West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 937346 times)

Offline EastYorksAlbion

• WBA Newbie
Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7025 on: December 01, 2018, 09:06:52 PM »
I find the way they have elevated Fosun to the greatest thing since since sliced bread as cringeworthy. Fosun are an investment group, so are really only interested in making money from there investment. Unlike Chelsea who are a billionaires plaything or City who are similar, though basically funded by a country, money no object. I think Wolves owners will be gone before ours.

Offline BalisPen

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7026 on: December 01, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
I find the way they have elevated Fosun to the greatest thing since since sliced bread as cringeworthy. Fosun are an investment group, so are really only interested in making money from there investment. Unlike Chelsea who are a billionaires plaything or City who are similar, though basically funded by a country, money no object. I think Wolves owners will be gone before ours.

You can tell when an owner is going to invest like at man City, they use every avenue possible to get money into the club like shirt sponsorshio and stadium name.

When fosun took over they didn't change the disgusting money shop sponsor nor sponsor the stadium.

Mendes, who they love, has got them paying ridiculous prices for his clients like costa and jota.

The fact they kept bonatini even though he didn't score after last Xmas show they do whatever Mendes says even though the player is terrible.

Fosun spout the same rubbish as the vile owner did and the thick dings lap it up.

Offline Dan

• WBA Coach
« Reply #7027 on: December 02, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/could-it-be.207990/

So the reason for Wolves poor form isn't that they're not actually a European contender, its because the current team are upset they're about to be replaced by superstars in January.

FOSUN have invested a lot to Wolves, they had some real coups at Championship level and clearly had a lot of money injected. But the idea they're trying to make them a premier league force just doesn't stack up. Wolves signings are still largely Mendes clients - squad and fringe players from Portugal, Monaco, and Atletico (with the exception of Patricio, although he's not that good either). Decent players for sure can be got this way but the idea they're going to be getting superstars just has no basis, but they'll likely continue getting good investment.

Jiminez will be the litmus test for how much they're actually controlled by Mendes, if they actually go through with paying £35m for him after his loan then they're just at his mercy, otherwise I can believe its set up as a mutually beneficial thing.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:43:46 PM by Dan »

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #7028 on: December 02, 2018, 10:59:11 PM »
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index.php?threads/could-it-be.207990/

So the reason for Wolves poor form isn't that they're not actually a European contender, its because the current team are upset they're about to be replaced by superstars in January.

FOSUN have invested a lot to Wolves, they had some real coups at Championship level and clearly had a lot of money injected. But the idea they're trying to make them a premier league force just doesn't stack up. Wolves signings are still largely Mendes clients - squad and fringe players from Portugal, Monaco, and Atletico (with the exception of Patricio, although he's not that good either). Decent players for sure can be got this way but the idea they're going to be getting superstars just has no basis, but they'll likely continue getting good investment.

Jiminez will be the litmus test for how much they're actually controlled by Mendes, if they actually go through with paying £35m for him after his loan then they're just at his mercy, otherwise I can believe its set up as a mutually beneficial thing.

35m ?    :o ;D  April Fool ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7029 on: December 03, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
The wolves squad was never going to get near the top 8 with Jimenez as their lead striker.

It has been good seeing some of the reactions across their fans the weekend, some calling for Nuno to be sacked, others thinking they've been found out in the league and will struggle.

Others think it's a blip and they will just reinforce the squad in January  ???

Traore just looks like a bigger more expensive version of Burke.

Offline kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7030 on: December 04, 2018, 12:06:57 AM »
I'm confused..... are they going to be in the champions league next season or not?

Offline leeiswba

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7031 on: December 05, 2018, 11:00:20 PM »
They crack me right up, messaging thinking that Albion fans are going to be impressed by things that we have done a number of times over the last 8 years ;D

I’ll admit I was caught up in the media bandwaggon at the start of the season, but after watching them and realising that they are your bang average premierleague team (like we were) who will finish between 8th and 17th for a few years and picking up the odd decent result against a big team I’ve lost a bit of interest now.

Definitely a case of ‘been there done that’ and got bored from our point of view

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Coach
« Reply #7032 on: December 05, 2018, 11:08:06 PM »
Fair play tonight they rode their luck and took their chances. First win for 2 months... they'll be right down there in May.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #7033 on: December 06, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
Fair play tonight they rode their luck and took their chances. First win for 2 months... they'll be right down there in May.

I so hope your crystal ball is working at max potential
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Online skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7034 on: December 06, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »
I remember going to Old Trafford and beating Man U...we still got relegated

Good result but means nothing really......
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline OllieTheBaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7035 on: Yesterday at 05:55:37 PM »
They really are jammy at times, they didn't deserve that at all.

Offline Mikkyk

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7036 on: Yesterday at 06:17:34 PM »
Deliberate elbow and very dangerous play from Boly.

Hopefully gets banned retrospectively.

Offline wbarenno

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7037 on: Yesterday at 06:20:42 PM »
I remember going to Old Trafford and beating Man U...we still got relegated

Good result but means nothing really......

Let’s be honest wolves aren’t going to get relegated. As much as it pains me to say it