West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 1072474 times)

gprest, WBArgo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7275 on: August 10, 2019, 10:30:35 AM »
Well I give more than a flying ****, I went to both games at Villa Park last season, like a library compared to when we go to the Mol . Maybe we wont be too long renewing old rivalry.
I'm with Atomic couldn't care less about Wulfs but Vile really get my blood up but then I'm just an old fart from Smerrick!

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7276 on: August 10, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
I’m a 90’s kid so wolves will always be my main rival , villa aren’t a patch on them for me . All though it has got a lot more intense over the past few years for me .

Vila park away or the custard bowl , there really isn’t any comparison. When you go to the custard bowl the atmosphere is something else , you can feel the hate in the air. Villa park away you wouldn’t even know it’s a local derby. I’ve been to better atmospheres in non local derby games.

I understand that there’s a young generation that have never seen us even play wolves . Lad at work is 18 and he can’t even remember a wolves game . So I get that us not playing each other for so long doesn’t help .

But wolves all day for me the villa rivalry doesn’t come even close.

As much as I hate them if there’s anytime that they can’t be knocked then nows the time they are light years in front of us now , as much as it pains me to say it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:41:07 AM by OldburyWBA »

Online WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #7277 on: August 10, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
I’m a 90’s kid so wolves will always be my main rival , villa aren’t a patch on them for me . All though it has got a lot more intense over the past few years for me .

Vila park away or the custard bowl , there really isn’t any comparison. When u go to the custard bowl the atmosphere is something else , you can feel the hate in the air. Villa park away you wouldn’t even know it’s a local derby. I’ve been to better atmospheres in non local derby games.

I understand that there’s a young generation that have never seen us even play wolves . Lad at work is 18 and he can’t even remember a wolves game . So I get that us not playing each other for so long doesn’t help .

As much as I hate them if there’s anytime that they can’t be knocked then nows the time they are light years in front of us now , as much as it pains me to say it

Agree, Villa at ours in the play-offs this season was a joke by their away fans. Literally didn't sing until they won it on penaltys whilst we sung all night. At least the Wolves do get vocal and their fans seem less arrogant...ironic based on the Holte End 12th man and all that nonsense.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #7278 on: August 10, 2019, 11:42:39 AM »

Vila park away or the custard bowl , there really isn’t any comparison. When you go to the custard bowl the atmosphere is something else , you can feel the hate in the air. Villa park away you wouldn’t even know it’s a local derby. I’ve been to better atmospheres in non local derby games.

Above post edited due to text speak, future posts from anyone containing any text speak, even a single word will be removed as per our forum rules. Yep, the little hitler brigade are back.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7279 on: August 10, 2019, 12:16:27 PM »
Agree, Villa at ours in the play-offs this season was a joke by their away fans. Literally didn't sing until they won it on penaltys whilst we sung all night. At least the Wolves do get vocal and their fans seem less arrogant...ironic based on the Holte End 12th man and all that nonsense.

They did sing you just had no chance of hearing them with the din our lot were making. The noise that night was unreal you wouldn't have heard 2,000 visiting fans whatever team we were playing.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7280 on: August 22, 2019, 09:25:47 PM »
Thought Torino might atleast cause them some problems at home, but Wolves are swatting them aside. May have to accept that with their squad make up and all of their quality, they will be one of the favourites to win the Europa League this year.

Only their smallish squad and a possible tilt at a top 4 place might derail them.
Boing Boing

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7281 on: August 22, 2019, 09:39:14 PM »
Thought Torino might atleast cause them some problems at home, but Wolves are swatting them aside. May have to accept that with their squad make up and all of their quality, they will be one of the favourites to win the Europa League this year.

Only their smallish squad and a possible tilt at a top 4 place might derail them.

Hahahaha, brilliant mate. Seriously good.  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7282 on: August 22, 2019, 10:14:00 PM »

Hahahaha, brilliant mate. Seriously good.  ;D

You predicted they would get relegated last year Jacko....they made Europe and were minutes away from an FA cup final 😉.

Bookmakers currently rank them 8th favourites, so not that ridiculous a statement.

2 English clubs in the final last year, a semi finalist in 2018, English winner 2017, English runner up 2016. We have also started to dominate in the Champions League again in the last 2 years, suggesting we are currently back in a bit of an English domination period again like the mid to late "noughties".

The last time we dominated Europe back in the mid to late 2000's, both Middlesbrough and Fulham reached the UEFA cup final, while both Bolton and Villa only went out in the knockout rounds due to fielding severley weakened teams.

Most neutral observers will look at Wolves and say they are one of the names in the hat who could win this competition. They have just gave Torino, the 7th best team in Europe's third best league (co efficient rating) a hiding in Turin. Wolves will most likely get through the home leg and into the group stages with sides who don't have their resources. I expect them to make the knockout phase, and then it is anyone's guess.
Boing Boing

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7283 on: August 22, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »
You predicted they would get relegated last year Jacko....they made Europe and were minutes away from an FA cup final 😉.

Bookmakers currently rank them 8th favourites, so not that ridiculous a statement.

2 English clubs in the final last year, a semi finalist in 2018, English winner 2017, English runner up 2016. We have also started to dominate in the Champions League again in the last 2 years, suggesting we are currently back in a bit of an English domination period again like the mid to late "noughties".

