Author Topic: Albion announce profit  (Read 10108 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

Albion announce profit
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »

Webby

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Albion announce profit
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 11:11:41 AM »
Seriously why wouldn't somebody want to buy us we are very very secure unlike most other teams
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 11:13:08 AM »

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
Seriously why wouldn't somebody want to buy us we are very very secure unlike most other teams

I dont understand either, maybe we are just not fashionable, the area etc.

Everton fans are asking the same thing but i think the stadium is what is stopping them from being bought.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »

That is the reason. Because we are secure, our asking price will be higher than other financially challenged clubs.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:04:00 PM »
Good. Sounds postive and shows investment is being made in the playing staff in terms of wages rather than transfer which is what the club set out to do.

Does look like however we are getting to the peak of our spending power. This is the best squad we can afford.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:51 PM »
Good. Sounds postive and shows investment is being made in the playing staff in terms of wages rather than transfer which is what the club set out to do.

Does look like however we are getting to the peak of our spending power. This is the best squad we can afford.

This, without outside investment, we cannot afford to spend any more on wages, if we want to spend more on transfers, then we need to spend less on wages. the see-saw is balanced and its as good as its going to take.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
I only go for the beer.

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 12:29:00 PM »
Good news I think. Dan Ashworth said before last season that we would be looking to spend less on transfer fees but more on wages. Looks sound.
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 12:32:14 PM »
Also with that profit being made its clear why Pearce wants players scouted for 6 months before signing.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/West-Brom-Chairman-Jeremy-Peace-wants-potential-signings-scouted-for-six-months-each-article855152.html
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 12:46:10 PM »
The only criticism I would have of the board is why hold the AGM in London?

Surely most albion shareholders (I'm not one) are midlands based?

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I thought that the reason we are called West Bromwich Albion Football Club, is that it is the first priority of the Chairman is to maximise the success of the team on the football pitch.

We are not called West Bromwich Albion Finance Plc, who's aim and objective is the financial success of the Chairman.

The two, as any sensible person will tell you are different, so can I ask the supporters of the football club, why we are being run as a financial organization?
Penny Arcade.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 12:51:04 PM »
The only criticism I would have of the board is why hold the AGM in London?

Surely most albion shareholders (I'm not one) are midlands based?

The club are clearly alienating small shareholders by trying fancy trickwork with the super share scheme. You have also answered you own question as to why the AGM is based in London, it's so the smaller shareholders are hit harder in the pocket by getting to London when they are clearly not wanted there.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 12:52:11 PM »
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I thought that the reason we are called West Bromwich Albion Football Club, is that it is the first priority of the Chairman is to maximise the success of the team on the football pitch.

We are not called West Bromwich Albion Finance Plc, who's aim and objective is the financial success of the Chairman.

The two, as any sensible person will tell you are different, so can I ask the supporters of the football club, why we are being run as a financial organization?
Whether you like it or not West Bromwich Albion IS a business with hundreds of employees, of course it has to be financially stable, first priority will always be money before football because without it there is no club....Darlington will vouch for that!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten
Twitter - @Hodge2802

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

boinging_along

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »

I could have sworn we managed our highest finishing position in the football league in 3 (4?) decades last season.  :-X
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 02:58:20 PM »
Is it negative to repeat what's been said before??... with 3 clubs relegated every year, in any decade almost every prem club can expect to be relegated at least once - it's coming back up again like Newcastle did and we've done several times, it's about not doing a Leeds/Sheff Utd/Portsmouth etc and being out for a decade or more (like we did in the 90s!).

Our flexi contracts, ground ownership and general good business are what other clubs our size should be looking at, not fly by night sugar daddies.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
Why is everytime someone has something negative to say or questions something or even dare I say asks about trying to push a little more we get the Southampton, Leeds, Bradford, Portsmouth clubs mentioned.

Those clubs suffered from trying to go too far too quickly and in some cases from getting involved with people who should not be involved in football. Big difference.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

gingaprince

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
Poor timing announcing this during a transfer window. This will put player's demands and fees up.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 03:38:16 PM »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
Jeremy Peace is clearly a very sensible and astute person who looks after his investments very carefully and why shouldnt he. Im very happy with him in charge of our club, a safe pair of hands, we can just enjoy following WBA in the knowledge that we will be competitive on the pitch and secure off it. If we can stick around in this division for a few more seasons we should progress some more.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »
Jeremy Peace is clearly a very sensible and astute person who looks after his investments very carefully and why shouldnt he. Im very happy with him in charge of our club, a safe pair of hands, we can just enjoy following WBA in the knowledge that we will be competitive on the pitch and secure off it. If we can stick around in this division for a few more seasons we should progress some more.

As a couple have already pointed out, I don't think we will progress much further. We are at the top of a glass ceiling now whilst JP is in charge. We need external investment to break through that ceiling like Wonkas glass elevator does  ;D

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »
Why is everytime someone has something negative to say or questions something or even dare I say asks about trying to push a little more we get the Southampton, Leeds, Bradford, Portsmouth clubs mentioned.

Those clubs suffered from trying to go too far too quickly and in some cases from getting involved with people who should not be involved in football. Big difference.

Initially i thought that we could at least take a little bit of a risk and push on for a more expensive player(s) but seeing these accounts makes me realise that we really are at our ceiling. We cant go any higher without investment.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo