West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Anything Stoke  (Read 154297 times)

Offline timdon

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Anything Stoke
« Reply #1050 on: August 17, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
Very poor start by Stoke, 2nd bottom as it stands. Would love it if these got relegated, but can't see it somehow.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:52:57 AM by OldburyWBA »

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1051 on: August 18, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
Very poor start by Stoke, 2nd bottom as it stands. Would love it if these got relegated, but can't see it somehow.

I think there is every chance of it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 10:53:10 AM by OldburyWBA »
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline johnny Cash

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1052 on: August 18, 2019, 09:46:13 AM »
I think there is every chance of it.

Odds on Pulis to go back and save them from relegation?

I can’t see them going down, but Nathan Jones could be the next managerial casualty. Stokes next league fixtures are Leeds (h)  Birmingham (a) Bristol (h) Brentford (a).

Lose the next two and he will be gone in the international break I reckon.

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1053 on: August 18, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
They need to get going soon. They have signed so many players in the last 2 years and on paper have one of the strongest squads in the league, yet successive managers haven't been able to get them to click.

Fancy Leeds to beat them, and after that you wonder how long Jones will have left.
Boing Boing

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1054 on: August 22, 2019, 09:50:23 AM »
Another big loss for them last night. Wonder how much longer Jones will get.

Butland had a shocker of a game, 2 absolute clangers.

Offline Standaman

• WBA Coach
« Reply #1055 on: August 22, 2019, 06:39:33 PM »
Stoke are generally quite patient and the performances are better than the results would suggest but how long will that wash? My guess is that he will get until 2nd international break which is roughly 11 games into the season. I don't think Stoke would be happy to write off the season without at least a stab at a play-off place. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1056 on: August 22, 2019, 07:31:55 PM »
I have been on Oatcake today as I like to cheer myself up occasionally. Quite a few wanting Pulis back, and an equal amount very much against.

Desperate times call for desperate measures....
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1057 on: August 22, 2019, 07:42:53 PM »
I have been on Oatcake today as I like to cheer myself up occasionally. Quite a few wanting Pulis back, and an equal amount very much against.

He would probably keep them up, and for good measure come back here and beat us 1-0 with a header from a set piece.  :(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:55:30 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline Baggies

• WBA Manager
« Reply #1058 on: August 22, 2019, 11:23:59 PM »
Stoke are generally quite patient and the performances are better than the results would suggest but how long will that wash? My guess is that he will get until 2nd international break which is roughly 11 games into the season. I don't think Stoke would be happy to write off the season without at least a stab at a play-off place.

I'd be shocked if they kept faith with him for that long is they are still in the relegation zone. I wouldn't be that shocked to see him sacked this weekend if they lose at home to Leeds. Chairmen get panicky very easily, especially with the money they spent last season.
Boing Boing

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1059 on: August 23, 2019, 09:02:47 AM »

I don't care how desperate it got down The Albion, I still would never have him back.

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1060 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:45 AM »
I don't care how desperate it got down The Albion, I still would never have him back.

With you on that one, and I was all for him when he was appointed... never again, ever.

The thing is with Stoke is that he got them into the Premier League and Europe, as well as doing rather well in the FA cup. Something that they have never come close to since, so to some he is still highly thought of.........I can see it happening to be honest and you can guarantee he will sort them out and they will do a number on us.... :(
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?