefully !!) 8) 8)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #8106 on: August 11, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
Like half of the league,loosing to Tottenham wont get you relegated. Loosing to teams that may finish around you, will
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8107 on: August 11, 2019, 05:50:42 PM »
Like half of the league,loosing to Tottenham wont get you relegated. Loosing to teams that may finish around you, will
Good point
Would add that the morale after the way they lost to Tottenham will help send them down
Really need Bournemouth to spank them
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8108 on: August 11, 2019, 06:21:22 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere and I haven't checked the stats for myself. But Little Miss Girlish has apparently been on the losing side for Aston Villa on nineteen consecutive occasions spread over three Prem' seasons. That's not nineteen Prem' Villa defeats in a row, just his appearances in a Villa shirt in the Prem' which have ended in defeat. This is reportedly the longest losing streak of any professional footballer in the history of the Prem'. The bloke's a Jonah! Long may that run continue  8) .
Personally, I find this stat you found to be the most astonishing, unbelievable little factoid. I know they were pretty bad & lost a lot of games those last couple years before they went down but c-mon the odds of this happening have to be pretty long. To not have been involved in at least a scrappy draw at least once during this time that spans over three separate Premier League seasons is mind blowing. A Jonah indeed, it’s been the equivalent to half of a Prem. League season since you have gotten a single point from a match he’s been involved in.......you gotta toss um!! But as you say hope they don’t and long may that run of bad luck continue!!

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #8109 on: August 11, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
Personally, I find this stat you found to be the most astonishing, unbelievable little factoid. I know they were pretty bad & lost a lot of games those last couple years before they went down but c-mon the odds of this happening have to be pretty long. To not have been involved in at least a scrappy draw at least once during this time that spans over three separate Premier League seasons is mind blowing. A Jonah indeed, it’s been the equivalent to half of a Prem. League season since you have gotten a single point from a match he’s been involved in.......you gotta toss um!! But as you say hope they don’t and long may that run of bad luck continue!!
Can we get them to pair him with Nigel Quasie?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #8110 on: August 12, 2019, 05:37:59 PM »
Not going to judge Villa till I see them vs some of the sides mid table and below. Their defence looked quite solid until the final 10 mins of the game and while i've doubts over their strike force, they have a ton of interesting creative midfielders who could shoulder the goal scoring burden.

As for the Grealish stat, I think Bale had a similar statistic at Spurs a few years ago, just before he went on the run that saw him establish himself as one of the nest players in the world. Grealish will be a prem player.
Boing Boing

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8111 on: August 12, 2019, 08:10:26 PM »

The link to a BBC Sports article confirms your post.

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/004b7960-0fcd-4909-acd9-7b68954522f1
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline Albertbaggie

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #8112 on: August 17, 2019, 08:10:31 PM »
Add another to the run now  ;D

Offline WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8113 on: August 17, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
All I ever see with this lot is Dean Smith and his non-stop whinging...blokes worse than Mark Hughes.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #8114 on: August 17, 2019, 09:12:34 PM »
All I ever see with this lot is Dean Smith and his non-stop whinging...blokes worse than Mark Hughes.

Sacked early October.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8115 on: August 17, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »

Sacked early October.
I looked at their team today and cannot understand where  £125 M has been spent unless there’s a major improvement in results (pray not) I agree that he will be toast
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8116 on: August 18, 2019, 09:30:51 AM »
I live in Lancashire and start of each season my mates and I have a flutter on the three to go down from the Prem, the three to go back up and Albion's finishing position.

One of my mates, a Blackpool supporter, has Wolves and Villa in the relegation spots. Needless to say he has shot up in my mates league. Even though I think he will be wrong.

;)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #8117 on: August 19, 2019, 02:20:30 AM »
I live in Lancashire and start of each season my mates and I have a flutter on the three to go down from the Prem, the three to go back up and Albion's finishing position.

One of my mates, a Blackpool supporter, has Wolves and Villa in the relegation spots. Needless to say he has shot up in my mates league. Even though I think he will be wrong.

;)
think he is brown nosing you mate, no way are the dingles getting relegated,
the seals on the other hand...

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8118 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:05 AM »
think he is brown nosing you mate, no way are the dingles getting relegated,
the seals on the other hand...

Dingles were 38/1 on betfair for relegation yesterday. It would of been rude not to stick £2.

Villa were 6/4. So also had £2 on them  ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:45:30 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8119 on: August 19, 2019, 10:30:46 AM »
I bumped into two Vile fans yesterday and they still think they will qualify for the Champions League.

I didn't want to spoil there day so I just nodded. They real are deluded fantasists

Online skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8120 on: August 19, 2019, 10:34:35 AM »
I bumped into two Vile fans yesterday and they still think they will qualify for the Champions League.

I didn't want to spoil there day so I just nodded. They real are deluded fantasists

I think they have confused the Champions League with the Championship.....they will very likely qualify for the latter ;D
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #8121 on: August 19, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
I think they have confused the Champions League with the Championship.....they will very likely qualify for the latter ;D

My thoughts exactly!

ps like your new avatar

Online skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8122 on: August 19, 2019, 10:41:23 AM »
My thoughts exactly!

ps like your new avatar

Thanks AF

but can you name the band?? :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:44:55 AM by skyclad99 »
What have we done?
And what have we become

Offline BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8123 on: August 19, 2019, 10:43:44 AM »
but can you name the band?? :)
Day of the Dead?
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Online skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #8124 on: August 19, 2019, 10:47:14 AM »
Day of the Dead?

Good try but no..... :(

and in line with this particular thread, the band name is a great way of describing the vile.......
What have we done?
And what have we become