The last time we dominated Europe back in the mid to late 2000's, both Middlesbrough and Fulham reached the UEFA cup final, while both Bolton and Villa only went out in the knockout rounds due to fielding severley weakened teams.

Most neutral observers will look at Wolves and say they are one of the names in the hat who could win this competition. They have just gave Torino, the 7th best team in Europe's third best league (co efficient rating) a hiding in Turin. Wolves will most likely get through the home leg and into the group stages with sides who don't have their resources. I expect them to make the knockout phase, and then it is anyone's guess.

Can only assume you didn't watch the actual game, Torino dominated it and it would be no surprise to see them win 2 nil at the Custard Bowl.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7284 on: August 22, 2019, 11:02:13 PM »
They're a very good counter attacking team. Happy to sit back and let the other team dominate possession, as they've done against Leicester, United and Torino. But they're ruthless in attack and have some very clinical players.

Nowhere near top 6 quality, especially with the smallish squad. Though I can see them going fairly far in the Europa League, maybe quarter finals if they take it seriously.

Offline kevinr61

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7285 on: August 22, 2019, 11:03:14 PM »
Really?? Wolves don't mind giving possession away - most games the opposition "dominate" but don't win very often, it's a specific tactic Wolves use as opposed to tippy tappy football at the back and midfield that most teams seem to play. Only a late penalty made it 3-2. For Torino to win 2-0 they would have to come at Wolves which is just what they want.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7286 on: August 22, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »

Can only assume you didn't watch the actual game, Torino dominated it and it would be no surprise to see them win 2 nil at the Custard Bowl.

Watched fair chunk of first half where Wolves were by far the best team. Didn't see second half, but the 3-2 win in Turin means Torino will need to score atleast 2 at the custard bowl to go through now. Not impossible, but unlikely as the Molineux will be buzzing.

I know you hate the Dingles Jacko, but you've shown already you allow that to overly sway your predictions regarding them 😁. They will almost certainly be in the group stages now. Just have to hope they start to rest players in the winter and come unstuck travelling to Ukraine and Russia.
Boing Boing

Offline kevinr61

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7287 on: August 22, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »
Sorry WBA_1996...we seemed to say exactly the same thing - I was replying to Jacko!

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7288 on: August 22, 2019, 11:07:43 PM »
I’m not going to lie, it sucks how suddenly they’ve become a good side. They’ve made a semi final in the cup and are now playing well in the Europa league, whilst we struggle to break down Reading at home. Not something I want to say, but it’s undeniable.
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7289 on: August 22, 2019, 11:17:50 PM »
Nowhere near top 6 quality, especially with the smallish squad. Though I can see them going fairly far in the Europa League, maybe quarter finals if they take it seriously.

I think they will probably fall short of the top 6, but if a side from outside the big 6 were ever to gate crash the party again post Leicester, this is the season to do it.

Chelsea have a transfer ban and a rookie manager with big questions marks in Lampard. Man Utd continue to do poor business in the transfer market (lose Lukaku, Hererra and replace him with only Dan James) plus also have a potentially wesker manager.

Both clubs are there for the taking if one of Wolves, Everton, Leicester or West Ham were to try to take them on this year. It wouldn't be that big a shock (Bolton and Villa did it back in mid 2000's, we nearly finished above Liverpool only a few years ago - you just have to take advantage of clubs 8n transition).
Boing Boing

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7290 on: August 23, 2019, 09:06:36 AM »

If they are to win the Europa League, then that would be an extra 23 games, on top of 38 league, and at least 2 cup (minimum 1 in each).

They've put together a good squad, but it is quite thin, and I can't see them doing it with that many games.

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7291 on: August 23, 2019, 10:19:38 AM »
In some respects it pains me to say this, but Wolves look a good premiership team with a quite decent squad and decent attacking football to watch.  Compared to us the lows (near bankruptcy, lower leagues even in recent times and shoddy owners), have been lower, but the highs have been higher as well.

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7292 on: August 23, 2019, 10:42:15 AM »

They wont win the Europa league, I will put my mortgage on that. They will do ok in the group stages and may even go through, but will get knocked out by whoever comes into the Europa league from the Champions league.

And they wont be anywhere near the top 4 either. The usual top 6, Leicester and Everton will finish above them.

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #7293 on: August 23, 2019, 01:02:15 PM »

Given your record with predictions, thats Wolves winning 3-0 then  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline kevinr61

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7294 on: August 29, 2019, 10:35:06 PM »

Well, that aged well :D

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7295 on: August 29, 2019, 11:57:01 PM »
Well, that aged well :D

What happened, complete on my house tomorrow not been near a tv for packing? Assume they won?

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7296 on: August 29, 2019, 11:59:27 PM »

What happened, complete on my house tomorrow not been near a tv for packing? Assume they won?

Had a look, looks like they got dominated again but took their chances. Still no plan B.

Offline kevinr61

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7297 on: August 30, 2019, 12:30:50 AM »
Good game, Torino had lots of possession but never looked like winning

Offline leeiswba

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7298 on: August 30, 2019, 07:28:14 AM »

Jacko strikes again is what happened

Offline Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7299 on: Yesterday at 10:03:57 PM »
Is #Nunoout trending just yet?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.