West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 291756 times)

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #825 on: January 15, 2013, 11:49:21 AM »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Offline BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #826 on: January 15, 2013, 11:53:50 AM »
With QPR ready to sign M'Vila and Remy he certainly won't be centre stage
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #827 on: January 15, 2013, 12:05:12 PM »
If Jeremy Peace wants 4M for Graham Dorrans then I reckon he`d want 8-10M for Odemwingie.
We just need to tell Redknapp to sod off.

Offline hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #828 on: January 15, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »
With QPR ready to sign M'Vila and Remy he certainly won't be centre stage
Not for QPR but Newcastle  rumours have re surfaced,sort of revenge attack for Remy!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Online Aztech

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #829 on: January 15, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »

.........and scores goals

What about team balance?

I am convinced we would not pair Long with Graham.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #830 on: January 15, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »
So now we have Sky Sports and Nursey claiming that Pete is interested, both are in the main for me not always reliable and as stated Nursey seems to not be a fan of us for some reason so we have our doubts on whether he is or not.

Problem is footballers these days seem to let agents do the talking and we don't have no idea what is said behind closed doors.

If he does go it will be for a Jeremy Peace style deal and it won't be for a cheap fee. Fernandes may be a good businessman when it comes to other business but has he sat across a boardroom table with Jezza  :D
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #831 on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:22 PM »
So now we have Sky Sports and Nursey claiming that Pete is interested, both are in the main for me not always reliable and as stated Nursey seems to not be a fan of us for some reason so we have our doubts on whether he is or not.

Problem is footballers these days seem to let agents do the talking and we don't have no idea what is said behind closed doors.

If he does go it will be for a Jeremy Peace style deal and it won't be for a cheap fee. Fernandes may be a good businessman when it comes to other business but has he sat across a boardroom table with Jezza  :D
The biggest factor for me is what we would be left with , Lukaku is a loan , Long has done well but needs to be managed . After those two you have Rosenberg who hasn't settled (not played in true role though) , Fortune who works hard but doesn't score enough and now we have Nabi breaking through but just a kid.
Add to this Clarke likes to play 4-2-3-1 and uses Pete on the flanks , for me even if QPR are desperate enough to pay big it would too much changing around for us in a small space of time in a expensive market .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline Floydy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #832 on: January 15, 2013, 12:43:03 PM »

I understand that he is a Seal fan
Twitter: @floydy1983

Offline batesg123

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #833 on: January 15, 2013, 12:45:23 PM »
The biggest factor for me is what we would be left with , Lukaku is a loan , Long has done well but needs to be managed . After those two you have Rosenberg who hasn't settled (not played in true role though) , Fortune who works hard but doesn't score enough and now we have Nabi breaking through but just a kid.
Add to this Clarke likes to play 4-2-3-1 and uses Pete on the flanks , for me even if QPR are desperate enough to pay big it would too much changing around for us in a small space of time in a expensive market .
Spot on, would certainly not let him go in January as we would be forced to pay over the odds for a replacement. Would not mind letting him go in the summer provided we can get a quality young replacement for him, but then we have the problem that any transfer fee would be severely reduced

Offline wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #834 on: January 15, 2013, 12:46:00 PM »
Is this the same Nursey who said Villa would finish above us ? What a idiot ;D  Odemwingie will stay unless QPR offer silly money.
BOING BOING

Offline Albion79

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #835 on: January 15, 2013, 12:55:32 PM »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:57:41 PM by Albion79 »

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #836 on: January 15, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »
Wasn't there an offer from China Albion 79 ? , sure it was under Roy who told him to stay in this country ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #837 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »
He signed a contract, we don't need the money.Keep him until at least the end of the season.Mind you i would laugh laugh laugh if he joined them and they went down.

He is still worth more to us than the money
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #838 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »
He signed a contract, we don't need the money.Keep him until at least the end of the season.Mind you i would laugh laugh laugh if he joined them and they went down.

He is still worth more to us than the money

He'll have a get out clause inserted to make sure if that happens he's away.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

The Gaffer

« Reply #839 on: January 15, 2013, 01:41:23 PM »
Is there anyone QPR ain't interested in? Talk about desperate. If QPR were a man he'd be in a night club, naked except for underpants with a "come and suck this" sign on the front.

This is a clear indication of a badly run club.

Offline phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #840 on: January 15, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
Is there anyone QPR ain't interested in? Talk about desperate. If QPR were a man he'd be in a night club, naked except for underpants with a "come and suck this" sign on the front.

This is a clear indication of a badly run club.
Or lazy journalism putting their name to everything as its QPR, they are desperate, fairly rich and have Arry
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Offline phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #841 on: January 15, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
James Nursey?@JamesNursey

Another factor in the #QPR #WBA Odemwingie equation is told Harry willing to play PO in his favoured central striker role

12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Offline Albion79

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #842 on: January 15, 2013, 02:23:38 PM »
May well of been Dexy, i cant remember! If he was to go to a Qatar or China then its a last payday, some may say QPR can be classed as the same thing!

According to the twitter thing just that Remy has chose QPR over Newcastle officially so i imagine that would be the end of their interest but the general opinion from overseas experts is that Remy is not in good form and will take a while to get going at QPR so maybe they will pursue Odemwingie for instant results. I hope not!

The Gaffer

« Reply #843 on: January 15, 2013, 02:29:48 PM »
Let them pursue Odemwingie. If he is stupid and thick enough to go there that's his funeral if he thinks that's a forward step then he needs certifying.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #844 on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:09 PM »
Clarke likes playing a 433 with the wide men acting as forwards like in Mouriniho's set up. Odemwingie is the only player we have who can do this role and do it well. Losing him would leave our side very unbalanced and if we sell him without bringing in a replacement I will be very disappointed in the club, again looking at money rather than success.

I do understand the argument about his age and the money offered though, although i'm not convinced QPR are ready to offer serious money. 2-2.5 million offered for Odemwingie was it? Why would we ever accept that? We wont sell for less than 5 million and even that, for a player who is on course for a third straight double figure goal season, who is versatile, and in the inflated prices January transfer window, is quite low.

I would understand if we accept for 6.5-7 million for him as it frees up about 3 million in wages over 18 months on top but I would expect a replacement this January, even if it was just a loan.
Boing Boing

Offline GrGr

• WBA Coach
« Reply #845 on: January 15, 2013, 05:50:37 PM »
The only way we would sell Odemwingie is if we got enough money to buy a direct replacement of first team quality. Maybe enough to buy someone like Ince (if he would fit in, I haven't seen him much but the little I've seen he has looked talented. But that player would need to fit Clarke's system to a t.)

Offline charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #846 on: January 15, 2013, 06:12:48 PM »
Conspiracy theorists will be out tonight if he doesn't play, but let me just say think his wife is expecting and over by a few day so don't be surprised if not included

Offline VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #847 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »
No tapping up here. ::)

More reason to dislike 'Arry "used car salesman" Redknapp.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

wdbroun

« Reply #848 on: January 15, 2013, 06:54:51 PM »
Unless I'm reading the wrong boards, the Hoops' fan base doesn't actually seem all that excited about Pete, from what I've been able to peruse.

The fans are dreaming much bigger, which is I suppose a kind of ingrained habit if you're supporting a crummy London chequebook club.

Online royhan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #849 on: January 15, 2013, 07:12:10 PM »
He's only on the bench tonight. It is anyone's guess how significant this is. Perhaps he will just be eased back after his injury. On the other hand, he may have been kept out of the team in case he gets injured again prior to a transfer. I think the former is likely to be the case.